Modelling South African grain farmersâ€™ preferences to adopt derivative contracts using discrete choice models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sartwelle, James D., III & O'Brien, Daniel M. & Tierney, William I., Jr. & Eggers, Tim, 2000. "The Effect Of Personal And Farm Characteristics Upon Grain Marketing Practices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Joost M.E. Pennings & Raymond M. Leuthold, 2000. "The Role of Farmers' Behavioral Attitudes and Heterogeneity in Futures Contracts Usage," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 908-919.
- Perry, Janet E. & Mishra, Ashok K., 1999. "Forward Contracting Of Inputs: A Farm-Level Analysis," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 17(2).
- Ani L. Katchova & Mario J. Miranda, 2004. "Two-Step Econometric Estimation of Farm Characteristics Affecting Marketing Contract Decisions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 88-102.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- Johann Kirsten & Julian May & Sheryl Hendriks & Charles L. Machethe & Cecelia Punt & Mike Lyne, 2007. "South Africa," Chapters,in: Beyond Food Production, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sartwelle, James & O'Brien, Daniel & Tierney, William & Eggers, Tim, 2000. "The Effect of Personal and Farm Characteristics upon Grain Marketing Practices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 95-111, April.
- Xavier Brusset, 2005. "Comparison between minimum purchase, quantity flexibility contracts and spot procurement in a supply chain," Econometrics 0512007, EconWPA.
- Fraser McLeay & Tony Zwart, 1998. "Factors affecting choice of cash sales versus forward marketing contracts," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 299-309.
- B.I. Shapiro & B. Wade Brorsen, 1988. "Factors Affecting Farmers' Hedging Decisions," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 145-153.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mofokeng, Maine & Vink, Nick, 2013. "Factors Affecting the Hedging Decision of Maize Farmers in Gauteng Province," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161465, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Granoszewski, Karol & Spiller, Achim, 2013. "Langfristige Rohstoffsicherung in der Supply Chain Biogas: Status Quo und Potenziale vertraglicher Zusammenarbeit," DARE Discussion Papers 1303, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrete choice models; micro-analysis of farmers; agricultural markets and marketing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:agreko:37631. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeasaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.