Citations for "A Reconsideration of Import Substitution"
by Bruton, H.J.
- John Stanley Metcalfe & Ronnie Ramlogan, 2007.
"Competition and the Regulation of Economic Development,"
in: Competitive Advantage and Competition Policy in Developing Countries, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Metcalfe, J.S. & Ramlogan, R., 2005. "Competition and the regulation of economic development," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 215-235, May.
- Huff, W. G. & Dewit, G. & Oughton, C., 2001. "Credibility and Reputation Building in the Developmental State: A Model with East Asian Applications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 711-724, April.
- Udude Celina C & Okulegu Bethran Enyim, 2012. "Exports and Nigerians Economic Growth: A Co-Integration Analysis," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 2(2), pages 429-444, June.
- Cohen, Joseph N, 2010. "Neoliberalism’s relationship with economic growth in the developing world: Was it the power of the market or the resolution of financial crisis?," MPRA Paper 24399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Jose Ernesto Amoros, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship and Competitiveness Dynamics in Latin America,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2008-059, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Zoltan Acs & José Amorós, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and competitiveness dynamics in Latin America," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 305-322, October.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry & Ries, John, 2008.
"The Erosion of Colonial Trade Linkages After Independence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6951, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry & Ries, John, 2010. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 1-14, May.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2008. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Sciences Po publications 6951, Sciences Po.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2008. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Working Papers hal-01066116, HAL.
- Thierry Mayer & Keith Head & John Ries, 2008. "The Erosion of Colonial Trade Linkages after Independence," Working Papers 2008-27, CEPII research center.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2011. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Post-Print hal-01024396, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2011. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pd, Sciences Po.
- Jean-Paul Azam & Shantayanan Devarajan & Stephen A. O'Connell, 1999.
"Aid dependence reconsidered,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1999-05, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Cohen, Joseph N, 2011. "“Economic freedom” and economic growth: questioning the claim that freer markets make societies more prosperous," MPRA Paper 33758, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sanjaya Lall, . "FDI and Development: Policy and Research Issues in the Emerging Context," QEH Working Papers qehwps43, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Westphal, Larry E., 1998. "The pendulum swings -- An apt analogy? 1997 Northeastern Universities development consortium conference keynote talk," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2223-2230, December.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Xiaokai Yang, 1999.
"Gradual Spread of Market-Led Industrialization,"
CID Working Papers
11, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Donghyun Park & Jung Hur, 2002. "Exports Under an Import Substitution Trade Regime: An Alternative View," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(5), pages 1-7.
- Cheng, Wen Li & Liu, Meng-Chun & Yang, Xiaokai, 2000.
"A Ricardian Model with Endogenous Comparative Advantage and Endogenous Trade Policy Regimes,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 76(233), pages 172-82, June.
- Wen Li Cheng & Meng-Chun Liu & Xiaokai Yang, 2005. "A Ricardian Model With Endogenous Comparative Advantage And Endogenous Trade Policy Regimes," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: An Inframarginal Approach To Trade Theory, chapter 7, pages 109-130 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Wen Li Cheng & Meng-chun Liu & Xiaokai Yang, 1999. "A Ricardian Model with Endogenous Comparative Advantage and Endogenous Trade Policy Regimes," CID Working Papers 12, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2009. "Impact of Selectivity and Neutrality of trade Policy Incentives on Industrialization of Developing Countries; Implications for NAMA Negotiations," MPRA Paper 15037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Segal, 2009. "Structural Change in Argentina, 1900-1973: The Role of Import Substitution and Factor Endowments," Economics Series Working Papers 437, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2012.
"A cost–benefit analysis of the EU 20/20/2020 package,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 288-295.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2011. "A Cost-Benefit Analysis of the EU 20/20/2020 Package," Papers WP367, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo & Marangoni, GianDemetrio & Teixeira, Joanílio Rodolpho, 2004. "The effects of information communication technology on the terms of trade between north-south countries: a structural economic dynamic approach," MPRA Paper 46141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aekapol Chongvilaivan, 2012.
"Learning by exporting and high-tech capital deepening in Singapore manufacturing industries, 1974--2006,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(20), pages 2551-2568, July.
- Aekapol Chongvilaivan, 2008. "Learning by Exporting and High-tech Capital Deepening in Singapore Manufacturing Industries, 1974-2006," Microeconomics Working Papers 21979, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Aekapol Chongvilaivan, 2008. "Learning by Exporting and High-tech Capital Deepening in Singapore Manufacturing Industries, 1974-2006," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0804, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Md. Nurul Amin & Tetsushi Sonobe, 2013. "The success of the industrial development policy in the pharmaceutical industry in Bangladesh," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-07, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- repec:oxf:wpaper:wps/1999-05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rajneesh Narula & John Dunning, 2010.
"Multinational Enterprises, Development and Globalization: Some Clarifications and a Research Agenda,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 263-287.
- Narula R. & Dunning J.H., 2009. "Multinational enterprises, development and globalisation: some clarifications and a research agenda," MERIT Working Papers 023, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Cohen, Joseph N, 2009. "Is “economic freedom” strictly free market capitalism? A decompositional analysis of the Economic Freedom of the World index," MPRA Paper 22437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro, 2016. "Multilatinas as sources of new research insights: The learning and escape drivers of international expansion," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1963-1972.
- Roland Hodler, 2011.
"Development (Paradigm) Failures,"
11.01, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Alvaro CUERVO-CAZURRA & Luis Alfonso DAU, 2008. "Structural Reform And Firm Profitability In Developing Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp940, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- McCleery, Robert K. & De Paolis, Fernando, 2008. "The Washington Consensus: A post-mortem," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5-6), pages 438-446.
- McDougal Topher L, 2009. "The Liberian State of Emergency: What Do Civil War and State-Led Industrialization Have in Common?," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(3), pages 1-28, March.
- Cheng, Wenli & Sachs, Jeffrey & Yang, Xiaokai, 2000.
"An Inframarginal Analysis of the Ricardian Model,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 208-20, May.
- Adam Fforde, 2005.
"Persuasion: Reflections on economics, data, and the 'homogeneity assumption',"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 63-91.
- Adam Fforde, 2004. "Persuasion: Reflections on Economics, Data and the 'Homogeneity Assumption'," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 919, The University of Melbourne.
- Reinhardt, Nola & Peres, Wilson, 2000. "Latin America's New Economic Model: Micro Responses and Economic Restructuring," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1543-1566, September.
- Rui, Huaichuan & Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro & Annique Un, C., 2016. "Learning-by-doing in emerging market multinationals: Integration, trial and error, repetition, and extension," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 686-699.
- Narula,Rajneesh, 2002. "Switching from import substitution to the ‘New Economic Model’ in Latin America: A case of not learning from Asia," Research Memorandum 042, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Kodama, Masahiro, 2013. "Growth-cycle nexus," IDE Discussion Papers 387, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Shiyuan Pan & Qi Zhang & Mingxing Liu & Heng-fu Zou, 2007. "Technical Choice in Political Perspective: Rethinking How Elites Selected Economic Strategy After WW II," CEMA Working Papers 293, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra, 2006. "Business groups and their types," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 419-437, December.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Tin, Jonathan, 2002. "That was then but this is now," TMD discussion papers 94, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kevin P. Gallagher & Mehdi Shafaeddin, 2009. "Policies for Industrial Learning in China and Mexico," Trade Working Papers 22782, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Kunal Sen, 2015. "Industrialisation, Employment and Poverty," Departmental Working Papers 2015-11, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Rajneesh Narula, 2015. "The Importance of Domestic Capabilities for FDI-assisted Development: Lessons from Asia and Latin America," John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers jhd-dp2015-05, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2002:i:5:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Facundo Albornoz and Paolo Vanin, 2005. "Local Learning, Trade Policy and Industrial Structure Dynamics," Discussion Papers 05-12, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro, 2008. "The multinationalization of developing country MNEs: The case of multilatinas," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 138-154, June.
- Young, Linda M., 1999. "Prevalence And Reform Of State Trading Importers In World Grain Markets," Trade Research Center Research Discussion Papers 29241, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Mariateresa Fiocca, 2001. "Mediterraneo e Balcani: Due Aree di Crisi e di Opportunità alla periferia dell'unione Europea," ISAE Working Papers 19, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Lall Sanjaya & Narula Rajneesh, 2004. "FDI and its role in economic development: Do we need a new agenda?," Research Memorandum 019, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Khan, Haider, 2013. "Bangladesh: Towards a Non-partisan Search for a Pro-people National Political Economic Strategy during Crisis," MPRA Paper 49518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sachs, J.D. & Yang, X., 1999.
"Pattern of Trade and Economic Development in the Model of Monopolistic Competition,"
14, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Xiaokai Yang & Dingsheng Zhang, 1999. "Pattern of Trade and Economic Development in the Model of Monopolistic Competition," CID Working Papers 14, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Helen Shapiro, 2007. "Industrial Policy and Growth," Working Papers 53, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Torres-Fuchslocher, Carlos, 2010. "Understanding the development of technology-intensive suppliers in resource-based developing economies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 268-277, March.
- Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro, 2007. "Sequence of value-added activities in the multinationalization of developing country firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 258-277, September.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi & Pizarro, Juan, 2007. "From Export Promotion To Import Substitution; Comparative Experience of China and Mexico," MPRA Paper 6650, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2007.
- Michael T. Rock, 2002. "Exploring the impact of selective interventions in agriculture on the growth of manufactures in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 485-510.
- Priewe, Jan, 2015. "Eight strategies for development in comparison," IPE Working Papers 53/2015, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Araujo, Ricardo, 2013. "Assessing the Dynamics of Terms of Trade in a Model of Cumulative Causation and Structural Change," MPRA Paper 46049, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Kadochnikov, 2006. "An Analysis of Import Substitution in Russia after the 1998 Crisis," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 95, pages 148.
- Yilmaz Akyuz, 2005. "The WTO Negotiations on Industrial Tariffs: What is at Stake for Developing Countries?," Working Papers 2005/8, Turkish Economic Association.
- Richard Grabowski, 2011. "The evolution of the state and taxation: role of agriculture," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 188-203, November.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi & Gallaher, Kevin, 2008. "Policies for Industrial Learning in China and Mexico: Neo-developmental vs. Neo-liberal approaches," MPRA Paper 11041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cohen, Joseph N., 2008. "Managing the Faustian bargain: monetary autonomy in the pursuit of development in Eastern Europe and Latin America," MPRA Paper 22435, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Temple, Jonathan R.W., 2010. "Aid and Conditionality," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Jorge Niosi, 2010. "Building National and Regional Innovation Systems," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14006, June.
- Moreno Brid, Juan Carlos & Pérez Caldentey, Esteban, 2009.
"Trade and economic growth: a Latin American perspective on rhetoric and reality,"
Estudios y Perspectivas – Sede Subregional de la CEPAL en México
119, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Juan Carlos Moreno Brid & Esteban PÃ©rez Caldentey, 2010. "Trade and Economic Growth: A Latin American Perspective on Rhetoric and Reality," Chapters, in: Handbook of Alternative Theories of Economic Growth, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cohen, Joseph N & Linton, April, 2010. "The historical relationship between inflation and political rebellion, and what it might teach us about neoliberalism," MPRA Paper 22522, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessandro De Matteis, 2004. "International trade and economic growth in a global environment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 575-588.
- Bianchi, Ana Maria, 2002. "For Different Audiences, Different Arguments: Economic Rhetoric at the Beginning of the Latin American School," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 291-305, September.
- Cohen, Joseph N, 2010. "Neoliberalism’s relationship with economic growth in the developing world: Was it the power of the market or the resolution of financial crisis?," MPRA Paper 24527, University Library of Munich, Germany.