Household composition and food expenditures in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Veeck, Ann & Veeck, Gregory, 2000. "Consumer Segmentation and Changing Food Purchase Patterns in Nanjing, PRC," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 457-471, March.
- Brian W. Gould & Huei Chin Lin, 1994. "The demand for cheese in the United States: The role of household composition," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 43-59.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-383, June.
- Sabates, Ricardo & Gould, Brian W. & Villarreal, Hector J., 2001. "Household composition and food expenditures: a cross-country comparison," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 571-586, December.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1986. "On Measuring Child Costs: With Applications to Poor Countries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 720-744, August.
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
- Shelley A. Phipps, 1998. "What Is The Income "Cost Of A Child"? Exact Equivalence Scales For Canadian Two-Parent Families," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 157-164, February.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1989. "Household equivalence scales and welfare comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 377-391, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Zhou & Xiaohua Yu & Thomas Herzfeld, 2015. "Dynamic food demand in urban China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 27-44, February.
- Burggraf, Christine & Kuhn, Lena & Zhao, Quiran & Teuber, Ramona & Glauben, Thomas, 2015. "Nutrition transition in two emerging countries: A comparison between China and Russia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211375, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fengxia Dong & Frank Fuller, 2010. "Dietary Structural Change in China's Cities: Empirical Fact or Urban Legend?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(1), pages 73-91, March.
- Burggraf, Christine & Kuhn, Lena & Zhao, Qiran & Glauben, Thomas & Teuber, Ramona, 2014. "Economic growth and nutrition transition: an empirical study comparing demand elasticities for foods in China and Russia," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182828, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kostakis, Ioannis, 2014. "The Determinants Of Households’ Food Consumption In Greece," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 1-12, April.
- Junfei Bai & Thomas I. Wahl & Jill J. McCluskey, 2008.
"Fluid milk consumption in urban Qingdao, China ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(2), pages 133-147, June.
- Bai, Junfei & Wahl, Thomas I. & McCluskey, Jill J., 2008. "Fluid milk consumption in urban Qingdao, China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(2), pages 1-15.
- Liu, Hongbo & Parton, Kevin A. & Zhou, Zhangyue & Cox, Rod, 2011. "Away-from-Home Meat Consumption in China," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 8(2), pages 1-15, December.
- Wang, Haiyan & Zivkovic, Sanja, 2018. "Household Food Demand Analysis in Rural China: Implications for Food Imports," 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 267163, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Liu, Hongbo & Parton, Kevin A. & Zhou, Zhang-Yue & Cox, Rod, 2009. "At-home meat consumption in China: an empirical study," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), pages 1-17.
- Curtis, Kynda R. & McCluskey, Jill J. & Wahl, Thomas I., 2007. "Consumer preferences for western-style convenience foods in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-14.
- Hongbo Liu & Kevin A. Parton & Zhang-Yue Zhou & Rod Cox, 2009. "At-home meat consumption in China: an empirical study ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), pages 485-501, October.
- Liu, Haiyan & Wahl, Thomas I. & Seale, James L., Jr. & Bai, Junfei, 2012. "Household Composition and Food Away From Home Expenditures in Urban China," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 131057, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hisham S. El-Osta, 2010. "Inequality decomposition of farm family living expenditures and the role of the life cycle," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(2), pages 245-266, August.
- Abdulbaki Bilgic & Steven T. Yen, 2014. "Demand for meat and dairy products by Turkish households: a Bayesian censored system approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 117-127, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:18:y:2002:i:3:p:387-407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.