The Demand for Imports and Exports in Japan: A Survey
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 11 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Akhtar, M.A., 1981. "Manufacturing Import Functions for Canada, Japan and the United States," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 22(1), pages 61-71, June.
- Robert Corker, 1989. "External Adjustment and the Strong Yen: Recent Japanese Experience," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(2), pages 464-493, June.
- John F. Wilson & Wendy E. Takacs, 1977.
"Differential responses to price and exchange rate influences in the foreign trade of selected industrial countries,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
104, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Wilson, John F & Takacs, Wendy E, 1979. "Differential Responses to Price and Exchange Rate Influences in the Foreign Trade of Selected Industrial Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 267-79, May.
- Bushe, Dennis M & Kravis, Irving B & Lipsey, Robert E, 1986. "Prices, Activity, and Machinery Exports: An Analysis Based on New Price Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(2), pages 248-55, May.
- Daniel Citrin, 1985. "Exchange Rate Changes and Exports of Selected Japanese Industries (Variations du taux de change et exportations de diverses industries japonaises) (Las variaciones de los tipos de cambio y las exporta," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(3), pages 404-429, September.
- X. L. Wu, 1992. "A Comparison Of Tobit And Ols Estimates Of Japanese Peanut Import Demand," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 38-42.
- Marquez, Jaime, 1988. "Cyclical and secular trade elasticities : An application to LDC exports," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 71-76, March.
- Jaime Marquez, 1992. "Spectral estimation of secular and cyclical elasticities for bilateral trade," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 91-97, Autumn.
- Ohtani, Kazuhiro & Kakimoto, Sumio & Abe, Kenzo, 1990. "A gradual switching regression model with a flexible transition path," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 43-48, January.
- Khan, Mohsm S. & Ross, Knud Z., 1977. "The functional form of the aggregate import demand equation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 149-160, May.
- Cima, Lawrence R, 1986. "The Excess Supply-Pure Demand Approach to International Commodity Trade: The Case of Japanese Steel Exports to the United States," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 645-56, October.
- Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 1996. "Japanese import behavior and cointegration: A comment," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 583-601, December.
- Warner, Dennis & Kreinin, Mordechai E, 1983. "Determinants of International Trade Flows," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 96-104, February.
- Bailey, Martin J. & Tavlas, George S. & Ulan, Michael, 1987. "The impact of exchange-rate volatility on export growth: Some theoretical considerations and empirical results," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 225-243.
- Stern, Robert M & Baum, Christopher F & Greene, Mark N, 1979. "Evidence on Structural Change in the Demand for Aggregate U.S. Imports and Exports," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 179-92, February.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S., 1985. "Income and price effects in foreign trade," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1041-1105 Elsevier.
- Moshirian, Fariborz, 1993. "Determinants of International Trade Flows in Travel and Passenger Services," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(206), pages 239-52, September.
- Clinton R. Shiells & Kenneth A. Reinert, 1993. "Armington Models and Terms-of-Trade Effects: Some Econometric Evidence for North America," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 299-316, May.
- Dwight Phaup, E., 1981. "The demand for imports: Estimates of bilateral trade flows," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 97-115.
- Kroner, Kenneth F. & Lastrapes, William D., 1993. "The impact of exchange rate volatility on international trade: Reduced form estimates using the GARCH-in-mean model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 298-318, June.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1994. "Japanese import demand behavior: The cointegration approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 291-298, June.
- Geraci, Vincent J & Prewo, Wilfried, 1982. "An Empirical Demand and Supply Model of Multilateral Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 432-41, August.
- Thursby, Jerry G & Thursby, Marie C, 1984. "How Reliable Are Simple, Single Equation Specifications of Import Demand?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 120-28, February.
- Marquez, Jaime, 1990. "Bilateral Trade Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 70-77, February.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S, 1978. "The Supply and Demand for Exports: A Simultaneous Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 275-86, May.
- Marquez, Jaime & McNeilly, Caryl, 1988. "Income and Price Elasticities for Exports of Developing Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 306-14, May.
- Peter A. Petri, 1991. "Market Structure, Comparative Advantage, and Japanese Trade under the Strong Yen," NBER Chapters, in: Trade with Japan: Has the Door Opened Wider?, pages 51-84 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asseery, A. & Peel, D. A., 1991. "Estimates of a traditional aggregate import demand model for five countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 435-439, April.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1989. "Hysteresis, Import Penetration, and Exchange Rate Pass-Through," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(2), pages 205-28, May.
- Michael C. Deppler & Duncan M. Ripley, 1978. "The World Trade Model: Merchandise Trade," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(1), pages 147-206, March.
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 1991. "How Open is Japan?," NBER Chapters, in: Trade with Japan: Has the Door Opened Wider?, pages 9-50 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murray, Tracy & Ginman, Peter J, 1976. "An Empirical Examination of the Traditional Aggregate Import Demand Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(1), pages 75-80, February.
- Cole, Ismail Miniru, 1995. "Japanese import price elasticities by region of origin: 1968-1988," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 131-138, May.
- Shiells, Clinton R, 1991. "Errors in Import-Demand Estimates Based upon Unit-Value Indexes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 378-82, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:11:y:1997:i:2:p:247-259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.