The Hazard of Moral Hazard: Untangling the Asian Crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jomo K.S. & M. Rock, 1998. "Economic Diversification And Primary Commodity Processing In The Second-Tier South-East Asian Newly Industrializing Countries," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 136, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1998. "Korea: The misunderstood crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1555-1561, August.
- Yilmaz Akyuz & Ha-Joon Chang & Richard Kozul-Wright, 1998. "New perspectives on East Asian development," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 4-36.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1996. "Some Lessons from the East Asian Miracle," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 151-177, August.
- Taylor, Lance, 1998. "Capital Market Crises: Liberalisation, Fixed Exchange Rates and Market-Driven Destabilisation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 663-676, November.
- McKinnon, Ronald I. & Pill, Huw, 1998.
"International Overborrowing: A Decomposition of Credit and Currency Risks,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1267-1282, July.
- Ronald I. McKinnon & Huw Pill, 1998. "International Overborrowing: A Decomposition of Credit and Currency Risks," Working Papers 98004, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Palma, Gabriel, 1998. "Three and a Half Cycles of 'Mania, Panic, and [Asymmetric] Crash': East Asia and Latin America Compared," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 789-808, November.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1993. "The Political Economy of Industrial Policy in Korea," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 131-157, June.
- Chang, Ha-Joon & Park, Hong-Jae & Yoo, Chul Gyue, 1998. "Interpreting the Korean Crisis: Financial Liberalisation, Industrial Policy and Corporate Governance," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 735-746, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Singh, Ajit & Sheng, Andrew, 2011.
"Islamic finance revisited: conceptual and analytical issues from the perspective of conventional economics,"
39007, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Apr 2012.
- Sheng, Andrew & Singh, Ajit, 2013. "Islamic Finance Revisited: Conceptual and Analytical Issues from the Perspective of Conventional Economics," MPRA Paper 53036, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sheng, A. & Singh, A., 2012. "Islamic Finance Revisited: Conceptual and Analytical Issues from the Perspective of Conventional Economics," Working Papers wp430, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Panicos O Demetriades, 1999. "Financial Liberalization and Credit-Asset Booms and Busts in East Asia," Discussion Papers in Economics 00/6, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Jan 2000.
- Nigel Driffield & Sarmistha Pal, 2010.
"Evolution of capital structure in east Asia-corporate inertia or endeavours?,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 173(1), pages 1-29.
- Driffield, Nigel & Pal, Sarmistha, 2008. "Evolution of Capital Structure in East Asia: Corporate Inertia or Endeavours?," IZA Discussion Papers 3426, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nigel Driffield & Sarmistha Pal, 2008. "Evolution of Capital Strcture in East Asia: Corporate Inertia or Endeavours?," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-04, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Sarmistha Pal & Nigel Driffield, 2016. "Evolution of Capital Structure in East Asia: Corporate Inertia or Endeavours?," Working Papers id:8465, eSocialSciences.
- Abdel-Baki Monal A., 2012. "Coalitions within the Egyptian Banking Sector: Catalysts of the Popular Revolution," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-26, April.
- José Luis Hernández Mota, 2016. "Gasto público y complementariedad productiva: un análisis de la economía mexicana, 1980-2012," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, vol. 35(Especial ), pages 315-352, January.
- Gary Dymski, 2011. "The International Debt Crisis," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Globalisation, Second Edition, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Asad Zaman & null Faiz-Ur-Rahim, 2009. "Corruption: measuring the unmeasurable," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 117-126, May.
- Ajit Singh, 2003.
"Corporate governance, corporate finance and stock markets in emerging countries,"
wp258, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Singh, Ajit, 2003. "Corporate governance, corporate finance and stock markets in emerging countries," MPRA Paper 24302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sajid Anwar & Desh Gupta, 2006. "Financial Restructuring and Economic Growth in Thailand," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 113-127.
- Eddy S. Fang, 2014. "Islamic finance in global markets: Materialism, ideas and the construction of financial knowledge," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(6), pages 1170-1202, December.
- Kenc, Turalay & Ozkan, Aydin & Ozkan, F. Gulcin, 2005. "Corporate bankruptcies and official bail-outs: A cost-benefit analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 437-453, December.
- Marie-Laure Djelic & Joel Bothello, 2013. "Limited liability and its moral hazard implications: the systemic inscription of instability in contemporary capitalism," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/153e5es3a89, Sciences Po.
- Haagh Louise, 2007. "Basic Income, Occupational Freedom and Antipoverty Policy," Basic Income Studies, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-6, June.
- János Kornai, 2014. "The soft budget constraint," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 64(supplemen), pages 25-79, November.
- Pompeo Della Posta, 2002. "Modelli di crisi valutarie e misure di politica economica," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 55(219), pages 237-262.
- Gellert, Paul K., 2005. "The Shifting Natures of "Development": Growth, Crisis, and Recovery in Indonesia's Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1345-1364, August.
- Kornai, János, 2014.
"Bevezetés A puha költségvetési korlát című kötethez
[Introduction to the author s volume entitled Soft Budget Constraint]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 845-897.
- Ajit Singh, 2003.
"Competition, corporate governance and selection in emerging markets,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 443-464, November.
- Ajit Singh, 2002. "Competition, corporate governance and selection in emerging markets," Working Papers wp247, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ha-Joon Chang, 2006. "La relación entre las instituciones y el desarrollo económico. Problemas teóricos claves," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 8(14), pages 125-136, January-J.
- HONIG, Adam & JAIN-CHANDRA, Sonali, 2006. "Micro-Level Evidence on the Role of MoralHazard in the Asian Financial Crisis," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(1).
- Jack Glen & Ajit Singh, 2005.
"Corporate Governance, Competition, and Finance: Re-thinking Lessons from the Asian Crisis,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 219-243, Spring.
- Jack Glen & Ajit Singh, 2004. "Corporate Governance, Competition And Finance: Re-Thinking Lessons From The Asian Crisis," Working Papers wp288, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- James Wang, 2010. "The Political Economy of Collective Labour Legislation in Taiwan," Journal of Current Chinese Affairs - China aktuell, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 39(3), pages 51-85.
- Andrews, Matthew, 2008. "Are One-Best-Way Models of Effective Government Suitable for Developing Countries?," Working Paper Series rwp08-014, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:28:y:2000:i:4:p:775-788. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.