Is contract farming a risk management instrument for Chinese farmers?: Evidence from a survey of vegetable farmers in Shandong
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rehber, Erkan, 1998. "Vertical Integration In Agriculture And Contract Farming," Working Papers 25991, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Sartwelle, James D., III & O'Brien, Daniel M. & Tierney, William I., Jr. & Eggers, Tim, 2000. "The Effect Of Personal And Farm Characteristics Upon Grain Marketing Practices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2009.
"Impact of Contract Farming on Income: Linking Small Farmers, Packers, and Supermarkets in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1781-1790, November.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2007. "Impact of contract farming on income: Linking small farmers, packers, and supermarket in China," IFPRI discussion papers 742, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rachael E. Goodhue, 2000. "Broiler Production Contracts as a Multi-Agent Problem: Common Risk, Incentives and Heterogeneity," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 606-622.
- Lajili, Kaouthar & Barry, Peter J. & Sonka, Steven T. & Mahoney, Joseph T., 1997. "Farmers' Preferences For Crop Contracts," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Saha Atanu & H. Alan Love & Robert Schwart, 1994. "Adoption of Emerging Technologies Under Output Uncertainty," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(4), pages 836-846.
- Rehber, Erkan, 2000. "Vertical Coordination In The Agro-Food Industry And Contract Farming: A Comparative Study Of Turkey And The Usa," Research Reports 25225, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Gray, Allan W. & Boehlje, Michael, 2005. "Risk Sharing and Transactions Costs in Producer-Processor Supply Chains," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 20(4).
- Sartwelle, James & O'Brien, Daniel & Tierney, William & Eggers, Tim, 2000. "The Effect of Personal and Farm Characteristics upon Grain Marketing Practices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 95-111, April.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-430, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kumar, Anjani & Roy, Devesh & Trapathi, Gaurav & Joshi, Pramod Kumar & Adhikari, Rajendra Prasad, 2016. "Can contract farming increase farmersâ€™ income and enhance adoption of food safety practices?: Evidence from remote areas of Nepal:," IFPRI discussion papers 1524, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kumar, Anjani & Roy, Devesh & Joshi, Pramod K. & Tripathi, Gaurav & Adhikari, Rajendra P., 2016. "Impact of Contract Farming on Profits and Yield of Smallholder Farms in Nepal: An Evidence from Lentil Cultivation," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235848, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nicholas Minot & Loraine Ronchi, 2014. "Contract Farming," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24249, The World Bank.
- Minot, Nicholas & Sawyer, Bradley, 2016. "Contract farming in developing countries: Theory, practice, and policy implications," IFPRI book chapters,in: Innovation for inclusive value-chain development: Successes and challenges, chapter 4, pages 127-158 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Abebe, Gumataw K. & Bijman, Jos & Kemp, Ron & Omta, Onno & Tsegaye, Admasu, 2013. "Contract farming configuration: Smallholders’ preferences for contract design attributes," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 14-24.
- Anjani Kumar & Devesh Roy & Gaurav Tripathi, 2016.
"Contracting by Small Farmers in Commodities with Export Potential: Assessing Farm Profits of Lentil Growers in Nepal,"
- Kumar, Anjani & Roy, Devesh & Tripathi, Gaurav & Joshi, Pramod Kumar & Adhikari, Rajendra Prasad, 2016. "Contracting by small farmers in commodities with export potential: Assessing farm profits of lentil growers in Nepal:," IFPRI discussion papers 1533, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2015.
"Small Farmers in High-Value Chains: Binding or Relaxing Constraints to Inclusive Growth?,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 43-52.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2014. "Small Farmers in High Value Chains: Binding or Relaxing Constraints to Inclusive Growth?," Discussion Papers DP 2014-23, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:75:y:2018:i:c:p:147-157 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsChina; Agriculture; Contracts; Contract farming; Risk; Fixed price; Floating price; Contract compliance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:caerpp:v:3:y:2011:i:4:p:489-505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.