A refinement of prudent choices
We charaterize the choice correspondences that can be rationalized by a procedure that is a refinement of the prudent choices exposed in [Houy, 2008]. Our characterization is made by means of the usual expansion axiom and by a weakening of the usual contraction axiom α.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2008|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00360523|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Houy, Nicolas & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2007. "Lexicographic Compositions of Two Criteria for Decision Making," Discussion Papers 2007-08, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2007. "Sequentially Rationalizable Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1824-1839, December.
- Houy Nicolas, 2007. "Rationality and Order-Dependent Sequential Rationality," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 62(2), pages 119-134, March.
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2005. "Shortlisting," Public Economics 0503006, EconWPA, revised 14 Jul 2005.
- Koichi Tadenuma, 2005.
"Egalitarian-equivalence and the Pareto principle for social preferences,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 24(3), pages 455-473, 06.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 2002. "Egalitarian-Equivalence and the Pareto Principle for Social Preferences," Discussion Paper 128, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 2002. "Egalitarian-Equivalence and the Pareto Principle for Social Preferences," Discussion Papers 2002-08, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Internal Consistency of Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 495-521, May.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 2002. "Efficiency First or Equity First? Two Principles and Rationality of Social Choice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 462-472, June.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 1998. "Efficiency First or Equity First?: Two Principles and Rationality of Social Choice," Discussion Papers 1998-01, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1977. "Social Choice Theory: A Re-examination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 53-89, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00360523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.