Ein geeigneter wettbewerblicher Rahmen für die deutsche Wasserwirtschaft
Due to recent European developments the question may no longer be if more competition should be introduced in the German water and sewerage sector. The issue rather is what kind of competition ought to be implemented. There are mainly three different approaches: Competition in the Market; Competition for the Market and the introductioin of a system of comparative efficiency. None of these approaches seem to solely fit for the fragmented structure of the German market. Therefore it is suggested to choose different regulatory approaches depending on the size of the company. Whereas incentives should be created for smaller companies to merge, the big ones should already start with a system of comparative efficiency. In the longer run the merged companies also ought to integrate into this regulatory system.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Pohligstr. 1, 50969 Köln|
Phone: +49(0)221/ 470-5347
Fax: +49(0)221/ 470 -5350
Web page: http://www.iwp.uni-koeln.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Klemperer, P., 1999.
"Auction Theory: a Guide to the Literature,"
1999-w12, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Paul Klemperer, 1999. "Auction Theory: A Guide to the Literature," Microeconomics 9903002, EconWPA.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1999. "Auction Theory: a Guide to the Literature," CEPR Discussion Papers 2163, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Klemperer, 1999. "Auction Theory: A Guide to the Literature," Economics Series Working Papers 1999-W12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Kallis, Giorgios & Nijkamp, Peter, 1999. "Evolution of EU water policy : a critical assessment and a hopeful perspective," Serie Research Memoranda 0027, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kln:iwpdip:dp03/03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Müller)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.