Effects of inclusive public agricultural extension service: Results from a policy reform experiment in Western China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hu, Ruifa & Cai, Yaqing & Chen, Kevin Z. & Huang, Jikun, 2012. "Effects of inclusive public agricultural extension service: Results from a policy reform experiment in western China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 962-974.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shenggen Fan, 2000. "Research Investment and the Economic Returns To Chinese Agricultural Research," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 163-182, September.
- Umali-Deininger, Dina, 1997. "Public and Private Agricultural Extension: Partners or Rivals?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 203-224, August.
- HU, Ruifa & YANG, Zhijian & KELLY, Peter & HUANG, Jikun, 2009. "Agricultural extension system reform and agent time allocation in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 303-315, June.
- Jikun Huang & Fangbin Qiao & Linxiu Zhang & Scott Rozelle, 2000. "Farm Pesticide, Rice Production, and Human Health," EEPSEA Research Report rr2000051, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised May 2000.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2003. "Rural extension services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2976, The World Bank.
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 1996. "Technological change: Rediscovering the engine of productivity growth in China's rural economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 337-369, May.
- Robert K. Lindner, 1993. "Privatising The Production Of Knowledge: Promise And Pitfalls For Agricultural Research And Extension," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(3), pages 205-225, December.
- Lindner, Robert K., 1993. "Privatising The Production Of Knowledge: Promise And Pitfalls For Agricultural Research And Extension," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 37(03), December.
- Hu, Ruifa & Cao, Jianmin & Huang, Jikun & Peng, Shaobing & Huang, Jianliang & Zhong, Xuhua & Zou, Yingbin & Yang, Jianchang & Buresh, Roland J., 2007. "Farmer participatory testing of standard and modified site-specific nitrogen management for irrigated rice in China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 331-340, May.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2008. "Matching demand and supply in the agricultural knowledge infrastructure: Experiences with innovation intermediaries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 260-276, June.
- Lindner, Robert K., 1993. "Privatising the Production of Knowledge: Promise and Pitfalls for Agricultural Research and Extension," 1993 Conference (37th), February 9-11, 1993, Sydney, Australia 147400, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoken, Hisatoshi & Su, Qun, 2015. "Measuring the effect of agricultural cooperatives on household income using PSM-DID : a case study of a rice-producing cooperative in China," IDE Discussion Papers 539, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Yamada, Nanae & Sui, Shuyan, 2013. "Response of local producers to agro-food port rejection : the case of Chinese vegetable exports," IDE Discussion Papers 390, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Hoken, Hisatoshi, 2016. "Participation in farmer's cooperatives and its effects on agricultural incomes : evidence from vegetable-producing areas in China," IDE Discussion Papers 578, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Faure, Guy & Davis, Kristin E. & Ragasa, Catherine & Franzel, Steven & Babu, Suresh Chandra, 2016. "Framework to assess performance and impact of pluralistic agricultural extension systems: The best-fit framework revisited:," IFPRI discussion papers 1567, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordsagricultural extension; farmers' technology needs; accountability system;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.