Research Investment and the Economic Returns To Chinese Agricultural Research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Shenggan & Pardey, Philip G., 1997. "Research, productivity, and output growth in Chinese agriculture," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 115-137, June.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1991. "Public Research Resource Allocation in Chinese Agriculture: A Test of Induced Technological Innovation Hypotheses," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 55-73, October.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fan, Shenggen & Fang, Cheng & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001.
"How Agricultural Research Affects Urban Poverty In Developing Countries? The Case Of China,"
2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL
20636, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fan, Shenggen & Fang, Cheng & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001. "How agricultural research affects urban poverty in developing countries: the case of China," EPTD discussion papers 83, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jin, Songqing & Rozelle, Scott & Alston, Julian M. & Huang, Jikun, 2003. "Economies of Scale and Scope, and the Efficiency of China's Agricultural Research System," Working Papers 190903, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- repec:bla:agecon:v:48:y:2017:i:3:p:317-326 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2008. "Nigeria - Agriculture Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7923, The World Bank.
- Ulrike Nischan & Adam Kennedy & Than Tun, 2016. "Promoting Agricultural Growth in Myanmar: A Review of Policies and an Assessment of Knowledge Gaps," Working Papers id:8792, eSocialSciences.
- Beliyou Haile & Carlo Azzarri & Cleo Roberts & David J. Spielman, 2017.
"Targeting, bias, and expected impact of complex innovations on developing-country agriculture: evidence from Malawi,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 48(3), pages 317-326, May.
- Haile, Beliyou & Azzarri, Carlo & Roberts, Cleo & Spielman, David J., 2015. "Targeting, bias, and expected impact of complex innovations on developing-country agriculture: Evidence from Malawi," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211697, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hu, Ruifa & Cai, Yaqing & Chen, Kevin Z. & Huang, Jikun, 2012.
"Effects of inclusive public agricultural extension service: Results from a policy reform experiment in western China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 962-974.
- Hu, Ruifa & Cai, Yaqing & Chen, Kevin Z. & Cui, Yongwei & Huang, Jikun, 2010. "Effects of inclusive public agricultural extension service: Results from a policy reform experiment in Western China," IFPRI discussion papers 1037, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Arsenio M Balisacan, 2004.
"Averting Hunger and Food Insecurity in Asia,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 1(1), pages 39-60, June.
- Arsenio M. Balisacan, 2004. "Averting Hunger and Food Insecurity in Asia," Agriculture and Development Discussion Paper Series 2004-1, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA).
- Kelvin Balcombe & Alastair Bailey & Iain Fraser, 2005. "Measuring the impact of R&D on Productivity from a Econometric Time Series Perspective," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 49-72, September.
- Alejandro Nin Pratt, 2016. "Comparing Apples to Apples: A New Indicator of Research and Development Investment Intensity in Agriculture," Working Papers id:11379, eSocialSciences.
- Spielman, David J. & Smale, Melinda, 2017. "Policy options to accelerate variety change among smallholder farmers in South Asia and Africa South of the Sahara," IFPRI discussion papers 1666, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Amponsah, Lawrence, 2016. "Modelling the effect of public investment on agricultural productivity in Ghana," MPRA Paper 70924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhu, Jing & Zhu, J., 2003. "Public Investment And China'S Grain Production Competitiveness Under Wto," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25825, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zhu, Jing, 2004. "Public investment and China's long-term food security under WTO," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 99-111, February.
- Nin-Pratt, Alejandro, 2016. "Comparing apples to apples: A new indicator of research and development investment intensity in agriculture:," IFPRI discussion papers 1559, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nasir nadeem, Dr. & khalid Mushtaq, Dr., 2010. "Role of Agricultural Research and Extension in Enhancing Agricultural Productivity in Punjab, Pakistan," MPRA Paper 27769, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2004. "Infrastructure and regional economic development in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 203-214.
- Raouf, Mariam & Kassim, Yumna & Kurdi, Sikandra & Mogues, Tewodaj & Mahmoud, Mai & Randriamamonjy, JosÃ©e & Thurlow, James & Wiebelt, Manfred & Breisinger, Clemens, 2018. "The (Arab) Agricultural Investment for Development Analyzer (AIDA): An innovative tool for evidence-based planning:," MENA working papers 6, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tun, Than & Kennedy, Adam & Nischan, Ulrike, 2015. "Promoting Agricultural Growth in Myanmar: A Review of Policies and an Assessment of Knowledge Gaps," Food Security International Development Papers 230983, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural research; Rates of returns; Chinese agriculture; Production function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:14:y:2000:i:2:p:163-182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .