Where Does Profit Sharing Work Best? A Meta-Analysis on the Role of Unions, Culture, and Values
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yao, Shujie, 1997. "Profit Sharing, Bonus Payment, and Productivity: A Case Study of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 281-296, June.
- Felix R. FitzRoy & Kornelius Kraft, 1987. "Cooperation, Productivity, and Profit Sharing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(1), pages 23-35.
- Jones, Derek C & Kato, Takao, 1995. "The Productivity Effects of Employee Stock-Ownership Plans and Bonuses: Evidence from Japanese Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 391-414, June.
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 2001.
"How To Compete: The Impact Of Workplace Practices And Information Technology On Productivity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 434-445, August.
- S Black & L Lynch, 1997. "How to Compete: The Impact of Workplace Practices and Information Technology on Productivity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0376, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lisa M Lynch & Sandra E Black, 2002. "How to Compete: The Impact of Workplace Practices and Information Technology on Productivity," Working Papers 02-04, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 1997. "How to Compete: The Impact of Workplace Practices and Information Technology on Productivity," NBER Working Papers 6120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, S. & Lynch, L., 1997. "How to compete: the impact of workplace practices and information technology on productivity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20298, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anne Gielen & Marcel Kerkhofs & Jan Ours, 2010.
"How performance related pay affects productivity and employment,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(1), pages 291-301, January.
- Gielen, A. C. & Kerkhofs, M.J.M. & van Ours, J.C., 2010. "How performance related pay affects productivity and employment," Other publications TiSEM 214b2f4b-76bc-4e3a-b936-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Debashish Bhattacherjee, 2005.
"The Effects of Group Incentives in an Indian Firm: Evidence from Payroll Data,"
CEIS, vol. 19(1), pages 147-173, March.
- Bhattacherjee, Debashish, 2003. "The Effects of Group Incentives in an Indian Firm - Evidence from Payroll Data," Working Papers 03-14, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Michael Schuster, 1983. "The Impact of Union-Management Cooperation on Productivity and Employment," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 36(3), pages 415-430, April.
- Andrew M. Robinson & Nicholas Wilson, 2006. "Employee Financial Participation and Productivity: An Empirical Reappraisal," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 44(1), pages 31-50, March.
- Kauhanen, Antti & Piekkola, Hannu, 2002. "Profit Sharing in Finland: Earnings and Productivity Effects," Discussion Papers 817, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Conte, Michael A. & Svejnar, Jan, 1988. "Productivity effects of worker participation in management, profit-sharing, worker ownership of assets and unionization in U.S. firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 139-151, March.
- Daniel G. Hansen, 1997. "Worker Performance and Group Incentives: A Case Study," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 51(1), pages 37-49, October.
- Addison, John T & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2001. "Work Councils in Germany: Their Effects on Establishment Performance," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 659-694, October.
- Ohkusa, Yasushi & Ohtake, Fumio, 1997.
"The Productivity Effects of Information Sharing, Profit Sharing, and ESOPs,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 385-402, September.
- Ohkusa, Y & Ohtake, F, 1997. "The Productivity Effects of Information Sharing, Profit-Sharing and ESOPs," ISER Discussion Paper 0435, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Estrin, Saul & Jones, Derek C. & Svejnar, Jan, 1987. "The productivity effects of worker participation: Producer cooperatives in western economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 40-61, March.
- Jones, Derek C & Svejnar, Jan, 1985.
"Participation, Profit Sharing, Worker Ownership and Efficiency in Italian Producer Cooperative,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(208), pages 449-465, November.
- Jones, D.C. & Svejnar, J., 1984. "Participation, profit sharing, worker ownership and efficieny in Italian producer cooperatives," CORE Discussion Papers 1984019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- JONES, Derek C. & SVEJNAR, Jan, 1985. "Participation, profit sharing, worker ownership and efficiency in Italian producer cooperatives," CORE Discussion Papers RP 681, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kruse, Douglas L, 1992. "Profit Sharing and Productivity: Microeconomic Evidence from the United States," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 24-36, January.
- Jones, Derek & Klinedinst, Mark & Rock, Charles, 1998. "Productive Efficiency during Transition: Evidence from Bulgarian Panel Data," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 446-464, September.
- Cable, John & Wilson, Nicholas, 1989. "Profit-Sharing and Productivity: An Analysis of UK Engineering Firms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 366-375, June.
- Derek C. Jones, 1987. "The Productivity Effects of Worker Directors and Financial Participation by Employees in the Firm: The Case of British Retail Cooperatives," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(1), pages 79-92, October.
- Uwe Jirjahn, 2016. "Performance Pay and Productivity: A Note on the Moderating Role of a High‐wage Policy," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 37(7), pages 507-511, October.
- Peter Cappelli & David Neumark, 2001. "Do â€œHigh-Performanceâ€ Work Practices Improve Establishment-Level Outcomes?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(4), pages 737-775, July.
- Olaf H¸bler & Uwe Jirjahn, 2003.
"Works Councils and Collective Bargaining in Germany: The Impact on Productivity and Wages,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 50(4), pages 471-491, September.
- Hübler, Olaf & Jirjahn, Uwe, 2001. "Works Councils and Collective Bargaining in Germany: The Impact on Productivity and Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 322, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cahuc, Pierre & Dormont, Brigitte, 1997.
"Profit-sharing: Does it increase productivity and employment? A theoretical model and empirical evidence on French micro data,"
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 293-319, September.
- Cahuc, P. & Dormont, B., 1992. "Profit-Sharing: Does It Increase Productivity and Employment? A Theoretical Model and Empirical Evidence of French Micro Data," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 92.45, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Lucifora, Claudio & Origo, Federica, 2012. "Performance Related Pay and Firm Productivity: New Evidence from a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 6483, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Patrick Artus & François Legendre & Pierre Morin, 1991. "Le partage implicite des profits et ses effets sur la productivité du travail," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 22, pages 33-57.
- Cable, John R & FitzRoy, Felix R, 1980. "Productive Efficiency, Incentives and Employee Participation: Some Preliminary Results for West Germany," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 100-121.
- Kraft, Kornelius, 1991. "The Incentive Effects of Dismissals, Efficiency Wages, Piece-Rates and Profit-Sharing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 451-459, August.
- Patibandla, Murali & Chandra, Pankaj, 1998. "Organizational practices and employee performance: the case of the Canadian primary textile industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 431-442, December.
- John Addison & Stanley Siebert & Joachim Wagner & Xiangdong Wei, 2000. "Worker Participation and Firm Performance: Evidence from Germany and Britain," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 38(1), pages 7-48, March.
- Defourney, Jacques & Estrin, Saul & Jones, Derek C., 1985. "The effects of workers' participation on enterprise performance : Empirical evidence from French cooperatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 197-217, June.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Dunbar, Amy E., 1993. "The elusive ESOP--productivity link : evidence from U.S. firm-level data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 273-283, September.
- FitzRoy, Felix R & Kraft, Kornelius, 1992. "Forms of Profit Sharing and Firm Performance: Theoretical Foundations and Empirical Problems," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 209-225.
- Long, Richard J. & Fang, Tony, 2013. "Profit Sharing and Workplace Productivity: Does Teamwork Play a Role?," IZA Discussion Papers 7869, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William N. Cooke, 1994. "Employee Participation Programs, Group-Based Incentives, and Company Performance: A Union-Nonunion Comparison," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(4), pages 594-609, July.
More about this item
Keywordsprofit sharing; productivity; meta-regression analysis; unions; tax evasion; individualism;
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
- M52 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Compensation and Compensation Methods and Their Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-08-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2018-08-27 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HRM-2018-08-27 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LMA-2018-08-27 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.