Korea: The misunderstood crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yilmaz Akyuz & Ha-Joon Chang & Richard Kozul-Wright, 1998. "New perspectives on East Asian development," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 4-36.
- You, Jong-Il & Chang, Ha-Joon, 1993. "The Myth of Free Labour Market in Korea," Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(0), pages 29-46.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1993. "The Political Economy of Industrial Policy in Korea," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 131-157, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernd Hayo & Doh Shin, 2002.
"Mass Attitudes Toward Financial Crisis and Economic Reform in Korea,"
Development and Comp Systems
0205003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bernd Hayo, 2005. "Mass Attidudes Toward Financial Crisis and Economic Reform in Korea," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200504, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Gary Dymski & James Crotty, 2000. "Can the Global Neoliberal Regime Survive Victory in Asia? The Political Economy of the Asian Crisis," Published Studies ps5, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Jiho Jang, 2003. "Economic Crisis and its Consequences," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 51-70, April.
- Chung H Lee & Keun Lee & Kangkoo Lee, 2000.
"Chaebol, Financial Liberalization, and Economic Crisis: Transformation of Quasi-Internal Organization in Korea,"
200004, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Chung H. Lee, Keun Lee and Kangkoo Lee, 2000. "Chaebol, Financial Liberalization, and Economic Crisis: Transformation of Quasi-Internal Organization in Korea," Working Paper Series no31, Institute of Economic Research, Seoul National University.
- Kinkyo, Takuji, 2007. "Explaining Korea's Lower Investment Levels After the Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1120-1133, July.
- Kang-Kook Lee & James Crotty, 2004. "Was the IMF's Imposition of Economic Regime Change Justified? A Critique of the IMF's Economic and Political Role in Korea During and After the Crisis," Working Papers wp77, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Philip Arestis, 2003.
"Financial Sector Reforms in Developing Countries with Special Reference to Egypt,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_383, Levy Economics Institute.
- Philip Arestis, 2003. "Financial Sector Reforms in Developing Countries with Special reference to Egypt," Economic History 0307001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henderson, Jeffrey, 2002. "Globalisation on the Ground: Global Production Networks, Competition, Regulation and Economic Development," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30605, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Khan, Haider, 2013. "Basel III, BIS and Global Financial Governance," MPRA Paper 49513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexandr Akimov & Brian Dollery, 2009. "Financial System Development in Indonesia and South Korea in 1980s and early 1990s: Policies and Outcomes," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:200906, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Santonu Basu, 2003. "Why do Banks Fail?," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 231-248.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 2000. "The Hazard of Moral Hazard: Untangling the Asian Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 775-788, April.
- Bernd Hayo & Doh Chull Shin, 2002.
"Popular Reaction to the Intervention by the IMF in the Korean Economic Crisis,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 89-100.
- Hayo, Bernd & Shin, Doh Chull, 2002. "Popular reaction to the intervention by the IMF in the Korean economic crisis," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 121, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Bernd Hayo & Doh Chull Shin, 2002. "Popular Reaction to the Intervention by the IMF in the Korean Economic Crisis," Development and Comp Systems 0204001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Hundt, 2005. "A Legitimate Paradox: Neo-liberal Reform and the Return of the State in Korea," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 242-260.
- Khan, Haider, 2013. "Global Financial Governance: Towards a New Global Financial Architecture for Averting Deep Financial Crises," MPRA Paper 49275, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haider Ali Khan, 2002. "The Extended Panda's Thumb and a New Global Financial Architecture," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-163, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Pompeo Della Posta, 2002. "Modelli di crisi valutarie e misure di politica economica," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 55(219), pages 237-262.
- Machiko Nissanke & Howard Stein, 2003. "Financial Globalization and Economic Development: Toward an Institutional Foundation," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 287-308, Spring.
- Kim, Wonjoon, 2015. "The current transition in management of technology education: The case of Korea," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 5-20.
- Lucinda, Cláudio Ribeiro de & Farias, Lauro Emilio Gonzalez, 2007. "Crises financeiras recentes e poupança externa," Textos para discussão 166, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Khan, Haider, 2011. "Constructing Global Governance of Global Finance: Towards a Hybrid Global Financial Architecture," MPRA Paper 40249, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2012.
- Khan, Haider, 2013. "Deep Financial Crises, Reforming the IMF and Building Regional Autonomy:Towards a New Hybrid Global Financial Architecture," MPRA Paper 49514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Arestis, 2002. "Financial crisis in Southeast Asia: dispelling illusion the Minskyan way," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 237-260, March.
- Padin, Jose A., 2003. "Puerto Rico in the Post War: Liberalized Development Banking and the Fall of the "Fifth Tiger"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 281-301, February.
- Andrews, Matthew, 2008. "Are One-Best-Way Models of Effective Government Suitable for Developing Countries?," Working Paper Series rwp08-014, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:8:p:1555-1561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.