Household composition and food expenditures: a cross-country comparison
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brian W. Gould & Huei Chin Lin, 1994. "The demand for cheese in the United States: The role of household composition," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 43-59.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Justo Manrique & Helen H. Jensen, 1998.
"Working Women and Expenditures on Food Away‐From‐Home and At‐Home in Spain,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 321-333, September.
- Manrique, Justo & Jensen, Helen H., 1998. "Working Women and Expenditures on Food Away-From-Home and At-Home in Spain," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1308, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1986. "On Measuring Child Costs: With Applications to Poor Countries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 720-744, August.
- Diansheng Dong & Brian W. Gould, 2000. "Quality versus quantity in Mexican household poultry and pork purchases," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 333-355.
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 1996.
"Wife'S Labor Force Participation And Family Expenditures For Prepared Food, Food Prepared At Home, And Food Away From Home,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 1-8, October.
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., 1996. "Wife's Labor Force Participation and Family Expenditures for Prepared Food, Food Prepared at Home, and Food Away from Home," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 179-186, October.
- Blaylock, James R., 1991. "The Impact Of Equivalence Scales On The Analysis Of Income And Food Spending Distributions," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 1-10, July.
- Lazear, Edward P & Michael, Robert T, 1980. "Family Size and the Distribution of Real Per Capita Income," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(1), pages 91-107, March.
- Diansheng Dong & J.S. Shonkwiler & Oral Capps, 1998. "Estimation of Demand Functions Using Cross-Sectional Household Data: The Problem Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 466-473.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brian W. Gould, 2002. "Household composition and food expenditures in China," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 387-407.
- Lopez, Jose Antonio & Malaga, Jaime E. & Chidmi, Benaissa & Belasco, Eric J. & Surles, James, 2012. "Mexican Meat Demand at the Table Cut Level: Estimating a Censored Demand System in a Complex Survey," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 43(2), pages 1-27.
- Lopez, Jose Antonio, 2014. "Imputation Methods And Approaches:An Analysis Of Protein Sources In The Mexican Diet," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 1-20, April.
- Lopez, Jose Antonio & Malaga, Jaime E., 2009. "Estimation of a Censored Demand System in Stratified Sampling: An Analysis of Mexican Meat Demand at the Table Cut Level," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46294, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Siwarat Kuson & Songsak Sriboonchitta & Peter Calkins, 2012. "Household determinants of poverty in Savannakhet, Laos: Binary choice model approach," The Empirical Econometrics and Quantitative Economics Letters, Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University, vol. 1(3), pages 33-52, September.
- Brian Gould & Hector Villarreal, 2002. "Adult equivalence scales and food expenditures: an application to Mexican beef and pork purchases," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(9), pages 1075-1088.
- Gould, Brian W. & Dong, Diansheng, 2004.
"Product Quality And The Demand For Food: The Case Of Urban China,"
2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO
20010, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dong, Diansheng & Gould, Brian W., 2007. "Product Quality and the Demand for Food: The Case of Urban China," 2007: China's Agricultural Trade: Issues and Prospects Symposium, July 2007, Beijing, China 55030, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Jayasinghe, Maneka & Chai, Andreas & Ratnasiri, Shyama & Smith, Christine, 2017. "The power of the vegetable patch: How home-grown food helps large rural households achieve economies of scale & escape poverty," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 62-74.
- Abiodun Elijah Obayelu & V.O. Okoruwa & O.I.Y. Ajani, 2009. "Cross-sectional analysis of food demand in the North Central, Nigeria: The quadratic almost ideal demand system (QUAIDS) approach," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 173-193, January.
- repec:ags:jlaare:119158 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:elcore:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10660-016-9223-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Han-Jen Niu, 0. "Cyber purchasing behavior of adolescents: family communication relationships and parental influence," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-25.
- Julia Johannsen & Manfred Zeller & Stephan Klasen, 2007. "The capability dilemma in operational poverty assessment," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 159, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Lopez, Jose Antonio & Malaga, Jaime E., 2009. "Forecast and Simulation Analysis of Mexican Meat Consumption at the Table Cut Level: Impacts on U.S. Exports," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 51986, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:26:y:2001:i:6:p:571-586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.