Literature Review on the Economic Effects of the Euro on Austria
The possible impact of the euro on Austria has been widely discussed, as will be shown in this literature review, which focuses above all on the impact of the euro on inflation, foreign trade and economic growth. Not surprisingly, it has been quite difficult to quantify the (specific) impact of the euro, so that the academic literature contains only few hard-and-fast statements about the currency’s impact on Austria. According to the findings of the literature, the purely economic impacts of the single currency appear not to have been very large – other European integration projects that partly relate to monetary union appear to have had a stronger influence on Austria’s economy.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 61, A-1011 Vienna, Austria|
Phone: +43/1/404 20 7405
Fax: +43/1/404 20 7499
Web page: http://www.oenb.at
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Oesterreichische Nationalbank, Documentation Management and Communications Services, Otto-Wagner Platz 3, A-1090 Vienna, Austria|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fritz Breuss & Katrin Rabitsch, 2009.
"An estimated two-country DSGE model of Austria and the Euro Area,"
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 123-158, February.
- Fritz Breuss & Katrin Rabitsch, 2008. "An Estimated Two Country DSGE Model of Austria and the Euro Area," FIW Working Paper series 017, FIW.
- Harald Badinger & Fritz Breuss, 2009. "Country size and the trade effects of the euro," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 145(2), pages 207-223, July.
- Paul Grauwe, 2009. "The Euro at ten: achievements and challenges," Empirica, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 5-20, February.
- Havranek, Tomas, 2009.
"Rose Effect and the Euro: Is the Magic Gone?,"
18479, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Nov 2009.
- Tomáš Havránek, 2010. "Rose effect and the euro: is the magic gone?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 146(2), pages 241-261, June.
- Sergio de Nardis & Carmine Pappalardo & Claudio Vicarelli, 2008. "The Euro adoption’s impact on extensive and intensive margins of trade: the Italian case," ISAE Working Papers 101, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Ernest Gnan & Claudia Kwapil & Maria Teresa Valderrama, 2005. "EU and EMU Entry: A Monetary Policy Regime Change for Austria?," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 53–68.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Virginia Di Nino, 2006.
"Euros and Zeros: The Common Currency Effect on Trade in New Goods,"
NBER Working Papers
12673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard & Di Nino, Virginia, 2006. "Euros and Zeros: The Common Currency Effect on Trade in New Goods," CEPR Discussion Papers 5973, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Baldwin Virginia Di Nino, 2006. "Euros and zeros: The common currency effect on trade in new goods," IHEID Working Papers 21-2006, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised 31 Oct 2006.
- Mark J. Melitz, 2002.
"The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity,"
NBER Working Papers
8881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc J. Melitz, 2003. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1695-1725, November.
- Melitz, Marc J, 2002. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kei-Mu Yi, 2003.
"Can Vertical Specialization Explain the Growth of World Trade?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 52-102, February.
- Kei-Mu Yi, 2000. "Can vertical specialization explain the growth of world trade?," Staff Reports 96, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Silviano Esteve-Pérez & Salvador Gil-Pareja & Rafael Llorca-Vivero & José Antonio Martínez-Serrano, 2011. "The impact of the euro on firm export behaviour: does firm size matter?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(2), pages 355-374, April.
- Ray Barrell & Sylvia Gottschalk & Dawn Holland & Ehsan Khoman & Iana Liadze & Olga Pomerantz, 2008. "The impact of EMU on growth and employment," European Economy - Economic Papers 318, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Antoine Berthou & Lionel Fontagné, 2008. "The Euro and the Intensive and Extensive Margins of Trade: Evidence from French Firm Level Data," Working Papers 2008-06, CEPII research center.
- Richard Baldwin & Virginia DiNino & Lionel Fontagn� & Roberto A. De Santis & Daria Taglioni, 2008. "Study on the Impact of the Euro on Trade and Foreign Direct Investment," European Economy - Economic Papers 321, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto H. Stein & Guillermo Luis Ordoñez, 2003.
"The Currency Union Effect on Trade: Early Evidence from EMU,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6511, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto H. Stein & Guillermo Luis Ordoñez, 2003. "The Currency Union Effect on Trade: Early Evidence from EMU," Research Department Publications 4339, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Thomas Windberger & Achim Zeileis, 2011. "Structural Breaks in Inflation Dynamics within the European Monetary Union," Working Papers 2011-12, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Fritz Breuss & Jorge A. Fornero, 2009. "An Estimated DSGE Model of Austria, the Euro Area and the U.S.: Some Welfare Implications of EMU," FIW Working Paper series 034, FIW.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto Stein & Guillermo OrdoÒez, 2003. "The currency union effect on trade: early evidence from EMU," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 315-356, October.
- Giorgio Barba Navaretti & Matteo Bugamelli & Fabiano Schivardi & Carlo Altomonte & Daniel Horgos & Daniela Maggioni, . "The global operations of European firms - The second EFIGE policy report," Blueprints, Bruegel, number 581, June.
- Charles Wyplosz, 2006. "European Monetary Union: the dark sides of a major success," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(46), pages 207-261, 04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:onb:oenbmp:y:2011:i:3:b:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudia Kwapil)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.