Credibility and Reputation Building in the Developmental State: A Model with East Asian Applications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aymo Brunetti & Beatrice Weder, 1994. "Political credibility and economic growth in less developed countries," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 23-43, December.
- Kreps, David M. & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John & Wilson, Robert, 1982.
"Rational cooperation in the finitely repeated prisoners' dilemma,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 245-252, August.
- David Kreps & Paul Milgrom & John Roberts & Bob Wilson, 2010. "Rational Cooperation in the Finitely Repeated Prisoners' Dilemma," Levine's Working Paper Archive 239, David K. Levine.
- Nicholas Crafts, 1999. "East Asian Growth Before and After the Crisis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(2), pages 1-2.
- Roemer, M, 1996. "Could Asian Policies Propel African Growth?," Papers 543, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1991. "What Happened to Political Development?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(2), pages 265-292, January.
- Christian Harm & Joshua Charap, 1999. "Institutionalized Corruption and the Kleptocratic State," IMF Working Papers 99/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1988. "Alternative approaches to development economics," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 39-71 Elsevier.
- Huff, W. G., 1995. "The developmental state, government, and Singapore's economic development since 1960," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1421-1438, August.
- Kohli, Atul, 1994. "Where do high growth political economies come from? The Japanese lineage of Korea's "developmental state"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1269-1293, September.
- Dani Rodrik, 2000.
"Institutions for High-Quality Growth: What They are and How to Acquire Them,"
NBER Working Papers
7540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2000. "Institutions For High-Quality Growth: What They Are And How To Acquire Them," CEPR Discussion Papers 2370, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hal Hill, 2000.
"Indonesia: The Strange and Sudden Death of a Tiger Economy,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 117-139.
- Hal Hill, 1999. "Indonesia : The Strange and Sudden Death of a Tiger Economy," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 199913, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1996. "Some Lessons from the East Asian Miracle," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 151-177, August.
- Marcus Miller & Pongsak Luangaram, 1998.
"Financial crisis in East Asia: bank runs, asset bubbles and antidotes,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 165(1), pages 66-82, July.
- Marcus Miller & Pongsak Luangaram, 1998. "Financial Crisis in East Asia: Bank Runs, Asset Bubbles and Antidotes," CSGR Working papers series 11/98, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- Bruton, H.J., 1998. "A Reconsideration of Import Substitution," Center for Development Economics 156, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Syrquin, Moshe, 1988. "Patterns of structural change," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 203-273 Elsevier.
- Nicholas Snowden, 1999. "The international financial architecture after the Asian crisis: learning from Las Vegas?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 107-119.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1992. "Political economy and development policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 329-336, April.
- Peter Evans, 1998. "Transferable lessons? Re-examining the institutional prerequisites of East Asian economic policies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 66-86.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- Grabowski, Richard, 1994. "The successful developmental state: Where does it come from?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 413-422, March.
- Campos, Jose Edgardo & Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 2000. "Credible Commitment and Success with Public Enterprise Reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 221-243, February.
- Wade, Robert, 1998. "The Asian debt-and-development crisis of 1997-?: Causes and consequences," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1535-1553, August.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:87:y:1993:i:03:p:567-576_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1990. "Symposium on the State and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 3-7, Summer.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
- Henry J. Bruton, 1998. "A Reconsideration of Import Substitution," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 903-936, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyle, Jordan, 2017. "Perspectives on the role of the state in economic development: Taking stock of the â€œDevelopmental Stateâ€ after 35 years," IFPRI discussion papers 1597, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Padin, Jose A., 2003. "Puerto Rico in the Post War: Liberalized Development Banking and the Fall of the "Fifth Tiger"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 281-301, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:29:y:2001:i:4:p:711-724. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.