Report NEP-EDU-2010-11-20This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Kiss, 2010. "Are Immigrants Graded Worse in Primary and Secondary Education? – Evidence for German Schools," Ruhr Economic Papers 0223, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Lenz, Rainer & Steinhaus, Carol, 2010. "Internationalization of Universities as Internationalization of Bildung," MPRA Paper 26626, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- José Ignacio García Pérez & Marisa Hidalgo Hidalgo & José Antonio Robles Zurita, 2010. "Diferencias Regionales en Rendimiento Educativo en España: ¿La Familia lo Explica Todo?," Working Papers 10.12, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Nils Braakmann, 2010. "The causal relationship between education, health and health related behaviour: Evidence from a natural experiment in England," Working Paper Series in Economics 190, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Sietske Waslander & Cissy Pater & Maartje van der Weide, 2010. "Markets in Education: An Analytical Review of Empirical Research on Market Mechanisms in Education," OECD Education Working Papers 52, OECD Publishing.
- Jörn H. Block & Lennart F. Hoogerheide & A. Roy Thurik, 2010. "Are Education and Entrepreneurial Income Endogenous and Do Family Background Variables Make Sense as Instruments?: A Bayesian Analysis," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 329, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Eleonora Patacchini & Yves Zenou, 2010. "Neighborhood effects and parental involvement in the intergenerational transmission of education," Working Papers 2010/47, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Castagnetti, Carolina & Rosti, Luisa, 2010. "Gender stereotyping and wage discrimination among Italian graduates," MPRA Paper 26685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "The effect of social trust on achievement test performance of students in Japan," MPRA Paper 26699, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Wales, 2010. "Geography or Economics? A Micro-Level Analysis of the Determinants of Degree Choice in the Context of Regional Economic Disparities in the UK," SERC Discussion Papers 0056, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Franco Sassi & Marion Devaux & Jody Church & Michele Cecchini & Francesca Borgonovi, 2009. "Education and Obesity in Four OECD Countries," OECD Education Working Papers 39, OECD Publishing.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2010. "Teacher Pay, Class Size and Local Governments: Evidence from the Latvian Reform," IZA Discussion Papers 5291, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dumas Christelle & Lefranc Arnaud, 2010. "Early schooling and later outcomes : Evidence from pre-school extension in France," THEMA Working Papers 2010-07, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- K. Renuka Ganedogage & Alicia Rambaldi, "undated". "Is the State University System in Sri Lanka a "White Elephant"?," MRG Discussion Paper Series 3810, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Christian Helmers & Mark Rogers, 2010. "The Impact of University Research on Corporate Patenting," SERC Discussion Papers 0054, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Tatom, John, 2010. "Financial wellbeing and some problems in assessing its link to financial education," MPRA Paper 26411, University Library of Munich, Germany.