Mixed contracts for the newsvendor problem with real options and discrete demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hazra, Jishnu & Mahadevan, B., 2009. "A procurement model using capacity reservation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(1), pages 303-316, February.
- Dawn Barnes-Schuster & Yehuda Bassok & Ravi Anupindi, 2002. "Coordination and Flexibility in Supply Contracts with Options," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(3), pages 171-207, May.
- Seifert, Ralf W. & Thonemann, Ulrich W. & Hausman, Warren H., 2004. "Optimal procurement strategies for online spot markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(3), pages 781-799, February.
- Weng, Z. Kevin, 2004. "Coordinating order quantities between the manufacturer and the buyer: A generalized newsvendor model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(1), pages 148-161, July.
- Paul R. Kleindorfer & D. J. Wu, 2003. "Integrating Long- and Short-Term Contracting via Business-to-Business Exchanges for Capital-Intensive Industries," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(11), pages 1597-1615, November.
- Wu, D. J. & Kleindorfer, P. R. & Zhang, Jin E., 2002. "Optimal bidding and contracting strategies for capital-intensive goods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(3), pages 657-676, March.
- Gary D. Eppen & Ananth. V. Iyer, 1997. "Backup Agreements in Fashion Buying---The Value of Upstream Flexibility," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1469-1484, November.
- A. A. Tsay & W. S. Lovejoy, 1999. "Quantity Flexibility Contracts and Supply Chain Performance," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 1(2), pages 89-111.
- Chen, Xu & Li, Ling & Zhou, Ming, 2012. "Manufacturer's pricing strategy for supply chain with warranty period-dependent demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 807-816.
- Apostolos Burnetas & Peter Ritchken, 2005. "Option Pricing with Downward-Sloping Demand Curves: The Case of Supply Chain Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(4), pages 566-580, April.
- Zhou, Yong-Wu & Wang, Sheng-Dong, 2009. "Manufacturer-buyer coordination for newsvendor-type-products with two ordering opportunities and partial backorders," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(3), pages 958-974, November.
- Li, Shanling & Murat, Alper & Huang, Wanzhen, 2009. "Selection of contract suppliers under price and demand uncertainty in a dynamic market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(3), pages 830-847, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adkins, Roger & Paxson, Dean, 2013. "Deterministic models for premature and postponed replacement," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1008-1019.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1020-:d:101487 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xu, Jinpeng & Feng, Gengzhong & Jiang, Wei & Wang, Shouyang, 2015. "Optimal procurement of long-term contracts in the presence of imperfect spot market," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 42-52.
- Lukas, Elmar & Welling, Andreas, 2017. "Efficient non-cooperative bargaining despite keeping strategic information private," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 287-294.
- Karl Inderfurth & Peter Kelle & Rainer Kleber, 2014. "The Effect of Material Price and Product Demand Correlations on Combined Sourcing and Inventory Management," FEMM Working Papers 140013, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Nookabadi, Ali Shahandeh, 2016. "Outsource planning through option contracts with demand and cost uncertaintyAuthor-Name: Nosoohi, Iman," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(1), pages 131-142.
More about this item
KeywordsNewsvendor model; Real options; Discrete demand; Mixed contract;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:5:p:809-819. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .