Produktivitätswirkung von Mitarbeiterbeteiligungen (Productivity effect of employee participation in asset formation)
"Various intentions are pursued with the introduction of models of profit-sharing and capital participation for employees. In this paper the effect of employee participation in asset formation as an incentive to increase performance is examined as a way of raising the productivity within an individual firm. Linking employees' pay with the success of the firm can lead to an improvement in the overall success of the firm via an increase in the employees' performance, and thus to higher individual remuneration. Using the data from the 1998 IAB establishment panel this paper first ascertains that firms not using employee participation in asset formation have poorer average productivity values. The median for western German firms not using employee participation is 64% of the value for the firms that do use it (eastern German firms: 72%). In addition to this there are also clear productivity deficits. The results of the econometric estimation model confirm the mainly positive effect of employee participation in asset formation which was determined both in the literature analysis carried out by the OECD (1995) and in our own." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Volume (Year): 33 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cable, John & Wilson, Nicholas, 1989. "Profit-Sharing and Productivity: An Analysis of UK Engineering Firms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 366-75, June.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997.
"Kapitalbeteiligung und Lohndifferenzierung: Ein Vorschlag zur Lösung der Beschäftigungskrise,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19853, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997. "Kapitalbeteiligung und Lohndifferenzierung : ein Vorschlag zur Lösung der Beschäftigungskrise," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 30(4), pages 822-827.
- FitzRoy, Felix R & Kraft, Korenelius, 1987. "Cooperation, Productivity, and Profit Sharing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(1), pages 23-35, February.
- Douglas L. Kruse, 1993. "Profit Sharing: Does It Make a Difference?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number ps, June.
- Wadhwani, S. & Wall, M., 1988.
"The Effects Of Profit-Sharing On Employment, Wages, Stock Returns And Productivity: Evidence From Uk Micro-Data,"
311, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Wadhwani, Sushil & Wall, Martin, 1990. "The Effects of Profit-Sharing on Employment, Wages, Stock Returns and Productivity: Evidence from UK Micro-data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 1-17, March.
- Cable, John & Wilson, Nicholas, 1990. "Profit-Sharing and Productivity: Some Further Evidence," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 550-55, June.
- Jones, Derek C & Kato, Takao, 1995. "The Productivity Effects of Employee Stock-Ownership Plans and Bonuses: Evidence from Japanese Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 391-414, June.
- FitzRoy, Felix R & Kraft, Kornelius, 1992. "Forms of Profit Sharing and Firm Performance: Theoretical Foundations and Empirical Problems," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 209-25.
- Kruse, Douglas L, 1992. "Profit Sharing and Productivity: Microeconomic Evidence from the United States," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 24-36, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabmit:v:2000:i:4:p:565-582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.