Comparison between minimum purchase, quantity flexibility contracts and spot procurement in a supply chain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 2001. "Contracting to Assure Supply: How to Share Demand Forecasts in a Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 629-646, May.
- Seifert, Ralf W. & Thonemann, Ulrich W. & Hausman, Warren H., 2004. "Optimal procurement strategies for online spot markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(3), pages 781-799, February.
- Paul R. Kleindorfer & D. J. Wu, 2003. "Integrating Long- and Short-Term Contracting via Business-to-Business Exchanges for Capital-Intensive Industries," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(11), pages 1597-1615, November.
- Wu, D. J. & Kleindorfer, P. R. & Zhang, Jin E., 2002. "Optimal bidding and contracting strategies for capital-intensive goods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(3), pages 657-676, March.
- Kamran Moinzadeh & Steven Nahmias, 2000. "Adjustment Strategies for a Fixed Delivery Contract," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 48(3), pages 408-423, June.
- A. A. Tsay & W. S. Lovejoy, 1999. "Quantity Flexibility Contracts and Supply Chain Performance," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 1(2), pages 89-111.
- Andy A. Tsay, 1999. "The Quantity Flexibility Contract and Supplier-Customer Incentives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(10), pages 1339-1358, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mofokeng, Maine & Vink, Nick, 2013. "Factors Affecting the Hedging Decision of Maize Farmers in Gauteng Province," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161465, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Ueckermann, E.M. & Blignaut, J.N. & Gupta, Rangan & Raubenheimer, J., 2008. "Modelling South African grain farmers’ preferences to adopt derivative contracts using discrete choice models," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(2), pages 1-18, June.
- Y Shi & F Wu & L K Chu & D Sculli & Y H Xu, 2011. "A portfolio approach to managing procurement risk using multi-stage stochastic programming," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 62(11), pages 1958-1970, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brusset, Xavier, 2009. "Choosing a transport contract over multiple periods," MPRA Paper 18392, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Jan 2009.
- Xavier Brusset, 2005. "How information influences the cost of transport in a supply chain, a monte carlo simulation," Econometrics 0512008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lingxiu Dong & Hong Liu, 2007. "Equilibrium Forward Contracts on Nonstorable Commodities in the Presence of Market Power," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(1), pages 128-145, February.
- Biswas, Indranil & Avittathur, Balram, 2019. "Channel coordination using options contract under simultaneous price and inventory competition," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 45-60.
- Hochbaum, Dorit S. & Wagner, Michael R., 2015. "Range contracts: Risk sharing and beyond," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(3), pages 956-963.
- Jörnsten, Kurt & Lise Nonås, Sigrid & Sandal, Leif & Ubøe, Jan, 2013. "Mixed contracts for the newsvendor problem with real options and discrete demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 809-819.
- Spinler, Stefan & Huchzermeier, Arnd, 2006. "The valuation of options on capacity with cost and demand uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 171(3), pages 915-934, June.
- Leng, Mingming & Zhu, An, 2009. "Side-payment contracts in two-person nonzero-sum supply chain games: Review, discussion and applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 600-618, July.
- Zhao, Yingxue & Choi, Tsan-Ming & Cheng, T.C.E. & Wang, Shouyang, 2018. "Supply option contracts with spot market and demand information updating," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 266(3), pages 1062-1071.
- Jeong, In-Jae & Jorge Leon, V., 2012. "A serial supply chain of newsvendor problem with safety stocks under complete and partial information sharing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 412-419.
- Xu, Jinpeng & Feng, Gengzhong & Jiang, Wei & Wang, Shouyang, 2015. "Optimal procurement of long-term contracts in the presence of imperfect spot market," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 42-52.
- Edward Anderson & Bo Chen & Lusheng Shao, 2017. "Supplier Competition with Option Contracts for Discrete Blocks of Capacity," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 65(4), pages 952-967, August.
- Yehuda Bassok & Ravi Anupindi, 2008. "Analysis of supply contracts with commitments and flexibility," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 55(5), pages 459-477, August.
- Xing, Wei & Liu, Liming & Wang, Shouyang, 2014. "More than a second channel? Supply chain strategies in B2B spot markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(3), pages 699-710.
- Erica L. Plambeck & Terry A. Taylor, 2007. "Implications of Renegotiation for Optimal Contract Flexibility and Investment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(12), pages 1872-1886, December.
- Zhao, Yingxue & Wang, Shouyang & Cheng, T.C.E. & Yang, Xiaoqi & Huang, Zhimin, 2010. "Coordination of supply chains by option contracts: A cooperative game theory approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 668-675, December.
- Inderfurth, Karl & Kelle, Peter & Kleber, Rainer, 2013. "Dual sourcing using capacity reservation and spot market: Optimal procurement policy and heuristic parameter determination," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(2), pages 298-309.
- Xavier Brusset, 2005. "The impact of coordination and information on transport procurement," Microeconomics 0504007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brusset, Xavier & Temme, Nico M., 2007. "Optimizing an objective function under a bivariate probability model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(2), pages 444-458, June.
- Bicer, Isik & Hagspiel, Verena, 2016. "Valuing quantity flexibility under supply chain disintermediation risk," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 1-15.
More about this item
Keywordscontracts; supply chain; statistical decision theory; optimization techniques; transactional relationships;
All these keywords.
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2005-12-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2005-12-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2005-12-14 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0512007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.