Progressive knowledge revealed preferences and sequential rationalizability
In this paper, we study the link between choices derived from monotonous set-dependent preferences and sequential rationalizability. This link is quite natural since choices derived from monotonous set-dependent preferences (introduced in [Houy, 2008b]) are characterized by a strong axiom of revealed preferences whereas sequentially rationalizable choice functions (introduced in [Manzini and Mariotti, 2007]) are characterized by a weak axiom of revealed preferences.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2008|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00360546|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tyson, Christopher J., 2008.
"Cognitive constraints, contraction consistency, and the satisficing criterion,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 51-70, January.
- Tyson, Chris, 2001. "The Foundations of Imperfect Decision Making," Research Papers 1714, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Christopher J.Tyson, 2005. "Axiomatic Foundations for Satisficing Behavior," Economics Papers 2005-W03, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Christopher J. Tyson, 2007. "Cognitive Constraints, Contraction Consistency, and the Satisficing Criterion," Working Papers 614, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Houy, Nicolas & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2007. "Lexicographic Compositions of Two Criteria for Decision Making," Discussion Papers 2007-08, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ballester, 2009.
"Choice by Sequential Procedures,"
NajEcon Working Paper Reviews
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Angel Ballester, 2012. "Choice By Sequential Procedures," Working Papers 615, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel A. Ballester, 2012. "Choice by sequential procedures," Economics Working Papers 1309, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2007. "Sequentially Rationalizable Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1824-1839, December.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 2002.
"Efficiency First or Equity First? Two Principles and Rationality of Social Choice,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 462-472, June.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 1998. "Efficiency First or Equity First?: Two Principles and Rationality of Social Choice," Discussion Papers 1998-01, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Loomes, Graham & Starmer, Chris & Sugden, Robert, 1991. "Observing Violations of Transitivity by Experimental Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 425-39, March.
- Houy Nicolas, 2007. "Rationality and Order-Dependent Sequential Rationality," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 62(2), pages 119-134, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00360546. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.