heating Technology and Energy Use: a Discrete/Continuous Choice Approach to Norwegian Household Energy Demand
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Vaage, Kjell, 2000. "Heating technology and energy use: a discrete/continuous choice approach to Norwegian household energy demand," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 649-666, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1984. "Discrete-Continuous Models of Consumer Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 541-561, May.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Heckman, James J, 1979. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-161, January.
- Lester D. Taylor, 1975. "The Demand for Electricity: A Survey," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(1), pages 74-110, Spring.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Peter C. Reiss & Matthew W. White, 2001. "Household Electricity Demand, Revisited," NBER Working Papers 8687, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Ellickson & Sanjog Misra, 2012. "Enriching interactions: Incorporating outcome data into static discrete games," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Damette, Olivier & Delacote, Philippe & Lo, Gaye Del, 2018.
"Households energy consumption and transition toward cleaner energy sources,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 751-764.
- Olivier Damette & Philippe Delacote & Gaye del Lo, 2017. "Households energy consumption and transition towards cleaner energy sources," Working Papers 1702, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Olivier Damette & Philippe Delacote & Gaye Del Lo, 2018. "Households energy consumption and transition toward cleaner energy sources," Post-Print hal-01762610, HAL.
- Richards, Timothy J., 2000.
"A Two-Stage Model Of The Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Richards, Timothy J., 1998. "A Two Stage Model of the Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance," Working Papers 28546, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Knox, Lyle & Richards, Timothy J., 1999. "A Two-Stage Model Of The Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21681, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ariel Casarin, 2014. "Regulated price reforms and unregulated substitutes: the case of residential piped gas in Argentina," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 34-56, February.
- Viauroux, Christelle, 2011. "Pricing urban congestion: A structural random utility model with traffic anticipation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 877-902.
- Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Lee, Joo Suk & Kwak, Seung-Jun, 2007. "Estimation of residential electricity demand function in Seoul by correction for sample selection bias," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5702-5707, November.
- Andrea Pellegrini & Igor Sarman & Rico Maggi, 2021. "Understanding tourists’ expenditure patterns: a stochastic frontier approach within the framework of multiple discrete–continuous choices," Transportation, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 931-951, April.
- Li, Jia & Just, Richard E., 2018. "Modeling household energy consumption and adoption of energy efficient technology," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 404-415.
- Fan Zhang, 2015. "Energy Price Reform and Household Welfare: The Case of Turkey," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Isamu Matsukawa, 2005. "The Benefits of Information on the Efficient Usage of Consumer Durables," Others 0501005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga & Xiral López-Otero, 2011. "Energy Demand for Heating in Spain: An Empirical Analysis with Policy Purposes," Working Papers 06-2011, Economics for Energy.
- Michael Hanemann & Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga, 2013. "Energy Demand for Heating: Short Run and Long Run," Working Papers 07-2013, Economics for Energy.
- Bruneel-Zupanc, Christophe Alain, 2021. "Discrete-Continuous Dynamic Choice Models: Identification and Conditional Choice Probability Estimation," TSE Working Papers 21-1185, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Mansur, Erin T. & Mendelsohn, Robert & Morrison, Wendy, 2008. "Climate change adaptation: A study of fuel choice and consumption in the US energy sector," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 175-193, March.
- Andrea Pellegrini & Stefano Scagnolari, 2021. "The relationship between length of stay and land transportation mode in the tourism sector: A discreteâ€“continuous framework applied to Swiss data," Tourism Economics, , vol. 27(1), pages 243-259, February.
- Runa Nesbakken, 1998. "Residential Energy Consumption for Space Heating in Norwegian Households A Discrete-Continuous Choice Approach," Discussion Papers 231, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- T.R.L. Fry & R.D. Brooks & Br. Comley & J. Zhang, 1993. "Economic Motivations for Limited Dependent and Qualitative Variable Models," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(2), pages 193-205, June.
- Evan J. Miller-Tait & Sandeep Mohapatra & M. K. (Marty) Luckert & Brent M. Swallow, 2019. "Processing technologies for undervalued grains in rural India: on target to help the poor?," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(1), pages 151-166, February.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Michael Hanemann, W. & Stavins, Robert N., 2007.
"Water demand under alternative price structures,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 181-198, September.
- Sheila Olmstead & W. Michael Hanemann & Robert N. Stavins, 2007. "Water Demand Under Alternative Price Structures," NBER Working Papers 13573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsDEMAND ; ENERGY ; HOUSEHOLD;
All these keywords.
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:bereco:214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iouibno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Thomas Krichel (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iouibno.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.