Citations for "The Use of Unit Values to Discriminate between Price and Quality Competition"
by Aiginger, Karl
- Donatella Baiardi & Carluccio Bianchi & Eleonora Lorenzini, 2014. "Food competition in world markets: Some evidence from a panel data analysis of top exporting countries," DEM Working Papers Series 083, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Karl Aiginger & Susanne Sieber, 2009. "Industrial Policy in Austria: From Selective Intervention to a More Systematic Approach," WIFO Working Papers 337, WIFO.
- Juan Carlos Hallak & Peter K. Schott, 2011.
"Estimating Cross-Country Differences in Product Quality,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 126(1), pages 417-474.
- Juan Carlos Hallak & Peter K. Schott, 2008. "Estimating Cross-Country Differences in Product Quality," NBER Working Papers 13807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark J. Gehlhar & Daniel H. Pick, 2001. "Food trade balances and unit values: What can they reveal about price competition?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 61-79.
- Uwe Dulleck & Neil Foster-McGregor & Robert Stehrer & Julia Wörz, 2004. "Dimensions of Quality Upgrading in CEECs," wiiw Working Papers 29, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Karl Aiginger & Matthias Firgo, 2015. "Regional Competitiveness Under New Perspectives," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 26, WWWforEurope.
- Thannaletchimy Thanagopal & Pierre Le Mouel & Arnaud Fourgeyrollas & Paul Zagamé, 2014. "Re-estimating International Elasticity of Substitution - A Preliminary Study of Quality Effect on Trade," International Journal of Economic Sciences, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2014(1), pages 64-77.
- Hubert Gabrisch & Maria Luigia Segnana, 2002. "Intra-industry trade between European Union and Transition Economies. Does income distribution matter?," IWH Discussion Papers 155, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Curzi, Daniele & Raimondi, Valentina & Olper, Alessandro, 2013.
"Quality Upgrading, Competition and Trade Policy: Evidence from the Agri-Food Sector,"
Proceedings Issues, 2013: Productivity and Its Impacts on Global Trade, June 2-4, 2013. Seville, Spain
152387, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Curzi, Daniele & Raimondi, Valentina & Olper, Alessandro, 2014. "Quality Upgrading, Competition and Trade Policy: Evidence from the Agri-Food Sector," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182756, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Curzi, Daniele & Raimondi, Valentina & Olper, Alessandro, 2013. "Quality Upgrading, Competition and Trade Policy: Evidence from the Agri-Food Sector," Proceedings Issues, 2013: Productivity and Its Impacts on Global Trade, June 2-4, 2013. Seville, Spain 152386, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Darian Woods & Andrew Coleman, 2012. "Price, Quality, and International Agricultural Trade," Working Papers 12_08, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Agostino, Mariarosaria & Trivieri, Francesco, 2014. "Geographical indication and wine exports. An empirical investigation considering the major European producers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 22-36.
- Kiyotaka Sato & Junko Shimizu & Nagendra Shrestha & Shajuan Zhang, 2013. "Industry-specific Real Effective Exchange Rates and Export Price Competitiveness: The Cases of Japan, China, and Korea," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 8(2), pages 298-321, December.
- Xifré, Ramon, 2014. "The Competitiveness of the Spanish Economy -- A Bird's-eye View on the Four Largest Euro Area Economies," IESE Research Papers D/1088, IESE Business School.
- Michael A. Landesmann, 2003. "Structural features of economic integration in an enlarged Europe: patterns of catching-up and industrial specialisation," European Economy - Economic Papers 181, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Foders, Federico & Vogelsang, Manuel Molina, 2014. "Why is Germany's manufacturing industry so competitive?," Kiel Policy Brief 69, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Karl Aiginger & Susanne Bärenthaler-Sieber & Johanna Vogel, 2013. "Competitiveness under New Perspectives," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 44, WWWforEurope.
- Karl Aiginger & Michael Landesmann, 2002. "Competitive Economic Performance: The European View," WIFO Working Papers 179, WIFO.
- JuhÃ¡sz, AnikÃ³ & Wagner, Hartmut, 2013. "An analysis of Hungarian agri-food export competitiveness," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 115(3), December.
- Gabor Pula & Daniel Santabárbara, 2012.
"Is china climbing up the quality ladder?,"
Banco de Espa�a Working Papers
1209, Banco de Espa�a.
- Pula, Gabor & Daniel Santabarbara, Daniel, 2012. "Is China climbing up the quality ladder?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 23/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Pula, Gabor & Santabárbara, Daniel, 2011. "Is China climbing up the quality ladder? Estimating cross country differences in product quality using Eurostat's COMEXT trade database," Working Paper Series 1310, European Central Bank.
- Uwe Dulleck & Neil Foster & Robert stehrer & Julia Wörz, 2003. "Dimensions of quality upgrading - Evidence for CEEC´s," Vienna Economics Papers 0314, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Mayerhofer, Peter, 2002. "Austrian border regions and eastern integration: A low competitiveness - high growth paradoxon," HWWA Discussion Papers 202, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Fedoseeva Svetlana, 2013. "(A)symmetry, (Non)linearity and Hysteresis of Pricing-To-Market: Evidence from German Sugar Confectionery Exports," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Thomas Bernhardt, 2013. "Developing countries in the global apparel value chain: a tale of upgrading and downgrading experiences," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-22, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Bojnec, Stefan & Ferto, Imre, 2006. "Competition and Dynamics in Trade Patterns: Hungarian and Slovenian Agri-Food Trade with the European Unions' Trading Partners," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25760, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ferto, Imre, 2008. "Comparative Advantage And Trade Competitiveness In Hungarian Agriculture," Bulletin of the Szent Istvan University 43326, Szent Istvan University, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- BOJNEC, Stefan & FERTO, Imre, 2009. "Determinants of agro-food trade competition of Central European countries with the European Union," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 327-337, June.
- Ohlan, Ramphul, 2014. "Competitiveness and Trade Performance of India’s Dairy Industry," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 11(2), December.
- Aiginger, K., 1998. "A framework for evaluating the dynamic competitiveness of countries," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 159-188, June.
- Vladimir Benacek & Ladislav Prokop & Jan A. Visek, 2003. "Determining Factors of the Czech Foreign Trade Balance: Structural Issues in Trade Creation," Working Papers 2003/03, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Iga Magda & Anna Wziatek-Kubiak, 2006. "Changes in the Competitive Position of the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland in the EU Market," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0317, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Abdul K. M. Azhar & Robert J. R. Elliott, 2008.
"On the Measurement of Changes in Product Quality in Marginal Intra-Industry Trade,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 144(2), pages 225-247, July.
- A K M Azhar & Robert R J Elliott, 2007. "On the Measurement of Changes in Product Quality in Marginal Intra-Industry Trade," Discussion Papers 07-09, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Fischer, Christian, 2007. "Food quality and product export performance. An empirical investigation of the EU situation," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7877, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kaitila, Ville, 2010. "Quality-adjusted similarity of EU-countriesŽ export structure," Discussion Papers 1227, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Iheb FRIJA, 2008. "La compétitivité de l'industrie d'habillement tunisienne. Atouts et limites (The tunisian clothing industry competitiveness : assets and limits)," Working Papers 200, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Donatella Baiardi & Carluccio Bianchi & Eleonora Lorenzini, 2013.
"Food Competition in World Markets: Some Evidence from a Panel Data Analysis of Top Exporting Countries,"
262, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2013.
- Donatella Baiardi & Carluccio Bianchi & Eleonora Lorenzini, 2013. "Food Competition In World Markets: Some Evidence From A Panel Data Analysis Of Top Exporting Countries," DEM Working Papers Series 060, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Ferto, Imre & Bojnec, Stefan, 2015. "Quality upgrading in the European-Union agri-food exports," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204225, Agricultural Economics Society.
- repec:hal:journl:dumas-00643757 is not listed on IDEAS
- Curzi, Daniele & Pacca, Lucia, 2014.
"Estimating Food Quality from Trade Data: An Empirical Assessment,"
2014 Third Congress, June 25-27, 2014, Alghero, Italy
173106, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Daniele Curzi & Lucia Pacca & Alessandro Olper, 2013. "Estimating Food Quality from Trade Data: An Empirical Assessment," LICOS Discussion Papers 33913, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Olczyk, Magdalena, 2008. "The competitiveness of Polish manufacturing export on the EU market in the years 2004-2006," MPRA Paper 33651, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Karl Aiginger, 2007. "Industrial Policy: A Dying Breed or A Re-emerging Phoenix," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Stefan Schiman & Andreas Reinstaller, 2015. "Analyse der Terms-of-Trade Österreichs," FIW Research Reports series VI-004, FIW.
- Karl Aiginger & Susanne Bärenthaler-Sieber & Johanna Vogel, 2015. "Competitiveness of EU vs. US," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 29, WWWforEurope.
- Gabor Bekes & Balazs Murakozy & Zsuzsa Munkacsi & Gabor Oblath, 2013. "Unit Values, Unit Labor Costs and Trade Performance in Four Central European Countries," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1329, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Karl Aiginger, 2006. "Revisiting an Evasive Concept: Introduction to the Special Issue on Competitiveness," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 63-66, June.
- Michael Böheim, 1999. "Market Opportunities for Austrian Manufacturing Industry," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 4(4), pages 249-260, October.
- Ernst Glatzer & Ernest Gnan & Maria Teresa Valderrama, 2006. "Globalization, Import Prices and Producer Prices in Austria," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 3, pages 24–43.
- Karl Aiginger, 2014.
"Industrial Policy for a Sustainable Growth Path,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Curzi, Daniele & Pacca, Lucia, 2015.
"Price, Quality and Trade Costs in the Food Sector,"
2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy
211554, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Segnana, Maria Luigia, 2003. "Growth at the EU periphery: the next enlargement," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 827-862.
- Woods, Darian, 2012. "Price, Quality, and International Agricultural Trade," 2012 Conference, August 31, 2012, Nelson, New Zealand 136073, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Michaël Freudenberg & Françoise Lemoine, 1999. "Central and Eastern European Countries in the International Division of Labour in Europe," Working Papers 1999-05, CEPII research center.
- Yener Kandogan, 2004. "How Much Restructuring did the Transition Countries Experience? Evidence from Quality of their Exports," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-637, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Eleonora Cavallaro & Piero Esposito & Alessia Matano & Marcella Mulino, 2012.
"Technological catching up, quality of exports and competitiveness: a sectoral perspective,"
158, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Eleonora Cavallaro & Piero Esposito & Alessia Matano & Marcella Mulino, 2013. "Technological Catching Up, Quality of Exports, and Competitiveness: A Sectoral Perspective," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 49(6), pages 4-21, November.
- Brito, Ricardo D. & Chami, Jorge & Souza, Eduardo C., 2012. "The quality-cost choice of R&D in the nations' exports," Insper Working Papers wpe_286, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Fedoseeva, Svetlana, 2013. "Do German exporters PTM? Searching for right answers in sugar confectionery exports," Discussion Papers 62, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Celestino Burguet, 2000. "Measurement of export prices and changes in product quality," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 6(4), pages 619-632, November.
- Karl Aiginger, 2006. "Competitiveness: From a Dangerous Obsession to a Welfare Creating Ability with Positive Externalities," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 161-177, June.
- Warda, Peter, 2014. "Offshoring, Occupations and Job Tasks: Evidence from Swedish Manufacturing," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 375, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Trullen, Joan & Llados, Josep, 2000. "Polinuclear Metropolis And Competitiveness: Changes In Industrial Location And International Trade In Metropolitan Barcelona," ERSA conference papers ersa00p383, European Regional Science Association.
- Abdul Azhar & Robert Elliott, 2011. "A Measure of Trade Induced Adjustment in Volume and Quality Space," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 955-968, November.
- Jean-Louis Racine, 2011. "Harnessing Quality for Global Competitiveness in Eastern Europe and Central Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2305, February.
- Eleonora Cavallaro & Marcella Mulino, 2008. "Vertical Innovation and Catching-Up: Implications of EU Integration for CEECs-5," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 14(3), pages 265-279, August.
- Bernardina Algieri, 2015. "Price and non-price competitiveness in export demand: empirical evidence from Italy," Empirica, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 157-183, February.
- Curzi, Daniele & Olper, Alessandro, 2012. "Export behavior of Italian food firms: Does product quality matter?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 493-503.