Monetary policy and exchange market pressure: The case of the Philippines
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evan C Tanner, 1999.
"Exchange Market Pressure and Monetary Policy; Asia and Latin America in the 1990s,"
IMF Working Papers
- Evan Tanner, 2001. "Exchange Market Pressure and Monetary Policy: Asia and Latin America in the 1990s," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(3), pages 1-2.
- Boorman, Jack & Lane, Timothy & Schulze-Ghattas, Marianne & Bulir, Ales & Ghosh, Atish R. & Hamann, Javier & Mourmouras, Alex & Phillips, Steven, 2000.
"Managing financial crises: the experience in East Asia,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-67, December.
- Timothy D. Lane & A. Javier Hamann & Marianne Schulze-Gattas & Ales Bulir & Steven T Phillips & Atish R. Ghosh & Alex Mourmouras & Jack Boorman, 2000. "Managing Financial Crises; The Experience in East Asia," IMF Working Papers 00/107, .
- Maria Socorro Gochoco-Bautista, 2001. "What Drives Monetary Policy?," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 200105, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- David M. Gould & Steven B. Kamin, 1999.
"The impact of monetary policy on exchange rates during financial crises,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- David M. Gould & Steven B. Kamin, 2000. "The impact of monetary policy on exchange rates during financial crises," International Finance Discussion Papers 669, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Taimur Baig & Ilan Goldfajn, 1998.
"Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crises; The Case of Asia,"
IMF Working Papers
- Baig, Taimur & Goldfajn, Ilan, 2002. "Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crises: The Case of Asia," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 92-112, February.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Taimur Baig, 1999. "Monetary policy in the aftermath of currency crisis: the case of Asia," Textos para discussão 399, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel, 1999.
"What caused the Asian currency and financial crisis?,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-373, October.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 343, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Corsetti, G. & Pesenti, P. & Roubini, N., 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Papers 343, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Evan C Tanner, 2002. "Exchange Market Pressure, Currency Crises, and Monetary Policy; Additional Evidence From Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 02/14, .
- Amartya Lahiri & Carlos A. Vegh, 2000. "Delaying the Inevitable: Optimal Interest Rate Policy and BOP Crises," NBER Working Papers 7734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amartya Lahiri & Carlos A. Vegh, 2001.
"Living with the Fear of Floating: An Optimal Policy Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
8391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amartya Lahiri & Carlos A. Végh, 2002. "Living with the Fear of Floating: An Optimal Policy Perspective," NBER Chapters, in: Preventing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 663-704 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kraay, Aart, 2000.
"Do high interest rates defend currencies during speculative attacks ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2267, The World Bank.
- Kraay, Aart, 2003. "Do high interest rates defend currencies during speculative attacks?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 297-321, March.
- Francisco d Nadal De Simone & Weshah Razzak, 1999. "Nominal Exchange Rates and Nominal Interest Rate Differentials," IMF Working Papers 99/141, .
- Atish R. Ghosh & Gabriela Basurto, 2000. "The Interest Rate-Exchange Rate Nexus in the Asian Crisis Countries," IMF Working Papers 00/19, .
- Ilan Goldfajn & Poonam Gupta, 1999.
"Does Monetary Policy Stabilize the Exchange Rate Following a Currency Crisis?,"
IMF Working Papers
- Ilan Goldfajn & Poonam Gupta, 2003. "Does Monetary Policy Stabilize the Exchange Rate Following a Currency Crisis?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(1), pages 1-5.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Poonam Gupta, 1999. "Does monetary policy stabilize the exchange rate following a currency crisis?," Textos para discussão 396, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
- G. C. Lim & Guy Debelle, 1998. "Preliminary Considerations of an Inflation Targeting Framework for the Philippines," IMF Working Papers 98/39, .
- Chang-Jin Kim & Charles R. Nelson, 1999. "State-Space Models with Regime Switching: Classical and Gibbs-Sampling Approaches with Applications," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262112388, December.
- Michael R. Pakko, 1999.
"Do high interest rates stem capital outflows?,"
1999-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don, 1977. "A Monetary Model of Exchange Market Pressure Applied to the Postwar Canadian Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 537-548, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:27:y:2005:i:1:p:153-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.