How performance related pay affects productivity and employment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gielen, A. C. & Kerkhofs, M.J.M. & van Ours, J.C., 2010. "How performance related pay affects productivity and employment," Other publications TiSEM 214b2f4b-76bc-4e3a-b936-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paarsch, Harry J & Shearer, Bruce, 2000.
"Piece Rates, Fixed Wages, and Incentive Effects: Statistical Evidence from Payroll Records,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(1), pages 59-92, February.
- Harry J. Paarsch & Bruce S. Shearer, 1996. "Piece Rates, Fixed Wages, and Incentive Effects: Statistical Evidence from Payroll Records," CIRANO Working Papers 96s-31, CIRANO.
- Paarsch, H-J & Shearer, B, 1996. "Piece Rates, Fixed Wages, and Incentive Effects : Statistical Evidence From Payroll Records," Papers 9623, Laval - Recherche en Energie.
- Paarsch, Harry J. & Shearer, Bruce, 1996. "Piece Rates, Fixed Wages, and Incentive Effects: Statistical Evidence from Payroll Records," Cahiers de recherche 9623, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Ewing, Bradley T., 1996. "Wages and performance-based pay: Evidence from the NLSY," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 241-246, May.
- Canice Prendergast, 1999. "The Provision of Incentives in Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 7-63, March.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1986. "Salaries and Piece Rates," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 405-431, July.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2000. "Performance Pay and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1346-1361, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Keith Bender & Colin Green & John Heywood, 2012.
"Piece rates and workplace injury: Does survey evidence support Adam Smith?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 569-590, January.
- K A Bender & C Green & J S Heywood, 2010. "Piece Rates and Workplace Injury: Does Survey Evidence Support Adam Smith?," Working Papers 609288, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Kato, Takao & Kauhanen, Antti, 2013. "Performance Pay and Enterprise Productivity: The Details Matter," ETLA Working Papers 21, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- repec:zbw:hohpro:348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keith A. Bender & Alex Bryson, 2013.
"Performance Pay: Trends and Consequences Introduction,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 226(1), pages 1-3, November.
- Bender, Keith A. & Bryson, Alex, 2013. "Performance pay: trends and consequences introduction," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 56968, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michele Battisti & Giovanna Vallanti, 2011. "Flexible Wage Contracts, Temporary Jobs and Worker Performance: Evidence from Italian Firms," Working Papers CELEG 1105, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Devicienti, Francesco & Manello, Alessandro & Vannoni, Davide, 2017.
"Technical efficiency, unions and decentralized labor contracts,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 260(3), pages 1129-1141.
- Devicienti, Francesco & Manello, Alessandro & Vannoni, Davide, 2016. "Technical Efficiency, Unions and Decentralized Labor Contracts," IZA Discussion Papers 10292, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mirella Damiani & Fabrizio Pompei & Andrea Ricci, 2016.
"Performance related pay, productivity and wages in Italy: a quantile regression approach,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 344-371, May.
- Damiani, Mirella & Pompei, Fabrizio & Ricci, Andrea, 2014. "Performance related pay, productivity and wages in Italy: a quantile regression approach," MPRA Paper 53341, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:zbw:hkjalm:175336 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:old:wpaper:348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Phong Nguyen & Chuong Dang & Lam Nguyen, 2015. "Would Better Earning, Work Environment, and Promotion Opportunities Increase Employee Performance? An Investigation in State and Other Sectors in Vietnam," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 565-579, December.
- Simen Markussen, 2012. "The individual cost of sick leave," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(4), pages 1287-1306, October.
- Konstantinos Pouliakas & Nikolaos Theodoropoulos, 2012.
"The Effect of Variable Pay Schemes on Workplace Absenteeism,"
Research in Labor Economics,in: Research in Labor Economics, volume 36, pages 109-157
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Theodoropoulos, Nikolaos, 2011. "The Effect of Variable Pay Schemes on Workplace Absenteeism," IZA Discussion Papers 5941, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rinawi, Miriam & Backes-Gellner, Uschi, 2013.
"Should I stay or should I go? - The Effect of Performance Pay on the Retention of Apprenticeship Graduates,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
80024, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Miriam Rinawi & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2014. "The Effect of Performance Pay on the Retention of Apprenticeship Graduates: A Panel Data Analysis," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0104, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW), revised Jul 2016.
- Mirella Damiani & Fabrizio Pompei & Andrea Ricci, 2013.
"Wages and Labour Productivity: the role of performance-related pay in Italian firms,"
Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
124/2013, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Damiani, Mirella & Pompei, Fabrizio & Ricci, Andrea, 2013. "Wages and Labour Productivity: the role of Performance-Related Pay in Italian firms," MPRA Paper 52126, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Domenico Buccella, 2016. "Profit sharing as entry deterrence mechanism," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 15(1), pages 17-31, April.
- Carsten Helm & Dominique Demougin, 2012. "Incentive Contracts and Efficient Unemployment Benefits in a Globalized World," Working Papers V-348-12, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2012.
- Claudio Lucifora, 2015. "Performance-related pay and labor productivity," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 152-152, May.
- Maurice J.G. Bun & Leo Huberts, 2016. "The impact of performance pay on sales and fundraising," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 16-01, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
- Papps, Kerry L., 2010. "Productivity under Large Pay Increases: Evidence from Professional Baseball," IZA Discussion Papers 5133, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michele Battisti & Giovanna Vallanti, 2013. "Flexible Wage Contracts, Temporary Jobs, and Firm Performance: Evidence From Italian Firms," Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 737-764, July.
More about this item
KeywordsPerformance related pay; Labor productivity; C41; H55; J64; J65;
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:23:y:2010:i:1:p:291-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.