Canada’s Trade Policy Options under Donald Trump: NAFTA’s rules of origin, Canada-U.S. security perimeter, and Canada’s geographical trade diversification opportunities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Georges, Patrick & Lisenkova, Katerina & Mérette, Marcel, 2013.
"Can the ageing North benefit from expanding trade with the South?,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 990-998.
- Marcel Mérette & Patrick Georges & Katerina Lisenkova, 2013. "Can Ageing North Benefit from Expanding Trade with South?," EcoMod2013 6162, EcoMod.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1993. "Free Trade Agreements as Protectionist Devices: Rules of Origin," NBER Working Papers 4352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Georges & Marcel Mérette & Aylin Seckin§, 2009.
"Should Canada Diversify its Trade Pattern? An Overlapping- Generations CGE Analysis of Trade and Ageing,"
0906E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Patrick GEORGES & Marcel MERETTE & Aylin SECKIN, 2009. "Should Canada Diversify its Trade Pattern? An Overlapping-Generations CGE Analysis of Trade and Ageing," EcoMod2009 21500036, EcoMod.
- Kala Krishna, 2005. "Understanding Rules of Origin," NBER Working Papers 11150, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kala Krishna & Anne Krueger, 1995. "Implementing Free Trade Areas: Rules of Origin and Hidden Protection," NBER Working Papers 4983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jaume Ventura, 2002. "The World Income Distribution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 659-694.
- Steven J. Davis & Till Von Wachter, 2011.
"Recessions and the Costs of Job Loss,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 42(2 (Fall)), pages 1-72.
- Steven J. Davis & Till M. von Wachter, 2011. "Recessions and the Cost of Job Loss," NBER Working Papers 17638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven J. Davis & Till Von Wachter, 2011. "Recessions and the Costs of Job Loss," Working Papers 2011-009, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Ghosh, Madanmohan & Rao, Someshwar, 2005. "A Canada-U.S. customs union: Potential economic impacts in NAFTA countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 805-827, October.
- Patrick Georges, 2008. "Liberalizing NAFTA Rules of Origin: A Dynamic CGE Analysis," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 672-691, September.
- Georges, Patrick & Mérette, Marcel, 2012. "Toward a North American Security Perimeter? Assessing the trade, FDI, and welfare impacts of liberalizing 9/11 security measures," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2514-2526.
- Céline Carrère & Jaime de Melo, 2015.
"Are Different Rules of Origin Equally Costly? Estimates from NAFTA,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 12, pages 277-298,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Céline CARRERE & Jaime MELO DE, 2004. "Are Different Rules of Origin Equally Costly? Estimates from NAFTA," Working Papers 200412, CERDI.
- Céline Carrere & Olivier Cadot, 2006. "Are different Rules of Origin Equally Costly? Estimates from NAFTA," Post-Print hal-00130079, HAL.
- Carrère, Céline & de Melo, Jaime, 2004. "Are Different Rules of Origin Equally Costly? Estimates from NAFTA," CEPR Discussion Papers 4437, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Georges, 2010. "Dispensing with NAFTA Rules of Origin? Some Policy Options," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(11), pages 1606-1637, November.
- Antoni Estevadeordal & Kati Suominen & Jeremy Harris & José Ernesto López Córdova, 2008. "Gatekeepers of Global Commerce: Rules of Origin and International Economic Integration," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 16558, February.
- repec:idb:brikps:16558 is not listed on IDEAS
- P. J. Lloyd, 1993. "A Tariff Substitute for Rules of Origin in Free Trade Areas," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(6), pages 699-712, November.
- Krueger, Anne O., 1997. "Free trade agreements versus customs unions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 169-187, October.
- Trien T. Nguyen & Randall M. Wigle, 2011. "Border Delays Re-Emerging Priority: Within-Country Dimensions for Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 37(1), pages 49-59, March.
- Grady, Patrick, 2009. "Were Canadian Exports to the U.S. Curtailed by the Post-9/11 Thickening of the U.S. Border?," MPRA Paper 21047, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mérette Marcel & Georges Patrick, 2010. "Demographic Changes and the Gains from Globalisation: An Analysis of Ageing, Capital Flows, and International Trade," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-39, October.
- Steven Globerman & Paul Storer, 2009. "Border Security and Canadian Exports to the United States: Evidence and Policy Implications," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 35(2), pages 171-186, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Refk Selmi & Jamal Bouoiyour & Shawkat Hammoudeh, 2020. "Common and country-specific uncertainty fluctuations in oil-producing countries : Measures, macroeconomic effects and policy challenges," Post-Print hal-02929898, HAL.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi, 2019. "The Qatar-Gulf Crisis and Risk Management in Oil and Gas Markets," Working Papers hal-02101633, HAL.
More about this item
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ott:wpaper:1707e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Ritchot). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deottca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.