An Analysis of Import Substitution in Russia after the 1998 Crisis
The paper constitutes an updated and generalized research earlier conducted at the IET (Sinelnikov, Kadochnikov, Chetverikov, 2003) and comprises an extended review of problems and models associated with the demand for import and import substitution, and revaluation of models using the 2003 data and results of import substitution for certain groups of tradables.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): 95 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3-5 Gazetny lane, Moscow, 125009|
Phone: (495) 629-6413
Fax: (495) 203-8816
Web page: http://iep.ru/en.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2000.
"Real Effective Exchange Rate and the Constant Elasticity of Substitution Assumption,"
IMF Working Papers
00/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Vamvakidis, Athanasios, 2003. "Real effective exchange rate and the constant elasticity of substitution assumption," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 337-354, August.
- Geraci, Vincent J & Prewo, Wilfried, 1982. "An Empirical Demand and Supply Model of Multilateral Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 432-41, August.
- Timothy A. Deyak & W. Charles Sawyer & Richard L. Sprinkle, 1993. "The Adjustment of Canadian Import Demand to Changes in Income, Prices, and Exchange Rates," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(4), pages 890-900, November.
- Deyak, Timothy A & Sawyer, W Charles & Sprinkle, Richard L, 1989. "An Empirical Examination of the Structural Stability of Disaggregated U.S. Import Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 337-41, May.
- Anderson, Ronald W, 1979. "Perfect Price Aggregation and Empirical Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1209-30, September.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S & Officer, Lawrence H, 1980. "Prices of Tradable and Nontradable Goods in the Demand for Total Imports," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 190-99, May.
- Stone, Joe A, 1979. "Price Elasticities of Demand for Imports and Exports: Industry Estimates for the U.S., the E.E.C. and Japan," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 306-12, May.
- Rousslang, Donald & Parker, Stephen, 1981. "The Effects of Aggregation on Estimated Import Price Elasticities: The Role of Imported Intermediate Inputs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 436-39, August.
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay, 2000. "The Transition Economies After Ten Years," NBER Working Papers 7664, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goldstein, Morris & Officer, Lawrence H, 1979. "New Measures of Prices and Productivity for Tradable and Nontradable Goods," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 25(4), pages 413-27, December.
- Alexander Alekseev & Natalia Tourdyeva & Ksenia Yudaeva, 2003. "Estimation of the Russia’s trade policy options with the help of the Computable General Equilibrium Model," Working Papers w0042, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Richard H. Clarida, 1991.
"Co-Integration, Aggregate Consumption, and the Demand For Imports: A Structural Econometric Investigation,"
NBER Working Papers
3812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, Richard H, 1994. "Cointegration, Aggregate Consumption, and the Demand for Imports: A Structural Econometric Investigation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 298-308, March.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1992. "Cointegration, aggregate consumption, and the demand for imports: a structural econometric investigation," Research Paper 9213, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- William H. Branson, 1968. "A disaggregated model of the U.S. balance of trade," Staff Studies 44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Avinash Dixit, 1991. "Analytical Approximations in Models of Hysteresis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 141-151.
- Baldwin, Richard, 1988.
"Hyteresis in Import Prices: The Beachhead Effect,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 773-85, September.
- Stefano Chiarlone, 2000.
"Trade of quality differentiated goods and import elasticities,"
KITeS Working Papers
112, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2000.
- Stefano Chiarlone, 2000. "Trade of quality differentiated goods and import elasticities," LIUC Papers in Economics 72, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Erkel-Rousse, H. & Mirza, D., 2000.
"Import Price-Elasticities : Reconsidering the Evidence,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications
2000.52, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Hélène Erkel-Rousse & Daniel Mirza, 2002. "Import price elasticities: reconsidering the evidence," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 282-306, May.
- Helene Erkel-Rousse & Daniel Mirza, 2000. "Import Price-Elastcities: Reconsidering the Evidence," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0909, Econometric Society.
- Andrew Atkeson & Patrick Kehoe, 1997. "Industry Evolution and Transition: A Neoclassical Benchmark," NBER Working Papers 6005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ellis, Dennis F, 1976. "A Slutsky Equation for Demand Correspondences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 825-28, July.
- Cook, Philip J, 1972. "A 'One Line' Proof of the Slutsky Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 139, March.
- Henry J. Bruton, 1998. "A Reconsideration of Import Substitution," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 903-936, June.
- Faini, Riccardo & Pritchett, Lant & Clavijo, Fernando, 1988. "Import demand in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 122, The World Bank.
- Guillermo Calvo & Fabrizio Coricelli, 1992. "Output Collapse in Eastern Europe; The Role of Credit," IMF Working Papers 92/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1973. "Devaluation, Money, and Nontraded Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 871-80, December.
- Karen E. Dynan, 2000. "Habit Formation in Consumer Preferences: Evidence from Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 391-406, June.
- Dani Rodrik, 1992. "The Limits of Trade Policy Reform in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 87-105, Winter.
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay, 2000. "The Transition Economies After Ten Years," IMF Working Papers 00/30, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:pal:imfstp:v:42:y:1995:i:2:p:290-312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruton, H.J., 1998. "A Reconsideration of Import Substitution," Center for Development Economics 156, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gai:rpaper:113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.