Inferring Rationales from Choice : Identification for Rational Shortlist Methods
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rohan Dutta & Sean Horan, 2015. "Inferring Rationales from Choice: Identification for Rational Shortlist Methods," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 179-201, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emons, Winand & Fluet, Claude, 2012.
"Non-comparative versus comparative advertising of quality,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 352-360.
- Winand Emons & Claude Fluet, 2011. "Non-comparative versus Comparative Advertising of Quality," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-75, CIRANO.
- Winand Emons & Claude Fluet, 2011. "Non-Comparative versus Comparative Advertising of Quality," Cahiers de recherche 1139, CIRPEE.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2009. "Beyond Revealed Preference: Choice-Theoretic Foundations for Behavioral Welfare Economics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 51-104.
- Au, Pak Hung & Kawai, Keiichi, 2011.
"Sequentially rationalizable choice with transitive rationales,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 608-614.
- Au, Pak Hung & Kawai, Keiichi, 2011. "Sequentially Rationalizable Choice with Transitive Rationales," MPRA Paper 29687, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geoffroy de Clippel & Kareen Rozen, 2012. "Bounded Rationality and Limited Datasets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1853, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised May 2014.
- Apesteguia, Jose & Ballester, Miguel A., 2013.
"Choice by sequential procedures,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 90-99.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ballester, 2009. "Choice by Sequential Procedures," NajEcon Working Paper Reviews 814577000000000404, www.najecon.org.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ángel Ballester, 2012. "Choice By Sequential Procedures," Working Papers 615, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel A. Ballester, 2012. "Choice by sequential procedures," Economics Working Papers 1309, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Spiegler, Ran, 2014. "Bounded Rationality and Industrial Organization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199334261.
- Eddie Dekel & Barton L. Lipman, 2010. "How (Not) to Do Decision Theory," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 257-282, September.
- Ariel Rubinstein & Yuval Salant, 2012.
"Eliciting Welfare Preferences from Behavioural Data Sets,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 79(1), pages 375-387.
- Ariel Rubinstein & Yuval Salant, 2009. "Eliciting Welfare Preferences from Behavioral Datasets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 814577000000000374, David K. Levine.
- Huber, Joel & Payne, John W & Puto, Christopher, 1982. " Adding Asymmetrically Dominated Alternatives: Violations of Regularity and the Similarity Hypothesis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 90-98, June.
- Houy, Nicolas & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2009.
"Lexicographic compositions of multiple criteria for decision making,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(4), pages 1770-1782, July.
- Houy, Nicolas & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2007. "Lexicographic Compositions of Multiple Criteria for Decision Making," Discussion Papers 2007-13, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Christopher Tyson, 2013.
"Behavioral implications of shortlisting procedures,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 41(4), pages 941-963, October.
- Christopher J. Tyson, 2012. "Behavioral Implications of Shortlisting Procedures," Working Papers 697, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Simon P. Anderson & Régis Renault, 2009.
"Comparative advertising: disclosing horizontal match information,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 40(3), pages 558-581.
- Simon P. ANDERSON & Régis RENAULT, 2008. "Comparative Advertising: disclosing horizontal match information," THEMA Working Papers 2008-29, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Uwe Dulleck & Franz Hackl & Bernhard Weiss & Rudolf Winter‐Ebmer, 2011. "Buying Online: An Analysis of Shopbot Visitors," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(4), pages 395-408, November.
- Eric Danan, 2010.
"Randomization vs. Selection: How to Choose in the Absence of Preference?,"
INFORMS, vol. 56(3), pages 503-518, March.
- Eric Danan, 2010. "Randomization vs. selection: How to choose in the absence of preference?," Post-Print hal-00872249, HAL.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2007. "Toward Choice-Theoretic Foundations for Behavioral Welfare Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 464-470, May.
- García-Sanz, María D. & Alcantud, José Carlos R., 2010. "Rational choice by two sequential criteria," MPRA Paper 21487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amartya K. Sen, 1971. "Choice Functions and Revealed Preference," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 307-317.
- Manzini, Paola & Mariotti, Marco & Tyson, Christopher J., 2011. "Manipulation of Choice Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 5891, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Spears Dean, 2011. "Intertemporal Bounded Rationality as Consideration Sets with Contraction Consistency," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, June.
- Geoffroy de Clippel & Kareen Rozen, 2012. "Bounded Rationality and Limited Datasets: Testable Implications, Identifiability, and Out-of-Sample Prediction," Working Papers 2012-7, Brown University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horan, Sean, 2016.
"A simple model of two-stage choice,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 372-406.
- HORAN, Sean, 2016. "A simple model of two-stage choice," Cahiers de recherche 2016-01, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Sean HORAN, 2016. "A Simple Model of Two-Stage Choice," Cahiers de recherche 01-2016, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- García-Sanz, María D. & Alcantud, José Carlos R., 2015. "Sequential rationalization of multivalued choice," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 29-33.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:143:y:2017:i:c:p:165-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matsuki, Jun & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2013. "Choice via Grouping Procedures," Discussion Papers 2013-08, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Gent Bajraj & Levent Ülkü, 2015. "Choosing two finalists and the winner," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 45(4), pages 729-744, December.
- Horan, Sean & Sprumont, Yves, 2016. "Welfare criteria from choice: An axiomatic analysis," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 56-70.
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:170:y:2017:i:c:p:70-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cuhadaroglu, Tugce, 2017. "Choosing on influence," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 12(2), May.
More about this item
KeywordsRevealed Preference; Identification; Uniqueness; Two-stage Choice Procedures; Behavioral Industrial Organization; Comparative Advertising; Decoy Marketing; Welfare.;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2013-10-18 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-UPT-2013-10-18 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montec:09-2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdmtlca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.