Growth in first- and second-generation immigrant firms in Sweden
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Du Rietz, Anita & Henrekson, Magnus, 2000. "Testing the Female Underperformance Hypothesis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-10, February.
- Schierup, Carl-Ulrik & Hansen, Peo & Castles, Stephen, 2006. "Migration, Citizenship, and the European Welfare State: A European Dilemma," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199284023.
- Micheline Goedhuys & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2010.
"High-growth entrepreneurial firms in Africa: a quantile regression approach,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 31-51, January.
- Goedhuys, Micheline & Sleuwaegen, Leo, 2009. "High-Growth Entrepreneurial Firms in Africa: A Quantile Regression Approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 011, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Per-Anders Edin & Peter Fredriksson & Olof Åslund, 2003.
"Ethnic Enclaves and the Economic Success of Immigrants—Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(1), pages 329-357.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter & Åslund, Olof, 2000. "Ethnic Enclaves and the Economic Success of Immigrants - Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Working Paper Series 2000:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter & Åslund, Olof, 2000. "Ethnic enclaves and the economic success of immigrants - evidence from a natural experiment," Working Paper Series 2000:9, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Åslund, Olof & Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter, 2001. "Ethnic Enclaves and the Economic Success of Immigrants - Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2729, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barth, Erling & Bratsberg, Bernt & Raaum, Oddbjørn, 2003. "Local Unemployment and the Earnings Assimilation of Immigrants in Norway," Memorandum 19/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Lina Andersson & Mats Hammarstedt, 2010. "Intergenerational transmissions in immigrant self-employment: Evidence from three generations," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 261-276, April.
- Natalia Vershinina & Rowena Barrett & Michael Meyer, 2011. "Forms of capital, intra-ethnic variation and Polish entrepreneurs in Leicester," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 25(1), pages 101-117, March.
- Alberto Bisin & Eleonora Patacchini & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenou, 2011.
"Ethnic identity and labour market outcomes of immigrants in Europe,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 26(01), pages 57-92, January.
- Alberto Bisin & Eleonora Patacchini & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenou, 2011. "Ethnic identity and labour market outcomes of immigrants in Europe," Post-Print halshs-00754564, HAL.
- Bisin, Alberto & Patacchini, Eleonora & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2011. "Ethnic Identity and Labor-Market Outcomes of Immigrants in Europe," Research Papers in Economics 2011:2, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Bisin, Alberto & Patacchini, Eleonora & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2011. "Ethnic Identity and Labor-Market Outcomes of Immigrants in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 8212, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Bisin & Eleonora Patacchini & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenou, 2011. "Ethnic Identity and Labor-Market Outcomes of Immigrants in Europe," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1103, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Monder Ram & Trevor Jones, 2008. "Ethnic-minority businesses in the UK: a review of research and policy developments," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 26(2), pages 352-374, April.
- Bates, Timothy, 2011. "Minority Entrepreneurship," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 7(3–4), pages 151-311, October.
- Lars Behrenz & Mats Hammarstedt & Jonas Månsson, 2007. "Second-Generation Immigrants in the Swedish Labour Market," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 157-174.
- Ken Cavalluzzo & John Wolken, 2005.
"Small Business Loan Turndowns, Personal Wealth, and Discrimination,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2153-2178, November.
- Ken Cavalluzzo & John D. Wolken, 2002. "Small business loan turndowns, personal wealth and discrimination," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2005. "Founders' human capital and the growth of new technology-based firms: A competence-based view," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 795-816, August.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Niklas Elert, 2013. "When is Gibrat’s law a law?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 133-147, June.
- Carlsson, Magnus & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2007.
"Evidence of ethnic discrimination in the Swedish labor market using experimental data,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 716-729, August.
- Carlsson, Magnus & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2006. "Evidence of Ethnic Discrimination in the Swedish Labor Market Using Experimental Data," IZA Discussion Papers 2281, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David G. Blanchflower & Phillip B. Levine & David J. Zimmerman, 2003.
"Discrimination in the Small-Business Credit Market,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 930-943, November.
- David G. Blanchflower & Phillip B. Levine & David J. Zimmerman, 1998. "Discrimination in the Small Business Credit Market," NBER Working Papers 6840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2014.
"Regional influences on the prevalence of family versus non-family start-ups,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 421-436.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2013. "Regional Influences on the Prevalence of Family Versus Non-Family Start-Ups," Ratio Working Papers 212, The Ratio Institute.
- Pål Longva & Oddbjørn Raaum, 2003.
"Earnings assimilation of immigrants in Norway – A reappraisal,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(1), pages 177-193, February.
- Longva,P. & Raaum,O., 2000. "Earnings assimilation of immigrants in Norway : a reappraisal," Memorandum 05/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Trevor Jones & Monder Ram & Nick Theodorakopoulos, 2010. "Transnationalism as a Force for Ethnic Minority Enterprise? The Case of Somalis in Leicester," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 565-585, September.
- Leandro Sepulveda & Stephen Syrett & Fergus Lyon, 2011. "Population superdiversity and new migrant enterprise: The case of London," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(7-8), pages 469-497, September.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Dan-Olof Rooth & Jan Ekberg, 2003. "Unemployment and earnings for second generation immigrants in Sweden. Ethnic background and parent composition," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 787-814, November.
- Cavalluzzo, Ken S & Cavalluzzo, Linda C, 1998. "Market Structure and Discrimination: The Case of Small Businesses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(4), pages 771-792, November.
- Olav Sorenson, 2003. "Interdependence and Adaptability: Organizational Learning and the Long--Term Effect of Integration," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 446-463, April.
- Timothy B. Folta & Frédéric Delmar & Karl Wennberg, 2010. "Hybrid Entrepreneurship," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(2), pages 253-269, February.
- Tom Schuller, 2007. "Reflections on the use of social capital," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 65(1), pages 11-28.
- Pascal Beckers & Boris F. Blumberg, 2013. "Immigrant entrepreneurship on the move: a longitudinal analysis of first- and second-generation immigrant entrepreneurship in the Netherlands," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(7-8), pages 654-691, September.
- Hätönen, Jussi & Eriksson, Taina, 2009. "30+Â years of research and practice of outsourcing - Exploring the past and anticipating the future," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 142-155, June.
- Bates, Timothy, 1990. "Entrepreneur Human Capital Inputs and Small Business Longevity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 551-559, November.
- Robert Fairlie, 2005. "Entrepreneurship and Earnings among Young Adults from Disadvantaged Families," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 223-236, October.
- Robert C. Kloosterman, 2010. "Matching opportunities with resources: A framework for analysing (migrant) entrepreneurship from a mixed embeddedness perspective," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 25-45, January.
- Scott Shane, 2009. "Why encouraging more people to become entrepreneurs is bad public policy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 141-149, August.
- Fischer, M.M. & Nijkamp, P., 2009. "Entrepreneurship and Regional Development," Serie Research Memoranda 0035, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Martin Ruef, 2002. "Strong ties, weak ties and islands: structural and cultural predictors of organizational innovation," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 427-449, June.
- Delmar, Frederic & Davidsson, Per & Gartner, William B., 2003. "Arriving at the high-growth firm," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 189-216, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2016.
"Why family matters: The impact of family resources on immigrant entrepreneurs' exit from entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 687-704.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2016. "Why Family Matters: The Impact of Family Resources on Immigrant Entrepreneurs’ Exit from Entrepreneurship," Ratio Working Papers 274, The Ratio Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigrant entrepreneurship; intergenerational differences; firm growth; Sweden;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2016-01-03 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2016-01-03 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-MIG-2016-01-03 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SBM-2016-01-03 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ratioi:0265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martin Korpi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ratiose.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.