The Effect Of Personal And Farm Characteristics Upon Grain Marketing Practices
A survey of Kansas, Texas, and Iowa agricultural producers was taken to examine the factors affecting their grain marketing practices. Sales indices models and models of qualitative choice are used to determine whether marketers' choices of cash market, forward contract, or futures and options oriented marketing practices are significantly affected by their personal farm business characteristics. Results indicate that geographic location, farm size, grain enterprise specialization, farming experience, use of grain storage, and use of crop insurance have significant effects upon the respondents' choice of grain marketing practices.
Volume (Year): 32 (2000)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Harris, Thomas R. & Kvasnicka, William G. & Veserat, Gary M., 1997. "Factors Influencing Rates Of Adoption Of Trichomoniasis Vaccine By Nevada Range Cattle Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), pages -, July.
- B.I. Shapiro & B. Wade Brorsen, 1988. "Factors Affecting Farmers' Hedging Decisions," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 145-153.
- Skaggs, Rhonda K. & Kirksey, R.E. & Harper, Wilmer M., 1994. "Determinants And Implication Of Post-Crp Land Use Decisions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), pages -, December.
- B. Wade Brorsen, 1998. "Can Preharvest Marketing Strategies be Used to Increase Income?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 286-287.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Saupe, W., 1987. "Determinants of Health Insurance Coverage for Family Farm Households: A Midwestern Study," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11237, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.