Real Sector Shocks and Monetary Policy Responses in a in a financially vulnerable Emerging Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Makarand Parulkar, 2008. "Real Sector Shocks and Monetary Policy Responses in a Financially Vulnerable Emerging Economy," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 21-33, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baig, Taimur & Goldfajn, Ilan, 2002.
"Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crises: The Case of Asia,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 92-112, February.
- Taimur Baig & Ilan Goldfajn, 1998. "Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crises; The Case of Asia," IMF Working Papers 98/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Taimur Baig, 1999. "Monetary policy in the aftermath of currency crisis: the case of Asia," Textos para discussão 399, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Cipollini, Andrea & Demetriades, Panicos O., 2005.
"Monetary policy and the exchange rate during the Asian crisis: identification through heteroscedasticity,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-53, February.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini & Panicos Demetriades, 2000. "Monetary Policy and the Exchange Rate During the Asian Crisis Identification Through Heteroscedasticity," Discussion Papers in Economics 00/11, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester, revised Feb 2002.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini & Panicos Demetriades, 2003. "Monetary Policy and the Exchange Rate During the Asian Crisis: Identification Through Heteroscedasticity," CEIS Research Paper 23, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Peter J. Montiel, 2003. "Tight Money in a Post-Crisis Defense of the Exchange Rate: What Have We Learned?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 18(1), pages 1-23.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit, 2000.
"A simple model of monetary policy and currency crises,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 728-738, May.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 1999. "A Simple Model of Monetary Pollicy and Currency Crises," Working Papers 99.05, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Philippe AGHION & Philippe BACCHETTA & Abhijit BANERJEE, 1999. "A Simple Model of Monetary Policy and Currency Crises," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 9914, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Rupa Duttagupta & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2004.
"What Happened to Asian Exports During the Crisis?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(1), pages 1-4.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Rupa Duttagupta, 2000. "What Happened to Asian Exports During the Crisis?," IMF Working Papers 00/200, International Monetary Fund.
- Duttagupta, Rupa & Spilimbergo, Antonio, 2003. "What Happened to Asian Exports During the Crisis?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4158, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ratna Sahay & Deepak Mishra & Poonam Gupta, 2003. "Output Response to Currency Crises," IMF Working Papers 03/230, International Monetary Fund.
- Graham Bird & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2004. "Does devaluation lead to economic recovery or contraction? Theory and policy with reference to Thailand," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 141-156.
- Boorman, Jack & Lane, Timothy & Schulze-Ghattas, Marianne & Bulir, Ales & Ghosh, Atish R. & Hamann, Javier & Mourmouras, Alex & Phillips, Steven, 2000.
"Managing financial crises: the experience in East Asia,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-67, December.
- Timothy D. Lane & A. J Hamann & Marianne Schulze-Gattas & Ales Bulir & Steven T Phillips & Atish R. Ghosh & Alex Mourmouras & Jack Boorman, 2000. "Managing Financial Crises; The Experience in East Asia," IMF Working Papers 00/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Drazen, Allan & Hubrich, Stefan, 2003. "Mixed Signals in Defending the Exchange Rate: What do the Data Say?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4050, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Đorđe Đukić & Mališa Đukić, 2009. "The Global Financial Crisis and the Behaviour of Short-Term Interest Rates International and Serbian Aspects," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 56(4), pages 491-506, December.
- Talavera, Oleksandr & Tsapin, Andriy & Zholud, Oleksandr, 2012.
"Macroeconomic uncertainty and bank lending: The case of Ukraine,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 279-293.
- Oleksandr Talavera & Andriy Tsapin & Oleksandr Zholud, 2006. "Macroeconomic Uncertainty and Bank Lending: The Case of Ukraine," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 637, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tkalec, Marina & Vizek, Maruška & Verbič, Miroslav, 2014. "Balance sheet effects and original sinners’ risk premiums," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 597-613.
More about this item
Keywordsinterest rate; exchange rate; vulnerable economy; monetary policy; monetary model; real economy; Economics; Macroeconomics; Public Finance; Indian Economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.