Consumer Segmentation and Changing Food Purchase Patterns in Nanjing, PRC
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCurley Hortman, Sandra & Allaway, Arthur W. & Barry Mason, J. & Rasp, John, 1990. "Multisegment analysis of supermarket patronage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 209-223, November.
- Strober, Myra H & Weinberg, Charles B, 1980. " Strategies Used by Working and Nonworking Wives to Reduce Time Pressures," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 338-348, March.
- Pollay, Richard W. & Tse, David K. & Wang, Zheng-Yuan, 1990. "Advertising, propaganda, and value change in economic development : The new cultural revolution in China and attitudes toward advertising," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 83-95, March.
- Yavas, Ugur & Kaynak, Erdener & Borak, Eser, 1981. "Retailing institutions in developing countries: Determinants of supermarket patronage in Istanbul, Turkey," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 367-379, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sinha, Piyush Kumar & Gokhale, Srikant & Thomas, Sujo, 2012. "Development of Modern Retailing in India: It’s Impacts on Distribution and Procurement Networks and Changing Consumption Pattern," IIMA Working Papers WP2012-12-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Fengxia Dong & Frank Fuller, 2010. "Dietary Structural Change in China's Cities: Empirical Fact or Urban Legend?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(1), pages 73-91, March.
- Zhang, Xiaoyong & Dagevos, Hans & He, Yuna & van der Lans, Ivo & Zhai, Fengying, 2008. "Consumption and corpulence in China: A consumer segmentation study based on the food perspective," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 37-47, February.
- Tandon, Sharad & Landes, Maurice R. & Woolverton, Andrea, 2011. "The Expansion of Modern Grocery Retailing and Trade in Developing Countries," Economic Research Report 262237, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Francesconi, Gian Nicola & Heerink, Nico & D'Haese, Marijke, 2010. "Evolution and challenges of dairy supply chains: Evidence from supermarkets, industries and consumers in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 60-68, February.
- Xuqi Chen & Zhifeng Gao & Lisa House & Jiaoju Ge & Chengfeng Zong & Fred Gmitter, 2016.
"Opportunities for Western Food Products in China: The Case of Orange Juice Demand,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(3), pages 343-362, July.
- Chen, Xuqi & Gao, Zhifeng & House, Lisa, 2013. "Opportunities for Western Food Products in China: The Case of Orange Juice Demand," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150771, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Fuller, Frank & Huang, Jikun & Ma, Hengyun & Rozelle, Scott, 2006.
"Got milk? The rapid rise of China's dairy sector and its future prospects,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 201-215, June.
- Fuller, Frank H. & Huang, Jikun & Ma, Hengyun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005. "Got Milk? The Rapid Rise of China's Dairy Sector and Its Future Prospects," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12363, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Liu, Hongbo & Parton, Kevin A. & Zhou, Zhangyue & Cox, Rod, 2011. "Away-from-Home Meat Consumption in China," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 8(2), pages 1-15, December.
- Jaffe, Eugene Donald & Yi, Ling, 2007. "What are the drivers of channel length? Distribution reform in The People's Republic of China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 474-493, August.
- Junfei Bai & Jill J. McCluskey & Hainan Wang & Shi Min, 2014. "Dietary Globalization in Chinese Breakfasts," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 62(3), pages 325-341, September.
- Brian W. Gould, 2002. "Household composition and food expenditures in China," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 387-407.
- Chen, Yulin, 2019. "Neighborhood form and residents' walking and biking distance to food markets: Evidence from Beijing, China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 340-349.
- Roitner-Schobesberger, Birgit & Darnhofer, Ika & Somsook, Suthichai & Vogl, Christian R., 2008. "Consumer perceptions of organic foods in Bangkok, Thailand," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 112-121, April.
- Liu, Hongbo & Parton, Kevin A. & Cox, Rodney J., 2006. "Chinese consumer’s perceptions of beef," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 3(2), pages 1-10.
- Curtis, Kynda R. & McCluskey, Jill J. & Wahl, Thomas I., 2007. "Consumer preferences for western-style convenience foods in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-14.
- Nachum, Lilach, 2003. "Does nationality of ownership make any difference and, if so, under what circumstances?: Professional service MNEs in global competition," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-32.
- Hongbo Liu & Kevin A. Parton & Zhang-Yue Zhou & Rod Cox, 2009. "At-home meat consumption in China: an empirical study ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), pages 485-501, October.
- Sanae Tashiro & Chu-Ping Lo, 2011. "Balancing nutrition, luxury, and time constraints in food preparation choices," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 245-265, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:28:y:2000:i:3:p:457-471. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.