2014, Volume 125, Issue 1
- 66-69 Are school counselors an effective education input?
by Carrell, Scott E. & Hoekstra, Mark
- 70-73 The von Neumann–Morgenstern stable sets for the mixed extension of 2×2 games
by Inarra, E. & Larrea, C. & Saracho, A.
- 74-78 A bootstrap test for jumps in financial economics
by Hwang, Eunju & Shin, Dong Wan
- 79-81 Tax accounting principles and corporate risk-taking
by Becker, Johannes & Steinhoff, Melanie
- 82-86 Does distance reflect more than transport costs?
by Choi, Chi-Young & Choi, Horag
- 87-92 Mixed pricing in oligopoly with limited monopoly
by Wen, Zhong
- 93-96 Non-linearity in the inflation–growth relationship in developing economies: Evidence from a semiparametric panel model
by Baglan, Deniz & Yoldas, Emre
- 97-100 Do entry barriers reduce productivity? Evidence from a natural experiment
by McGowan, Danny
- 101-106 Measuring stress in money markets: A dynamic factor approach
by Carpenter, Seth & Demiralp, Selva & Schlusche, Bernd & Senyuz, Zeynep
- 107-109 Firms’ skills as drivers of radical and incremental innovation
by Doran, Justin & Ryan, Geraldine
- 110-114 A note on Kuhn’s Theorem with ambiguity averse players
by Aryal, Gaurab & Stauber, Ronald
- 115-118 Unique equilibrium in rent-seeking contests with a continuum of types
by Ewerhart, Christian
- 119-122 Testing for structural breaks with local smoothers: A simulation study
by Öztürk, Serda Selin & Stengos, Thanasis
- 123-125 Convex and decreasing absolute risk aversion is proper
by Huang, James
- 126-129 Which business model for e-book pricing?
by Dantas, Danilo C. & Taboubi, Sihem & Zaccour, Georges
- 130-133 When are bonus payments for managers perceived as fair? Results from a quasi-experiment
by Stephan, Gesine & Dütsch, Matthias & Gückelhorn, Cathrin & Struck, Olaf
- 134-137 The effect of ambiguity aversion on reward scheme choice
by Kellner, Christian & Riener, Gerhard
- 138-142 Exchange rate pass-through to domestic producer prices: Evidence from Korean firm-level pricing survey
by Ahn, JaeBin & Park, Chang-Gui
- 143-147 Financial constraints, firm entry, and exchange rate pass-through
by Kosaka, Michiru Sakane
2014, Volume 124, Issue 3
- 323-325 Risk attitudes and the stag-hunt game
by Büyükboyacı, Mürüvvet
- 326-328 A new perspective on the issue of selection bias in randomized controlled field experiments
by Belot, Michèle & James, Jonathan
- 329-334 Recursive preferences, learning and large deviations
by Dave, Chetan & Tsang, Kwok Ping
- 335-337 Why don’t you trade only four days a year? An empirical study into the abnormal returns of quarters first trading day
by Cohen, Gil
- 338-340 On policymakers’ loss functions and the evaluation of early warning systems: Comment
by Alessi, Lucia & Detken, Carsten
- 341-347 Estimating aggregate autoregressive processes when only macro data are available
by Jondeau, Eric & Pelgrin, Florian
- 348-352 Occupations and the evolution of gender differences in intergenerational socioeconomic mobility
by Schwenkenberg, Julia M.
- 353-357 A generalized panel data switching regression model
by Malikov, Emir & Kumbhakar, Subal C.
- 358-361 Stale forward guidance
by Detmers, Gunda-Alexandra & Nautz, Dieter
- 362-366 A semiparametric conditional duration model
by Dungey, Mardi & Long, Xiangdong & Ullah, Aman & Wang, Yun
- 367-369 An empirical input allocation model for the multiproduct firm
by Seale, James L. & Vorotnikova, Ekaterina & Asci, Serhat
- 370-373 The functional central limit theorem and structural change test for the HAR(∞) model
by Lee, Oesook
- 374-377 The dynamic relationship between disability onset, earnings, and disability insurance application and receipt
by Singleton, Perry
- 378-381 Estimation of extreme value-at-risk: An EVT approach for quantile GARCH model
by Yi, Yanping & Feng, Xingdong & Huang, Zhuo
- 382-385 The finance and growth nexus revisited
by Beck, Roland & Georgiadis, Georgios & Straub, Roland
- 386-388 Moral hazard with the (unlikely) possibility of catastrophes
by Bednarek, Ziemowit & Patel, Pratish
- 389-391 The minimum wage from a two-sided perspective
by Brown, Alessio J.G. & Merkl, Christian & Snower, Dennis J.
- 392-395 Transfers within a three generations family: When the rotten kids turn into altruistic parents
by Cremer, Helmuth & Roeder, Kerstin
- 396-398 Supermarkets versus local shopping: Welfare implications of retail provision mode
by Rudkin, Simon
- 399-401 Booms, busts, and price dispersion
by Clark, Robert & Vincent, Nicolas
- 402-405 On the validity of the first-order approach with moral hazard and hidden assets
by Bertola, Giuseppe & Koeniger, Winfried
- 406-410 The effect of health insurance coverage on the reported health of young adults
by Cardella, Eric & Depew, Briggs
- 411-415 Global sourcing and firm selection
by Kohler, Wilhelm & Smolka, Marcel
- 416-419 Optimal investment policy with fixed adjustment costs and complete irreversibility
by Roys, Nicolas
- 420-423 The war of attrition and the revelation of valuable information
by Kotowski, Maciej H. & Li, Fei
- 424-427 Start-up complexity and the thickness of regional input markets
by Dohse, Dirk & Vaona, Andrea
- 428-433 Property tax and fiscal discipline in OECD countries
by Presbitero, Andrea F. & Sacchi, Agnese & Zazzaro, Alberto
- 434-438 Retail price dynamics and retailer heterogeneity: UK evidence
by Lloyd, T.A. & McCorriston, S. & Morgan, C.W. & Poen, E. & Zgovu, E.
- 439-442 Effects of the BAPCPA on the chapter composition of consumer bankruptcies
by Cornwell, Christopher & Xu, Bing
- 443-445 Demand reduction in multi-unit auctions with varying number of bidders and units
by Akaichi, Faical & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Gil, José M.
- 446-448 On the value of relative comparisons in firms
by Ramalingam, Abhijit
- 449-451 In praise of wasteful spending
by Landsburg, Steven E.
- 452-456 Direct and indirect impact of charter schools’ entry on traditional public schools: New evidence from North Carolina
by Jinnai, Yusuke
- 457-460 The unique equilibrium in a model of sales with costly advertising
by Arnold, Michael A. & Zhang, Lan
- 461-464 Who comes back and when? Return migration decisions of academic scientists
by Gaulé, Patrick
- 465-468 Cost pass-through and inverse demand curvature in vertical relationships with upstream and downstream competition
by Adachi, Takanori & Ebina, Takeshi
- 469-473 The presence of ADHD: Spillovers between siblings
by Breining, Sanni Nørgaard
- 474-477 Do single-sex schools make girls more competitive?
by Lee, Soohyung & Niederle, Muriel & Kang, Namwook
- 478-481 Content provision and compatibility in a platform market
by Rasch, Alexander & Wenzel, Tobias
- 482-486 Global value chains and trade elasticities
by Gangnes, Byron S. & Ma, Alyson C. & Van Assche, Ari
- 487-489 Asymmetric preferences in real-time learning and the Taylor rule
by Ikeda, Taro
- 490-493 Information provision before a contract is offered
by Kim, Jaesoo & Shin, Dongsoo
- 494-499 Efficient estimation of conditionally linear and Gaussian state space models
by Moura, Guilherme V. & Turatti, Douglas Eduardo
- 500-503 The role of constant instruments in dynamic panel estimation
by Han, Chirok & Kim, Hyoungjong
- 504-507 Pollution–income dynamics
by López, Ramón E. & Yoon, Sang W.
- 508-512 International spillovers of policy uncertainty
by Klößner, Stefan & Sekkel, Rodrigo
- 513-515 Do guns displace books? The impact of compulsory military service on educational attainment
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Bender, Stefan & Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 516-519 A nonparametric analysis of the growth process of Indian cities
by Luckstead, Jeff & Devadoss, Stephen
- 520-522 Is there adverse selection in the life insurance market? Evidence from a representative sample of purchasers
by Harris, Timothy & Yelowitz, Aaron
- 523-525 Marginal deterrence when offenders act sequentially
by Friehe, Tim & Miceli, Thomas J.
- 526-529 Nonlinear dependence between stock and real estate markets in China
by Ding, Haoyuan & Chong, Terence Tai-leung & Park, Sung Y.
- 530-533 Economic shocks and civil conflict at the regional level
by Hodler, Roland & Raschky, Paul A.
- 534-538 Asymmetric responses to income changes: The payroll tax increase versus tax refund in 2013
by Bracha, Anat & Cooper, Daniel
2014, Volume 124, Issue 2
- 163-167 Moment conditions for Almost Stochastic Dominance
by Guo, Xu & Post, Thierry & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing
- 168-170 An alternative proof of Fishburn’s axiomatization of lexicographic preferences
by Mitra, Manipushpak & Sen, Debapriya
- 171-175 Are predictable improvements in TFP contractionary or expansionary: Implications from sectoral TFP?
by Nam, Deokwoo & Wang, Jian
- 176-179 A Hausman–Taylor instrumental variable approach to the penalized estimation of quantile panel models
by Harding, Matthew & Lamarche, Carlos
- 180-184 A policy response to a downside of the integration of economies: An impossibility theorem
by Stark, Oded
- 185-187 Asymmetric group loans, non-assortative matching and adverse selection
by Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Lensink, Robert
- 188-194 Solving the price puzzle with an alternative indicator of monetary policy
by Keating, John W. & Kelly, Logan J. & Valcarcel, Victor J.
- 195-198 Persuasion, binary choice, and the costs of dishonesty
by Hodler, Roland & Loertscher, Simon & Rohner, Dominic
- 199-202 Conditional punishment
by Kamei, Kenju
- 203-206 A simple spatial dependence test robust to local and distributional misspecifications
by Fang, Ying & Park, Sung Y. & Zhang, Jinfeng
- 207-210 The negative value of public information in the Glosten–Milgrom model
by Pancs, Romans
- 211-214 On optimal head starts in all-pay auctions
by Seel, Christian & Wasser, Cédric
- 215-218 Product quality, advertising intensity and market size
by Han, Bing & Chouinard, Hayley H.
- 219-221 Observational equivalence and nonequivalence of subjective and robust mean–variance preferences
by Wakai, Katsutoshi
- 222-226 Optimal tranching with diverse beliefs
by Guo, Guixia & Wang, Frank Yong & Wei, Xu
- 227-230 Income stratification and between-group inequality
by Allanson, Paul
- 231-235 Fiscal adjustments, labour market flexibility and unemployment
by Agnello, Luca & Castro, Vitor & Tovar Jalles, João & Sousa, Ricardo M.
- 236-238 A test based on panel refreshments for panel conditioning in stated utility measures
by Van Landeghem, Bert
- 239-242 A two-period model with portfolio choice: Understanding results from different solution methods
by Rabitsch, Katrin & Stepanchuk, Serhiy
- 243-247 Habit persistence and the long-run labor supply
by Struck, Clemens C.
- 248-254 GARCH with omitted persistent covariate
by Han, Heejoon & Park, Joon Y.
- 255-257 Regular Effective Demand Systems (REDS)
by Rehman, Fahd & Cooper, Russel J.
- 258-262 Aggregation of the generalized fractional processes
by Sun, Jingwei & Shi, Wendong
- 263-268 Causal linkages between work and life satisfaction and their determinants in a structural VAR approach
by Coad, Alex & Binder, Martin
- 269-273 Enhancing the local power of IVX-based tests in predictive regressions
by Demetrescu, Matei
- 274-277 Personality and cooperation in finitely repeated prisoner’s dilemma games
by Kagel, John & McGee, Peter
- 278-282 Bundled discounts: Strategic substitutes or complements?
by Brito, Duarte & Vasconcelos, Helder
- 283-285 Endogenous market structure and the cooperative firm
by Hueth, Brent & Moschini, GianCarlo
- 286-289 Differences by mother’s education in the effect of childcare on child obesity
by Nazarov, Zafar E. & Rendall, Michael S.
- 290-295 A comparison of city size distributions for China and India from 1950 to 2010
by Luckstead, Jeff & Devadoss, Stephen
- 296-299 Expectations and optimal monetary policy: A stability problem revisited
by Xiao, Wei & Xu, Junyi
- 300-303 Expectation driven business cycles with limited enforcement
by Walentin, Karl
- 304-307 Compensation and performance: An experimental study
by Dodonova, Anna & Khoroshilov, Yuri
- 308-313 On the distribution of tax effects on headquarters location
by Bösenberg, Simon & Egger, Peter H. & Strecker, Nora M.
- 314-317 A Walrasian Rubinstein and Wolinsky model
by Shneyerov, Artyom
- 318-322 Persistence under temporal aggregation and differencing
by Hassler, Uwe
2014, Volume 124, Issue 1
- 1-8 A note on dynamic monopoly pricing under consumption externalities
by Hashimoto, Kaito & Matsubayashi, Nobuo
- 9-13 Are choice experiments reliable? Evidence from the lab
by Luchini, S. & Watson, V.
- 14-16 Electing a representative committee by approval ballot: An impossibility result
by Duddy, Conal
- 17-20 Hurricane strikes and local migration in US coastal counties
by Ouattara, B. & Strobl, E.
- 21-25 Inclusive wealth with a changing but aging population
by Yamaguchi, Rintaro
- 26-29 Estimating dynamic demand for airlines
by Escobari, Diego
- 30-32 Short-time work—Some long-run implications
by Grape, Erik & Kolm, Ann-Sofie
- 33-36 Penalties and the deterrence of unlawful collusion
by Harrington, Joseph E.
- 37-40 Cumulative offer process is order-independent
by Hirata, Daisuke & Kasuya, Yusuke
- 41-47 Childhood preventive care, adult healthcare and economic growth: The role of healthcare financing
by Woode, Maame Esi & Nourry, Carine & Ventelou, Bruno
- 48-50 Establishment size and task-specific wages: Evidence from historical contract data
by Pehkonen, Jaakko
- 51-54 Are lifecycle funds appropriate as default options in participant-directed retirement plans?
by Basu, Anup K. & Chen, En Te & Clements, Adam
- 55-59 Reversal of gender gaps in child development: Evidence from young children in India
by Lopez Boo, Florencia & Canon, Maria Eugenia
- 60-63 The impact of bank competition and concentration on industrial growth
by Liu, Guy & Mirzaei, Ali & Vandoros, Sotiris
- 64-66 Government debt dynamics and the global financial crisis: Has anything changed in the EA12?
by Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Staehr, Karsten
- 67-73 A continuum of commitment
by Weber, Thomas A.
- 74-78 Will knowing diabetes affect labor income? Evidence from a natural experiment
by Liu, Xiaoou & Zhu, Chen
- 79-82 Comparative statics for oligopoly: A generalized result
by Jinji, Naoto
- 83-87 A fixed-T version of Breitung’s panel data unit root test
by Karavias, Yiannis & Tzavalis, Elias
- 88-92 Dynamic inconsistency and non-preferential taxation of foreign capital
by Kishore, Kaushal & Roy, Santanu
- 93-95 The non-monotonous impact of population growth on economic prosperity
by Prettner, Klaus
- 96-99 A note on coupled lotteries
by Adam, Marc T.P. & Kroll, Eike B. & Teubner, Timm
- 100-103 A simple estimator for partial linear regression with endogenous nonparametric variables
by Delgado, Michael S. & Parmeter, Christopher F.
- 104-107 A note on the representative adaptive learning algorithm
by Berardi, Michele & Galimberti, Jaqueson K.
- 108-112 Value and quantity data in economic and technical efficiency measurement
by Silva Portela, Maria Conceição A.
- 113-116 A model of financial contagion with variable asset returns may be replaced with a simple threshold model of cascades
by Kobayashi, Teruyoshi
- 117-121 Can Markov switching model generate long memory?
by Baek, Changryong & Fortuna, Natércia & Pipiras, Vladas
- 122-126 Price vs. quantity competition in a vertically related market
by Alipranti, Maria & Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel
- 127-131 The effect of human capital on countries’ economic efficiency
by Tzeremes, Nickolaos G.
- 132-135 Pro-competitive effect, division of labor, and firm productivity
by Kamei, Keita
- 136-139 The economic impact of Swiss smoking bans on the hospitality sector
by Marti, Joachim & Schläpfer, Jörg
- 140-142 Is the ‘euro effect’ on trade so small after all? New evidence using gravity equations with panel cointegration techniques
by Camarero, Mariam & Gómez, Estrella & Tamarit, Cecilio
- 143-146 Bid coordination in split-award procurement: The buyer need not know anything
by Bag, Parimal Kanti & Li, Jianpei
- 147-150 Dynamic pricing in the Singapore condominium market
by Fesselmeyer, Eric & Liu, Haoming
- 151-156 Heterogeneous firms and the impact of government policy on welfare and informality
by Mendicino, Caterina & Prado, Mauricio
- 157-159 Alternative derivation of the leximin principle
by Mori, Osamu
- 160-161 Corrigendum to "Reconciling the Rawlsian and the utilitarian approaches to the maximization of social welfare, [Economics Letters 122 (2014) 439–444]"
by Stark, Oded & Jakubek, Marcin & Falniowski, Fryderyk
2014, Volume 123, Issue 3
- 257-261 An algorithm for constructing high dimensional distributions from distributions of lower dimension
by Anatolyev, Stanislav & Khabibullin, Renat & Prokhorov, Artem
- 262-265 Measurement error in the AFQT in the NLSY79
by Schofield, Lynne Steuerle
- 266-269 Consumer poaching, brand switching, and price transparency
by Schultz, Christian
- 270-273 An exploration of the effect of doubt during disasters on equity premiums
by Suzuki, Shiba
- 274-278 Hidden consequences of a first-born boy for mothers
by Ichino, Andrea & Lindström, Elly-Ann & Viviano, Eliana
- 279-281 Time scale evaluation of economic forecasts
by Michis, Antonis A.
- 282-286 Maximum likelihood estimation for vector autoregressions with multivariate stochastic volatility
by Kim, Dukpa
- 287-290 Measuring business cycles: Empirical Mode Decomposition of economic time series
by Kožić, Ivan & Sever, Ivan
- 291-294 The maximum number of parameters for the Hausman test when the estimators are from different sets of equations
by Nawata, Kazumitsu & McAleer, Michael
- 295-299 Destructive behavior in a Fragile Public Good game
by Hoyer, Maximilian & Bault, Nadège & Loerakker, Ben & van Winden, Frans
- 300-304 Iterative algorithm for non parametric estimation of the instrumental variables quantiles
by Fève, Frédérique & Florens, Jean-Pierre
- 305-307 On conditions in central limit theorems for martingale difference arrays
by Alj, Abdelkamel & Azrak, Rajae & Mélard, Guy
- 308-312 Agency conflicts in the presence of random private benefits from project implementation
by Dye, Ronald A. & Sridharan, Sri S.
- 313-317 Resuscitating the ad hoc loss function for monetary policy analysis
by Paez-Farrell, Juan
- 318-322 Social security and economic integration
by Artige, L. & Dedry, A. & Pestieau, P.
- 323-326 Are leniency programs too generous?
by Sauvagnat, Julien
- 327-328 Property taxes and dynamic efficiency: A correction
by Homburg, Stefan
- 329-332 The effects of the raising-the-official-pension-age policy in an overlapping generations economy
by Miyazaki, Koichi
- 333-335 On the equivalence of indirect inference and bootstrap bias correction for linear IV estimators
by Chau, Tak Wai
- 336-340 Habit formation in state-dependent pricing models: Implications for the dynamics of output and prices
by Ngo, Phuong V.
- 341-344 Private versus verifiable interim performance evaluations under uncertainty
by Terstiege, Stefan
- 345-347 Donor–recipient ideological differences and economic aid
by Lskavyan, Vahe
- 348-351 A Monte Carlo study of a factor analytical method for fixed-effects dynamic panel models
by Norkute, Milda
- 352-355 Equilibrium bids in practical multi-attribute auctions
by Wang, Mingxi & Liu, Shulin
- 356-360 Maxmin mechanism in a simple common value auction
by Long, Yan
- 361-365 Price dispersion across US districts of entry
by Yilmazkuday, Hakan
- 366-369 The stained China miracle: Corruption, regulation, and firm performance
by Jiang, Ting & Nie, Huihua
- 370-373 A study of political activism in labour courts
by Booth, James Francis & Freyens, Benoit Pierre
- 374-377 Estimates of gender differences in firm’s access to credit in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Hansen, Henrik & Rand, John
- 378-382 Effects of supervision on tax compliance: Evidence from a field experiment in Austria
by Gangl, Katharina & Torgler, Benno & Kirchler, Erich & Hofmann, Eva
- 383-386 Periodically collapsing Evans bubbles and stock-price volatility
by Rotermann, Benedikt & Wilfling, Bernd
- 387-390 Risk taking by agents: The role of ex-ante and ex-post accountability
by Pollmann, Monique M.H. & Potters, Jan & Trautmann, Stefan T.
- 391-394 Non-profit differentials in crowd-based financing: Evidence from 50,000 campaigns
by Pitschner, Stefan & Pitschner-Finn, Sebastian
- 395-397 Location and ownership of public goods
by Halonen-Akatwijuka, Maija & Pafilis, Evagelos
- 398-401 Inequality in democracies: Testing the classic democratic theory of redistribution
by Pecoraro, Brandon
2014, Volume 123, Issue 2
- 109-112 Sluggish US employment recovery after the Great Recession: Cyclical or structural factors?
by Lucchetta, Marcella & Paradiso, Antonio
- 113-117 Relaxing the substitutes condition in matching markets with contracts
by Flanagan, Francis X.
- 118-121 Information asymmetry and reentry
by Harasser, Andreas
- 122-126 Monetary environments and stock returns revisited: A quantile regression approach
by Chevapatrakul, Thanaset
- 127-130 The strategy of manipulating joint decision-making
by Kim, Jin Yeub & Kwon, Heung Jin
- 131-134 The causal effect of income on life satisfaction and the implications for valuing non-market goods
by Ambrey, Christopher L. & Fleming, Christopher M.
- 135-138 Gross substitutes and complements: A simple generalization
by Teytelboym, Alexander
- 139-143 The nucleolus of large majority games
by Kurz, Sascha & Napel, Stefan & Nohn, Andreas
- 144-148 Solidarity among the poor
by de Oliveira, Angela C.M. & Eckel, Catherine C. & Croson, Rachel T.A.
- 149-153 How do transport costs affect firms’ exports? Evidence from a vanishing bridge
by Volpe Martincus, Christian & Carballo, Jerónimo & Garcia, Pablo M. & Graziano, Alejandro
- 154-159 Estimating efficiency spillovers with state level evidence for manufacturing in the US
by Glass, Anthony & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Sickles, Robin C.
- 160-163 Real exchange rate dynamics in sticky wage models
by Crucini, Mario J. & Shintani, Mototsugu & Tsuruga, Takayuki
- 164-167 Asset bubbles in an overlapping generations model with endogenous labor supply
by Shi, Lisi & Suen, Richard M.H.
- 168-170 On the fairness of random procedures
by Eliaz, Kfir & Rubinstein, Ariel
- 171-176 Uniqueness of Markov equilibrium in stochastic OLG models with nonclassical production
by Hillebrand, Marten
- 177-182 Inequality and debt in a model with heterogeneous agents
by Ravenna, Federico & Vincent, Nicolas
- 183-186 Age structure and the current account
by Gudmundsson, Gudmundur S. & Zoega, Gylfi
- 187-190 GARCH models for daily stock returns: Impact of estimation frequency on Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall forecasts
by Ardia, David & Hoogerheide, Lennart F.
- 191-194 Smug Alert! Exploring self-licensing behavior in a cheating game
by Clot, Sophie & Grolleau, Gilles & Ibanez, Lisette
- 195-199 Seasonal cycles in a model of the housing market
by Selcuk, Cemil