The Effect Of Personal And Farm Characteristics Upon Grain Marketing Practices
A survey of Kansas, Texas, and Iowa agricultural producers was taken to examine the factors affecting their grain marketing practices. Sales indices models and models of qualitative choice are used to determine whether marketers' choices of cash market, forward contract, or futures and options oriented marketing practices are significantly affected by their personal farm business characteristics. Results indicate that geographic location, farm size, grain enterprise specialization, farming experience, use of grain storage, and use of crop insurance have significant effects upon the respondents' choice of grain marketing practices.
Volume (Year): 32 (2000)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jensen, Helen H. & Saupe, W., 1987. "Determinants of Health Insurance Coverage for Family Farm Households: A Midwestern Study," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11237, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- B. Wade Brorsen, 1998. "Can Preharvest Marketing Strategies be Used to Increase Income?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 286-287.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Harris, Thomas R. & Kvasnicka, William G. & Veserat, Gary M., 1997. "Factors Influencing Rates Of Adoption Of Trichomoniasis Vaccine By Nevada Range Cattle Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
- Skaggs, Rhonda K. & Kirksey, R.E. & Harper, Wilmer M., 1994. "Determinants And Implication Of Post-Crp Land Use Decisions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
- B.I. Shapiro & B. Wade Brorsen, 1988. "Factors Affecting Farmers' Hedging Decisions," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 145-153.