Teacher Pay, Class Size and Local Governments: Evidence from the Latvian Reform
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor Lavy, 2010. "Effects of Free Choice Among Public Schools," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(3), pages 1164-1191.
- Baicker, Katherine & Gordon, Nora, 2006. "The effect of state education finance reform on total local resources," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1519-1535, September.
- Patrick J. Bayer & Robert McMillan, 2010. "Choice and Competition in Education Markets," Working Papers 10-47, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Gibbons & Stephen Machin & Olmo Silva, 2008.
"Choice, Competition, and Pupil Achievement,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(4), pages 912-947, June.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2006. "Choice, Competition and Pupil Achievement," IZA Discussion Papers 2214, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2008. "Choice, competition and pupil achievement," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20472, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Walden, Michael L. & Newmark, Craig M., 1995. "Interstate variation in teacher salaries," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 395-402, December.
- Nora Gordon & Brian Knight, 2008. "The Effects of School District Consolidation on Educational Cost and Quality," Public Finance Review, , vol. 36(4), pages 408-430, July.
- Billger, Sherrilyn M., 2010. "Demographics, Fiscal Health, and School Quality: Shedding Light on School Closure Decisions," IZA Discussion Papers 4739, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Friedrich & Janno Reiljan, 2010. "Strategies In The Fiscal Reform Of Estonian General Education," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 73, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Walden, Michael L. & Sogutlu, Zulal, 2001. "Determinants of intrastate variation in teacher salaries," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 63-70, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tom Coupe & Anna Olefir & Juan Diego Alonso, 2011.
"Is Optimization an Opportunity? An Assessment of the Impact of Class Size and School Size on the Performance of Ukrainian Secondary Schools,"
44, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Coupe, Tom & Olefir, Anna & Alonso, Juan Diego, 2011. "Is optimization an opportunity ? an assessment of the impact of class size and school size on the performance of Ukrainian secondary schools," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5879, The World Bank.
- Manabu Nose, 2015. "Estimation of Drivers of Public Education Expenditure; Baumol’s Effect Revisited," IMF Working Papers 15/178, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9410-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslocal governments; teacher compensation; linked employee-employer data;
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
- M52 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Compensation and Compensation Methods and Their Effects
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-11-20 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-11-20 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2010-11-20 (Public Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2010-11-20 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-11-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.