Agricultural machinery for cleaner air An analysis of the effectiveness of three policy measures for reducing residue burning in Northern China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jin Yang & Zuhui Huang & Xiaobo Zhang & Thomas Reardon, 2013. "The Rapid Rise of Cross-Regional Agricultural Mechanization Services in China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1245-1251.
- Jingchao, Zhang & Kotani, Koji, 2012.
"The determinants of household energy demand in rural Beijing: Can environmentally friendly technologies be effective?,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 381-388.
- Zhang Jingchao & Koji Kotani, 2010. "The determinants of household energy demand in rural Beijing: Can the environmental-friendly technologies be effective?," Working Papers EMS_2010_15, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 1991.
"Education and Innovation Adoption in Agriculture: Evidence from Hybrid Rice in China,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(3), pages 713-723.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 1990. "Education and Innovation Adoption in Agriculture: Evidence from Hybrid Rice in China," UCLA Economics Working Papers 603, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Pratt, Michelle R. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Muth, David J. & Kladivko, Eileen J., 2014. "Synergies between cover crops and corn stover removal," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 67-76.
- Elaine M. Liu, 2013.
"Time to Change What to Sow: Risk Preferences and Technology Adoption Decisions of Cotton Farmers in China,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(4), pages 1386-1403, October.
- Elaine M. Liu, 2008. "Time to Change What to Sow: Risk Preferences and Technology Adoption Decisions of Cotton Farmers in China," Working Papers 1064, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Zhang, Gaijing & Long, Weiding, 2010. "A key review on emergy analysis and assessment of biomass resources for a sustainable future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2948-2955, June.
- Shudong Zhou & Thomas Herzfeld & Thomas Glauben & Yunhua Zhang & Bingchuan Hu, 2008. "Factors Affecting Chinese Farmers' Decisions to Adopt a Water‐Saving Technology," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 56(1), pages 51-61, March.
- Ping, Xiaoge & Jiang, Zhigang & Li, Chunwang, 2012. "Social and ecological effects of biomass utilization and the willingness to use clean energy in the eastern Qinghai–Tibet plateau," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 828-833.
- Blanke, Amelia & Rozelle, Scott & Lohmar, Bryan & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun, 2007. "Water saving technology and saving water in China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 139-150, January.
- H. Holly Wang & Yanping Zhang & Laping Wu, 2011. "Is contract farming a risk management instrument for Chinese farmers?: Evidence from a survey of vegetable farmers in Shandong," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 489-505, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Feike, Til & Khor, Ling Yee & Mamitimin, Yusuyunjiang & Ha, Nan & Li, Lin & Abdusalih, Nurbay & Xiao, Haifeng & Doluschitz, Reiner, 2017. "Determinants of cotton farmers’ irrigation water management in arid Northwestern China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 1-10.
- Hou, Lingling & Chen, Xiaoguang & Kuhn, Lena & Huang, Jikun, 2019. "The effectiveness of regulations and technologies on sustainable use of crop residue in Northeast China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 519-527.
- Giovanni Pino & Pierluigi Toma & Cristian Rizzo & Pier Paolo Miglietta & Alessandro M. Peluso & Gianluigi Guido, 2017. "Determinants of Farmers’ Intention to Adopt Water Saving Measures: Evidence from Italy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Morey Burnham & Zhao Ma & Delan Zhu, 2015. "The human dimensions of water saving irrigation: lessons learned from Chinese smallholder farmers," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(2), pages 347-360, June.
- Xu, Pei & Wang, Zhigang, 2012. "Factors Affect Chinese Producers' Adoption of a New Production Technology: Survey Results from Chinese Fruits Producers," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(2), pages 1-16.
- Amaral, Luís P. & Martins, Nélson & Gouveia, Joaquim B., 2016. "A review of emergy theory, its application and latest developments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 882-888.
- Sophie Clot & Charlotte Y. Stanton & Marc Willinger, 2017.
"Are impatient farmers more risk-averse? Evidence from a lab-in-the-field experiment in rural Uganda,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(2), pages 156-169, January.
- Sophie Clot & Charlotte Stanton & Marc Willinger, 2017. "Are impatient farmers more risk-averse? Evidence from a lab-in-the-field experiment in rural Uganda," Post-Print hal-02043026, HAL.
- Loïc Levi & Laure Latruffe & Aude Ridier, 2019.
"Farm performance and investment decisions: evidence from the French (Brittany) dairy sector,"
Working Papers SMART - LERECO
19-01, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Levi, Loïc & Latruffe, Laure & Ridier, Aude, 2019. "Farm performance and investment decisions: evidence from the French (Brittany) dairy sector," Working Papers 285033, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Loic Levi & Laure Latruffe & Aude Ridier, 2019. "Farm performance and investment decisions: evidence from the French (Brittany) dairy sector," Working Papers hal-02077531, HAL.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2018. "Household Fuel Use in Rural China," Working Papers halshs-01735847, HAL.
- Fan, Shenggen & Brzeska, Joanna & Keyzer, Michiel & Halsema, Alex, 2013. "From subsistence to profit: Transforming smallholder farms," Food policy reports 26, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pan He & Marcella Veronesi & Stefanie Engel, 2016. "Consistency of Risk Preference Measures and the Role of Ambiguity: An Artefactual Field Experiment from China," Working Papers 03/2016, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Goytom Abraha Kahsay & Daniel Osberghaus, 2018. "Storm Damage and Risk Preferences: Panel Evidence from Germany," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 71(1), pages 301-318, September.
- B Kelsey Jack, "undated". "Market Inefficiencies and the Adoption of Agricultural Technologies in Developing Countries," CID Working Papers 50, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- He, Xiaoping & Reiner, David, 2016.
"Electricity demand and basic needs: Empirical evidence from China's households,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 212-221.
- Xiaoping He & David Reiner, 2014. "Electricity Demand and Basic Needs: Empirical Evidence from China’s Households," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1442, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Xiaoping He & David Reiner, 2014. "Electricity Demand and Basic Needs: Empirical Evidence from China's Households," Working Papers EPRG 1416, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Muller, Christophe & Yan, Huijie, 2018.
"Household fuel use in developing countries: Review of theory and evidence,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 429-439.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2016. "Household Fuel Use in Developing Countries: Review of Theory and Evidence," Working Papers halshs-01290714, HAL.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2018. "Household fuel use in developing countries: Review of theory and evidence," Post-Print hal-01717823, HAL.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2016. "Household Fuel Use in Developing Countries: Review of Theory and Evidence," AMSE Working Papers 1613, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France, revised Mar 2016.
- Portia Adade Williams & Olivier Crespo & Mumuni Abu, 2020. "Assessing vulnerability of horticultural smallholders’ to climate variability in Ghana: applying the livelihood vulnerability approach," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 2321-2342, March.
- Nguyen, Quang & Villeval, Marie Claire & Xu, Hui, 2012.
"Trust and Trustworthiness under the Prospect Theory: A Field Experiment in Vietnam,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6851, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Quang Nguyen & Marie Claire Villeval & Hui Xu, 2012. "Trust and Trustworthiness under the Prospect Theory: A field experiment in Vietnam," Working Papers halshs-00730609, HAL.
- Quang Nguyen & Marie-Claire Villeval & Hui Xu, 2012. "Trust and Trustworthiness under the Prospect Theory: A field experiment in Vietnam," Working Papers 1226, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Magnan, Nicholas & Spielman, David J. & Lybbert, Travis J. & Gulati, Kajal, 2015. "Leveling with friends: Social networks and Indian farmers' demand for a technology with heterogeneous benefits," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 223-251.
- T.M. van Huizen & Rob Alessie, 2016. "Risk Aversion and Job Mobility," Working Papers 16-09, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Anna Conte & Peter G Moffatt & Mary Riddel, 2019. "The Multivariate Random Preference Estimatorfor Switching Multiple Price List Data," University of East Anglia School of Economics Working Paper Series 2019-04, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-11-26 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CNA-2018-11-26 (China)
- NEP-ENV-2018-11-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2018-11-26 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:277374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.