The 2004 Enlargement: Key Economic Issues
This chapter presents a “primer” on the ten new members of the EU starting in May 2004. It summarises the income and structural differences between them and the old members of the EU and analyses a number of economic policy issues regarding growth, migration, public finances, trade, foreign direct investment and capital mobility.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Poschingerstrasse 5, 81679 Munich|
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo-group.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Overman, Henry G & Ulltveit-Moe, Karen-Helene & Venables, Anthony J, 2000.
"Comparative Advantage and Economic Geography: Estimating the Location of Production in the EU,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2618, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Midelfart-Knarvik, K.H. & Overman, H.G. & Venables, A.J., 2000. "Comparative Advantage and Economic Geography: Estimating the Location of Production in the EU," Papers 18/00, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto H. Stein & Guillermo Luis Ordoñez, 2003.
"The Currency Union Effect on Trade: Early Evidence from EMU,"
Research Department Publications
4339, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto H. Stein & Guillermo Luis Ordoñez, 2003. "The Currency Union Effect on Trade: Early Evidence from EMU," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6511, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Tondl, Gabriele & Vuksic, Goran, 2003. "What makes regions in Eastern Europe catching up? The role of foreign investment, human resources and geography," ZEI Working Papers B 12-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 2001.
"U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border-City Pairs,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 259-287, September.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1996. "U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border- City Pairs," NBER Working Papers 5425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Wolfgang Ochel, 2003.
"Social Union, Convergence and Migration,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
961, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fritz Breuss, 2001.
"Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement on Old and New Members,"
WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports),
WIFO, vol. 74(11), pages 655-666, November.
- Fritz Breuss, . "Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement for Old and New Members," WIFO Working Papers 143, WIFO.
- Arjan M. Lejour & Ruud A. de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2001.
"EU Enlargement: Economic Implications for Countries and Industries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
585, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arjan Lejour & Ruud de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2001. "EU enlargement: economic implications for countries and industries," CPB Document 11, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Forslid, R. & Haaland, J.I. & Knarvik, K.H.M., 1999.
"A U-Shaped Europe? A Simulation Study of Industrial Location,"
19/99, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Forslid, Rikard & Haaland, Jan I. & Midelfart Knarvik, Karen Helene, 2002. "A U-shaped Europe?: A simulation study of industrial location," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 273-297, August.
- Forslid, Rikard & Haaland, Jan I. & Ulltveit-Moe, Karen-Helene, 1999. "A U-Shaped Europe? A Simulation Study of Industrial Location," CEPR Discussion Papers 2247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Martin Werding, 2001. "Immigration Following EU Eastern Enlargement," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(2), pages 40-47, October.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Mirela Keuschnigg & Wilhelm Kohler, 2001. "The German Perspective on Eastern EU Enlargement," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 513-542, 04.
- Wolfgang Ochel, 2001. "Selektive Einwanderungspolitik: Punktesystem versus Auktionsmodell," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 54(08), pages 32-38, 05.
- Michael A. Landesmann, 2003. "Structural features of economic integration in an enlarged Europe: patterns of catching-up and industrial specialisation," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 181, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto Stein & Guillermo OrdoÒez, 2003. "The currency union effect on trade: early evidence from EMU," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 315-356, October.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Joseph F. Francois & Richard Portes, 1997. "The costs and benefits of eastern enlargement: the impact on the EU and central Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 125-176, 04.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, 04.
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft deutscher wirtschaftswissenschaftlicher Forschungsinstitute, 2003. "Die Lage der Weltwirtschaft und der deutschen Wirtschaft im Herbst 2003," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 56(20), pages 3-41, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:eeagre:v::y:2004:i::p:96-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.