Inferring Rationales from Choice : Identification for Rational Shortlist Methods
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rohan Dutta & Sean Horan, 2015. "Inferring Rationales from Choice: Identification for Rational Shortlist Methods," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 179-201, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geoffroy de Clippel & Kareen Rozen, 2012. "Bounded Rationality and Limited Datasets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1853, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised May 2014.
- Spiegler, Ran, 2014. "Bounded Rationality and Industrial Organization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199334261.
- Eddie Dekel & Barton L. Lipman, 2010. "How (Not) to Do Decision Theory," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 257-282, September.
- Ariel Rubinstein & Yuval Salant, 2012.
"Eliciting Welfare Preferences from Behavioural Data Sets,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 79(1), pages 375-387.
- Ariel Rubinstein & Yuval Salant, 2009. "Eliciting Welfare Preferences from Behavioral Datasets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 814577000000000374, David K. Levine.
- Apesteguia, Jose & Ballester, Miguel A., 2013.
"Choice by sequential procedures,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 90-99.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ballester, 2009. "Choice by Sequential Procedures," NajEcon Working Paper Reviews 814577000000000404, www.najecon.org.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ángel Ballester, 2012. "Choice By Sequential Procedures," Working Papers 615, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel A. Ballester, 2012. "Choice by sequential procedures," Economics Working Papers 1309, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Christopher Tyson, 2013.
"Behavioral implications of shortlisting procedures,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, pages 941-963.
- Christopher J. Tyson, 2012. "Behavioral Implications of Shortlisting Procedures," Working Papers 697, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Au, Pak Hung & Kawai, Keiichi, 2011.
"Sequentially rationalizable choice with transitive rationales,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 608-614.
- Au, Pak Hung & Kawai, Keiichi, 2011. "Sequentially Rationalizable Choice with Transitive Rationales," MPRA Paper 29687, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Houy, Nicolas & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2009.
"Lexicographic compositions of multiple criteria for decision making,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(4), pages 1770-1782, July.
- Houy, Nicolas & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2007. "Lexicographic Compositions of Multiple Criteria for Decision Making," Discussion Papers 2007-13, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Simon P. Anderson & Régis Renault, 2009.
"Comparative advertising: disclosing horizontal match information,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 40(3), pages 558-581.
- Simon P. ANDERSON & Régis RENAULT, 2008. "Comparative Advertising: disclosing horizontal match information," THEMA Working Papers 2008-29, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Eric Danan, 2010.
"Randomization vs. Selection: How to Choose in the Absence of Preference?,"
INFORMS, pages 503-518.
- Eric Danan, 2010. "Randomization vs. selection: How to choose in the absence of preference?," Post-Print hal-00872249, HAL.
- Emons, Winand & Fluet, Claude, 2012.
"Non-comparative versus comparative advertising of quality,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, pages 352-360.
- Winand Emons & Claude Fluet, 2011. "Non-Comparative versus Comparative Advertising of Quality," Cahiers de recherche 1139, CIRPEE.
- Winand Emons & Claude Fluet, 2011. "Non-comparative versus Comparative Advertising of Quality," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-75, CIRANO.
- Amartya K. Sen, 1971. "Choice Functions and Revealed Preference," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 307-317.
- Spears Dean, 2011. "Intertemporal Bounded Rationality as Consideration Sets with Contraction Consistency," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, June.
- Uwe Dulleck & Franz Hackl & Bernhard Weiss & Rudolf Winter‐Ebmer, 2011. "Buying Online: An Analysis of Shopbot Visitors," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(4), pages 395-408, November.
- Manzini, Paola & Mariotti, Marco & Tyson, Christopher J., 2011. "Manipulation of Choice Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 5891, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12478 is not listed on IDEAS
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2009. "Beyond Revealed Preference: Choice-Theoretic Foundations for Behavioral Welfare Economics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 51-104.
- Huber, Joel & Payne, John W & Puto, Christopher, 1982. " Adding Asymmetrically Dominated Alternatives: Violations of Regularity and the Similarity Hypothesis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 90-98, June.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2007. "Toward Choice-Theoretic Foundations for Behavioral Welfare Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 464-470, May.
- García-Sanz, María D. & Alcantud, José Carlos R., 2010. "Rational choice by two sequential criteria," MPRA Paper 21487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geoffroy de Clippel & Kareen Rozen, 2012. "Bounded Rationality and Limited Datasets: Testable Implications, Identifiability, and Out-of-Sample Prediction," Working Papers 2012-7, Brown University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horan, Sean, 2016.
"A simple model of two-stage choice,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 372-406.
- HORAN, Sean, 2016. "A simple model of two-stage choice," Cahiers de recherche 2016-01, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Sean HORAN, 2016. "A Simple Model of Two-Stage Choice," Cahiers de recherche 01-2016, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- García-Sanz, María D. & Alcantud, José Carlos R., 2015. "Sequential rationalization of multivalued choice," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 29-33.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:143:y:2017:i:c:p:165-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rod Falvey & Neil Foster-McGregor, 2013. "On the Trade and Price Effects of Preferential Trade Agreements," wiiw Working Papers 102, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Gent Bajraj & Levent Ülkü, 2015. "Choosing two finalists and the winner," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, pages 729-744.
- Horan, Sean & Sprumont, Yves, 2016. "Welfare criteria from choice: An axiomatic analysis," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 56-70.
- Matsuki, Jun & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2013. "Choice via Grouping Procedures," CCES Discussion Paper Series 52, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Cuhadaroglu, Tugce, 2017. "Choosing on influence," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 12(2), May.
More about this item
KeywordsRevealed Preference; Identification; Uniqueness; Two-stage Choice Procedures; Behavioral Industrial Organization; Comparative Advertising; Decoy Marketing; Welfare.;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2013-10-18 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-UPT-2013-10-18 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montec:09-2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdmtlca.html .