Structural features of economic integration in an enlarged Europe: patterns of catching-up and industrial specialisation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabor Hunya, 2002. "Recent Impacts of Foreign Direct Investment on Growth and Restructuring in Central European Transition Countries," wiiw Research Reports 284, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Michael A. Landesmann & Robert Stehrer, 2000. "Industrial Specialization, Catching-up and Labour Market Dynamics," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 67-101, February.
- Aiginger, Karl, 1997. "The Use of Unit Values to Discriminate between Price and Quality Competition," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(5), pages 571-592, September.
- Landesmann, Michael A. & Stehrer, Robert, 2001. "Convergence patterns and switchovers in comparative advantage," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 399-423, December.
- David Greenaway & Robert Hine & Chris Milner, 1994. "Country-specific factors and the pattern of horizontal and vertical intra-industry trade in the UK," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(1), pages 77-100, March.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Michael Landesmann, 2000. "Structural Change in the Transition Economies, 1989 to 1999," wiiw Research Reports 269, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment and Enterprise Restructuring in Central Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(2), pages 477-504, July.
- Jan Fagerberg, 1999. "The Economic Challenge for Europe: Adapting to Innovation-Based Growth," Working Papers 2, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Taylor, M. Scott, 1993. "'Quality ladders' and Ricardian trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3-4), pages 225-243, May.
- Robert Stehrer, 2002. "Dynamics of Trade Integration and Technological Convergence," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 219-244.
- Peter Havlik, 2001. "Transition Countries in 2001: Robust Domestic Demand, Concerns About External Fragility Reappear," wiiw Research Reports 277, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Peter Havlik & Michael Landesmann & Robert Stehrer, 2001. "Competitiveness of CEE Industries: Evidence From Foreign Trade Specialization and Quality Indicators," wiiw Research Reports 278, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Chonira Aturupane & Simeon Djankov & Bernard Hoekman, 1999. "Horizontal and vertical intra-industry trade between Eastern Europe and the European union," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(1), pages 62-81, March.
- Salvatore Baldone & Fabio Sdogati & Lucia Tajoli, 2001. "Patterns and determinants of international fragmentation of production: Evidence from outward processing trade between the EU and Central Eastern European countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(1), pages 80-104, March.
- Jonathan Temple, 1999. "The New Growth Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 112-156, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sébastien Dupuch & Hugues Jennequin & El Mouhoub Mouhoud, 2004.
"EU enlargement: what does it change for the European economic geography?,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 91(5), pages 241-274.
- Sébastien Dupuch & Hughes Jennequin & El Mouhoub Mouhoud, 2004. "EU enlargement: what does it change for the European economic geography?," Post-Print halshs-00206292, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1859 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neményi, Judit, 2003.
"Az euró bevezetésének feltételei Magyarországon
[The conditions for introducing the euro in Hungary]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 479-504.
- Ashoka Mody & Deniz O Igan & Stefania Fabrizio, 2007. "The Dynamics of Product Quality and International Competitiveness," IMF Working Papers 07/97, International Monetary Fund.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, "undated". "FDI, structural change and productivity growth: global supply chains at work in Central and Eastern European countries," IRMO Occasional Papers 3, Institute for Development and International Relations, Zagreb.
- International Monetary Fund, 2006. "Republic of Slovenia; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 06/250, International Monetary Fund.
- Majocchi, Antonio & Presutti, Manuela, 2009. "Industrial clusters, entrepreneurial culture and the social environment: The effects on FDI distribution," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 76-88, February.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2007.
"Integration of CEECs into EU Market: Structural Change and Convergence,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45, pages 611-632, September.
- Maria Paula Fontoura & Nuno Crespo, 2004. "Integration of CEECs into EU Markets: Structural Change and Convergence," Working Papers Department of Economics 2004/15, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Andreea Vass, 2005. "Romania and the trade and the development approaches to CEE convergence with the EU, under the competitive pressures of integration," IWE Working Papers 151, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Alessia Amighini & Stefano Chiarlone, 2005. "New comparative advantages in the Central and Eastern European countries," LIUC Papers in Economics 182, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Michael H. Stierle & Ulrike von Schütz, 2003. "Regional specialisation and sectoral concentration: an empirical analysis for the enlarged EU," ERSA conference papers ersa03p317, European Regional Science Association.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Seppo Honkapohja & John Kay & Willi Leibfritz & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Xavier Vives, 2004. "The 2004 Enlargement: Key Economic Issues," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 96-118, October.
- Luca De Benedictis & Lucia Tajoli, 2005. "Similarity in export composition and catching-up," Working Papers 28-2005, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Oct 2008.
More about this item
Keywordsstructural change; international specialisation; catching-up; convergence; central and eastern europe; eu enlargement; international integration; labour markets; Landesmann;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:euf:ecopap:0181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ECFIN INFO). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dg2ecbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.