Trade Diversification Away from the U.S. or North American Customs Union? A Review of Canada’s Trade Policy Options
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Céline CARRERE & Olivier CADOT & Vanessa STRAUSS-KHAN & Madina KUKENOVA, 2009.
"OECD Imports: Diversification and quality search,"
- Olivier Cadot & Céline Carrere & Madina Kukenova & Vanessa Strauss-Khan, 2011. "OECD Imports: Diversification and quality search," Working Papers halshs-00554319, HAL.
- Cadot, Olivier & Kukenova, Madina & Strauss-Kahn, Vanessa, 2010. "OECD imports : diversification and quality search," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5285, The World Bank.
- Guest, Ross, 2007. "Innovations in the macroeconomic modelling of population ageing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 101-119, January.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1993. "Free Trade Agreements as Protectionist Devices: Rules of Origin," NBER Working Papers 4352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia Augier & Michael Gasiorek & Charles Lai Tong, 2005. "The impact of rules of origin on trade flows," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 20(43), pages 567-624, July.
- Patrick GEORGES & Marcel MERETTE & Aylin SECKIN, "undated".
"Should Canada Diversify its Trade Pattern? An Overlapping-Generations CGE Analysis of Trade and Ageing,"
- Patrick Georges & Marcel Mérette & Aylin Seckin§, 2009. "Should Canada Diversify its Trade Pattern? An Overlapping- Generations CGE Analysis of Trade and Ageing," Working Papers 0906E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Kala Krishna, 2005. "Understanding Rules of Origin," NBER Working Papers 11150, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kala Krishna & Anne Krueger, 1995. "Implementing Free Trade Areas: Rules of Origin and Hidden Protection," NBER Working Papers 4983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans Fehr & Sabine Jokisch & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 2005. "Will China Eat Our Lunch or Take Us Out to Dinner? Simulating the Transition Paths of the U.S., EU, Japan, and China," NBER Working Papers 11668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William B.P. Robson, 2007. "Stuck on a Spoke: Proliferating Bilateral Trade Deals are a Dangerous Game for Canada," e-briefs 47, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Ghosh, Madanmohan & Rao, Someshwar, 2005. "A Canada-U.S. customs union: Potential economic impacts in NAFTA countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 805-827, October.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Markusen, James R. & Rutherford, Thomas F., 1996. "Trade policy subtleties with multinational firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1605-1627, November.
- Patrick Georges, 2008. "Liberalizing NAFTA Rules of Origin: A Dynamic CGE Analysis," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 672-691, September.
- Luis A. Rivera-Batiz & Paul M. Romer, 1991. "Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 531-555.
- Rod Falvey & Geoff Reed, 2002. "Rules of Origin as Commercial Policy Instruments," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(2), pages 393-408, May.
- Patrick Georges, 2010. "Dispensing with NAFTA Rules of Origin? Some Policy Options," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(11), pages 1606-1637, November.
- Robin Banerjee & William B.P. Robson, 2009. "Faster, Younger, Richer? The Fond Hope and Sobering Reality of Immigration's Impact on Canada's Demographic and Economic Future," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 291, July.
- Georges, Patrick, 2008.
"Toward a North American customs union: Rules of origin liberalization matters more than a common external tariff for Canada,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 304-318, December.
- Patrick Georges, 2007. "Toward a North American Customs Union Rules of Origin Liberalization Matters More than a Common External Tariff for Canada," Working Papers 0704E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Choi, E. Kwan & Harrigan, James, 2003. "Handbook of International Trade," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11375, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- P. J. Lloyd, 1993. "A Tariff Substitute for Rules of Origin in Free Trade Areas," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(6), pages 699-712, November.
- Krueger, Anne O., 1997. "Free trade agreements versus customs unions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 169-187, October.
- Rivera-Batiz, Luis A & Xie, Danyang, 1992. "GATT, Trade, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 422-427, May.
- Fougere, Maxime & Mercenier, Jean & Merette, Marcel, 2007. "A sectoral and occupational analysis of population ageing in Canada using a dynamic CGE overlapping generations model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 690-711, July.
- Mérette Marcel & Georges Patrick, 2010. "Demographic Changes and the Gains from Globalisation: An Analysis of Ageing, Capital Flows, and International Trade," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-39, October.
- Karl Meilke & James Rude & Steven Zahniser, 2008. "Is 'NAFTA Plus' an Option in the North American Agrifood Sector?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7), pages 925-946, July.
- Börsch-Supan, Axel & Ludwig, Alexander & Winter, Joachim, 2004. "Aging, Pension Reform, and Capital Flows:," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 04-65, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Patrick Georges & Marcel Mérette & Qi Zhang, 2012. "Toward a North American Security Perimeter? Assessing the Trade and FDI Impacts of Liberalizing 9/11 Security Measures," Working Papers 1204E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCanadian Trade Policy; Geographical Trade Diversification; Population Ageing; Globalization.;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-10 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ott:wpaper:1205e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Ritchot). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deottca.html .