Prudent choices and rationality
In this paper, we study the relationships between binary lexicographic composition of rationales (see [Tadenuma, 2002]), prudent choices (see [Houy, 2008a]) and refined prudent choices (see [Houy, 2008b]) in the case of multi-criteria decision making. We show that these relationships are linked to the non-emptiness and rationality properties of these choice functions.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00360518|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Houy, Nicolas & Tadenuma, Koichi, 2007. "Lexicographic Compositions of Two Criteria for Decision Making," Discussion Papers 2007-08, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2005. "Shortlisting," Public Economics 0503006, EconWPA, revised 23 Mar 2006.
- Koichi Tadenuma, 2005.
"Egalitarian-equivalence and the Pareto principle for social preferences,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 24(3), pages 455-473, 06.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 2002. "Egalitarian-Equivalence and the Pareto Principle for Social Preferences," Discussion Paper 128, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 2002. "Egalitarian-Equivalence and the Pareto Principle for Social Preferences," Discussion Papers 2002-08, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Blair, Douglas H. & Bordes, Georges & Kelly, Jerry S. & Suzumura, Kotaro, 1976. "Impossibility theorems without collective rationality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 361-379, December.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1977. "Social Choice Theory: A Re-examination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 53-89, January.
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2007. "Sequentially Rationalizable Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1824-1839, December.
- Houy Nicolas, 2007. "Rationality and Order-Dependent Sequential Rationality," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 62(2), pages 119-134, March.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Internal Consistency of Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 495-521, May.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 2002. "Efficiency First or Equity First? Two Principles and Rationality of Social Choice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 462-472, June.
- Tadenuma, Koichi, 1998. "Efficiency First or Equity First?: Two Principles and Rationality of Social Choice," Discussion Papers 1998-01, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00360518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.