Determinants and Overuse of Pesticides in Grain Production: A Comparison of Rice, Maize and Wheat in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Ragan Petrie & Michael Roth, 2005.
"Farm Household Production Efficiency: Evidence from The Gambia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 160-179.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Petrie, Ragan & Roth, Michael, 2003. "Farm Household Production Efficiency: Evidence from The Gambia," Efficiency Series Papers 2003/05, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Zhang, Linxiu & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun, 2001. "Off-Farm Jobs and On-Farm Work in Periods of Boom and Bust in Rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 505-526, September.
- Erik Lichtenberg & David Zilberman, 1986.
"The Econometrics of Damage Control: Why Specification Matters,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(2), pages 261-273.
- Lichtenberg, Erik & Zilberman, David, 1985. "The Econometrics of Damage Control: Why Specification Matters," CUDARE Working Papers 198273, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- HU, Ruifa & YANG, Zhijian & KELLY, Peter & HUANG, Jikun, 2009. "Agricultural extension system reform and agent time allocation in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 303-315, June.
- Liu, Elaine M. & Huang, JiKun, 2013.
"Risk preferences and pesticide use by cotton farmers in China,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 202-215.
- Elaine Liu & JiKun Huang, 2013. "Risk Preferences and Pesticide Use by Cotton Farmers in China," Working Papers 201310920, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carpentier, A. & Reboud, X., 2018. "Why farmers consider pesticides the ultimate in crop protection: economic and behavioral insights," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277528, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chen, Ruijian & Huang, Jikun & Qiao, Fangbin, 2013. "Farmers' knowledge on pest management and pesticide use in Bt cotton production in china," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 15-24.
- Niklas Möhring & Martina Bozzola & Stefan Hirsch & Robert Finger, 2020. "Are pesticides risk decreasing? The relevance of pesticide indicator choice in empirical analysis," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 51(3), pages 429-444, May.
- Xingliang Ma & Melinda Smale & David J. Spielman & Patricia Zambrano & Hina Nazli & Fatima Zaidi, 2017.
"A Question of Integrity: Variants of Bt Cotton, Pesticides and Productivity in Pakistan,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 366-385, June.
- Ma, Xingliang & Smale, Melinda & Spielman, David & Zambrano, Patricia & Nazli, Hina & Zaidi, Fatima, 2016. "A question of integrity: Variants of Bt cotton, pesticides, and productivity in Pakistan," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235527, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bontemps, Christophe & Bougherara, Douadia & Nauges, Céline, 2020. "Do Risk Preferences Really Matter? The Case of Pesticide Use in Agriculture," TSE Working Papers 20-1095, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Carpentier, Alain, 2017. "Risk Aversion And Pesticide Use: Further Insights From Prospect Theory," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 261265, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Caixia Xue & Tingting Zhang & Shunbo Yao & Yajun Guo, 2020. "Effects of Households’ Fertilization Knowledge and Technologies on Over-Fertilization: A Case Study of Grape Growers in Shaanxi, China," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-17, September.
- M.A. Akudugu, 2011. "Rural banks' financial capital and livelihoods development of women farmers in Ghana," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(4), pages 248-264, October.
- Wang, Xiaobing & Herzfeld, Thomas & Glauben, Thomas, 2007. "Labor allocation in transition: Evidence from Chinese rural households," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 287-308.
- Almeida, Alexandre N. & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E., 2019. "Agricultural productivity, shadow wages and off-farm labor decisions in Nicaragua," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 99-110.
- Serra, Teresa & Zilberman, David & Goodwin, Barry K. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2005. "Effects of Decoupling on the Average and the Variability of Output," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24601, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Roberto Henke & Cristina Salvioni, 2011. "Income Diversification in Italian Farms," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 3, September.
- Pan He & Marcella Veronesi & Stefanie Engel, 2016. "Consistency of Risk Preference Measures and the Role of Ambiguity: An Artefactual Field Experiment from China," Working Papers 03/2016, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Jianhua Wang & May Chu & Yuting Ma, 2018. "Measuring Rice Farmer’s Pesticide Overuse Practice and the Determinants: A Statistical Analysis Based on Data Collected in Jiangsu and Anhui Provinces of China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-17, March.
- Majiwa, Eucabeth Bosibori Opande & Lee, Boon & Wilson, Clevo, 2015. "Multi-lateral multi-output measurement of productivity: the case of African agriculture," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212769, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Liebenehm, S. & Waibel, H., 2014. "Risk and Time Preferences of West African Cattle Farmers," Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 49, March.
- Budi P. Resosudarmo, 2001.
"Impact of the Integrated Pest Management Program on the Indonesian Economy,"
EEPSEA Research Report
rr2001101, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Oct 2001.
- Budy P. Resosudarmo, 2001. "Impact of the Integrated Pest Management Program on the Indonesian Economy," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0102, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Budy P. Resosudarmo, 2016. "Impact of the Integrated Pest Management Program on the Indonesian Economy," EEPSEA Research Report rr2016059, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Apr 2016.
- Guizar-Mateos, Isai & Miranda, Mario J. & Gonzalez-Vega, Claudio, 2013. "The Role of Credit and Deposits in the Dynamics of Technology Decisions and Poverty Traps," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149860, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bansal, S. & Zilberman, D., 2018. "Role of health care expenditure in countering adverse effects of obesity on health: Evidence from global data," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275941, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Li, Hongbin & Liu, Pak Wai & Zhang, Junsen, 2012. "Estimating returns to education using twins in urban China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 494-504.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-11-26 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CNA-2018-11-26 (China)
- NEP-TRA-2018-11-26 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:276978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.