How Open is Japan?
In: Trade with Japan: Has the Door Opened Wider?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Corker, 1989. "External Adjustment and the Strong Yen: Recent Japanese Experience," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(2), pages 464-493, June.
- Gary R. Saxonhouse, 1989.
"Differentiated Products, Economies of Scale, and Access to the Japanese Market,"
NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policies for International Competitiveness, pages 145-184
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saxonhouse, G.R., 1988. "Differentiated Products, Economies Of Scale And Access To The Japanese Market," Working Papers 228, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Marcus Noland & Bela Balassa, 1988. "Japan in the World Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 0412.
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 1987. "Imports in Japan: Closed Markets or Minds?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(2), pages 517-554.
- Alan Rugman, 1980. "Internalization as a general theory of foreign direct investment: A re-appraisal of the literature," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 116(2), pages 365-379, June.
- repec:fth:michin:228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perry, Martin K, 1978. "Vertical Integration: The Monopsony Case," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 561-570, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noland, Marcus, 1996. "Trade, investment, and economic conflict between the United States and Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 435-458.
- Menon, Jayant, 1997. "Japan's Intraindustry Trade Dynamics," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 123-142, June.
- Sazanami, Yoko & Kimura, Fukunari & Kawai, Hiroki, 1997. "Sectoral Price Movements under the Yen Appreciation," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 611-641, December.
- Eaton Jonathan & Tamura Akiko, 1994.
"Bilateralism and Regionalism in Japanese and U.S. Trade and Direct Foreign Investment Patterns,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 478-510, December.
- Jonathan Eaton & Akilo Tamura, 1994. "Bilateralism and Regionalism in Japanese and U.S. Trade and Direct Foreign Investment Patterns," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 48, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Jonathan Eaton & Akiko Tamura, 1995. "Bilateralism and Regionalism in Japanese and U.S. Trade and Direct Foreign Investment Patterns," NBER Working Papers 4758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kotabe, Masaaki & Wheiler, Kent W., 1998. "Perceptions of anticompetitive practices in Japan and the market performance of foreign firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 173-200, November.
- Sawyer, W. Charles & Sprinkle, Richard L., 1997. "The Demand for Imports and Exports in Japan: A Survey," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 247-259, June.
- Ceglowski, Janet, 1996. "The recent behavior of Japanese imports: A disaggregated analysis," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 443-457, December.
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 1993. "Japan's Different Trade Regime: An Analysis with Particular Reference to Seiretsu," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 3-19, Summer.
- Noland, Marcus, 1995. "Why are prices in Japan so high?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 255-261, September.
- Ceglowski, Janet, 1997. "On the structural stability of trade equations: the case of Japan," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 491-512, June.
- Eric D. , Ramstetter, 2016. "Experiences with Foreign Workers in Singapore and Malaysia: What are the Lessons for Japan's Labor Markets?," AGI Working Paper Series 2016-06, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi, 1998. "Price flexibility in Japan, 1970-1992: A study of price formation1," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 639-664, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:8659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .