EU and EMU Entry: A Monetary Policy Regime Change for Austria?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 2003.
"Banks and Markets: the Changing Character of European Finance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3865, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Zingales & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2003. "Banks and Markets: The Changing Character of European Finance," NBER Working Papers 9595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1999.
"Legal structure, financial structure, and the monetary policy transmission mechanism,"
Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 5(Jul), pages 9-28.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1999. "Legal Structure, Financial Structure, and the Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism," NBER Working Papers 7151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1996. "The Channels of Monetary Transmission: Lessons for Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 5464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guger, Alois, 1998. "Economic Policy and Social Democracy: The Austrian Experience," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 40-58, Spring.
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Winckler, Georg, 1995.
"The advantages of tying Austria's hands: The success of the hard currency strategy,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 83-111, March.
- Eduard HOCHREITER & Georg WINCKLER, 1993. "The Advantages of Tying Austria's Hands: The Success of the Hard Currency Strategy," Vienna Economics Papers vie9307, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Heinz Handler, 2003. "From Hard Currency Policy to Monetary Union," WIFO Working Papers 210, WIFO.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-398, September.
- Valderrama, Maria Teresa, 2001.
"Credit channel and investment behaviour in Austria: a micro-econometric approach,"
Working Paper Series
108, European Central Bank.
- Maria Teresa Valderrama, 2002. "Credit Channel and Investment Behavior in Austria: A Micro-Econometric Approach," Working Papers 58, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Markus Knell, 2004. "The Role of Revaluation and Adjustment Factors in Pay-As-You-Go Pension Systems," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 55-71.
- de Bondt, Gabe, 2002. "Retail bank interest rate pass-through: new evidence at the euro area level," Working Paper Series 136, European Central Bank.
- Jürgen Janger & Karin Wagner, 2004. "Sectoral Specialization in Austria and in the EU-15," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 37-54.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Josef Christl, 2006. "Regional currency arrangements: insights from Europe," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 209-219, December.
- Theodoros S. Papaspyrou, 2007.
"Economic Policy in EMU: Community Framework and National Strategies – focus on Greece,"
GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe
04, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Papaspyrou, Theodoros S., 2007. "Economic policy in EMU: community framework and national strategies - focus on Greece," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 5631, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nikola Najman & Petr Rozmahel & Lud?k Kouba & Ladislava Grochová, 2013. "Integration of Central and Eastern European Countries: Increasing EU Heterogeneity? WWWforEurope Working Paper No. 9," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 46856, December.
- Christian Beer, 2011. "Literature Review on the Economic Effects of the Euro on Austria," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 3, pages 22-34.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y:2005:i:2:b:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan W. Schmitz, 2016. "The OeNB’s reaction to the end of the Bretton Woods system: tracing the roots of the Indicator," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 3, pages 190-210.
- Raoul Lättemäe, 2001.
"Monetary transmission mechanism in Estonia - some theorethical considerations and stylized aspects,"
Bank of Estonia Working Papers
2001-4, Bank of Estonia, revised 13 Oct 2001.
- Raoul Lättemäe, 2002. "Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Estonia - Some Theoretical Considerations and Stylized Aspects," Macroeconomics 0212001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markus Knell, 2002.
"Wage Formation in Open Economies and the Role of Monetary and Wage-Setting Institutions,"
63, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Knell, Markus, 2003. "Wage Formation in Open Economies and the Role of Monetary and Wage-Setting Institutions," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 124, Royal Economic Society.
- Duncan, Roberto & Martínez-García, Enrique, 2019.
"New perspectives on forecasting inflation in emerging market economies: An empirical assessment,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1008-1031.
- Roberto Duncan & Enrique Martinez-Garcia, 2018. "New Perspectives on Forecasting Inflation in Emerging Market Economies: An Empirical Assessment," Globalization Institute Working Papers 338, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Varlik Serdar & Berument M. Hakan, 2016. "Credit channel and capital flows: a macroprudential policy tool? Evidence from Turkey," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 145-170, January.
- Rashid, Abdul & Hassan, M. Kabir & Shah, Muhammad Abdul Rehman, 2020. "On the role of Islamic and conventional banks in the monetary policy transmission in Malaysia: Do size and liquidity matter?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Clouse James & Henderson Dale & Orphanides Athanasios & Small David H. & Tinsley P.A., 2003.
"Monetary Policy When the Nominal Short-Term Interest Rate is Zero,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-65, September.
- James A. Clouse & Dale W. Henderson & Athanasios Orphanides & David H. Small & Peter A. Tinsley, 2000. "Monetary policy when the nominal short-term interest rate is zero," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- M.M.G. Fase & G.J. de Bondt, 1999. "Institutional environment and monetary transmission in the euro area: a cross-country view (in Dutch)," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 599, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Luis Brandao-Marques & Gaston G Gelos & Thomas Harjes & Ratna Sahay & Yi Xue, 2020. "Monetary Policy Transmission in Emerging Markets and Developing Economies," IMF Working Papers 2020/035, International Monetary Fund.
- Alam, Tasneem & Waheed, Muhammad, 2006. "The monetary transmission mechanism in Pakistan: a sectoral analysis," MPRA Paper 2719, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Apr 2007.
- Cortes, Gustavo S. & Paiva, Claudio A.C., 2017. "Deconstructing credibility: The breaking of monetary policy rules in Brazil," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 31-52.
- Wolman, Alexander L, 2005.
"Real Implications of the Zero Bound on Nominal Interest Rates,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 273-296, April.
- Alexander L. Wolman, 1999. "Real Implications of the Zero Bound on Nominal Interest Rates," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1152, Society for Computational Economics.
- Alexander L. Wolman, 2003. "Real implications of the zero bound on nominal interest rates," Working Paper 03-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Levy Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2010. "Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Dani Rodrik & Mark Rosenzweig (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 4215-4281, Elsevier.
- Muhammad Ali Rizwan & Muhammad Zeeshan Younas & Hafiza Sadaf Zahra & Zartaj Jamil, 2020. "External Monetary Constraints Imposed by Developed Economies on Developing Economies: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," Asian Development Policy Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 8(1), pages 7-29, March.
- Konstantins Benkovskis, 2008. "Is there a Bank Lending Channel of Monetary Policy in Latvia? Evidence from Bank Level Data," Working Papers 2008/01, Latvijas Banka.
- Yunus Aksoy & Paul De Grauwe & Hans Dewachter, 2014.
"Do Asymmetries Matter for European Monetary Policy?,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Exchange Rates and Global Financial Policies, chapter 13, pages 321-353,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Aksoy, Yunus & De Grauwe, Paul & Dewachter, Hans, 2002. "Do asymmetries matter for European monetary policy?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 443-469, March.
- Li, Xiao-Lin & Si, Deng-Kui & Ge, Xinyu, 2021. "China’s interest rate pass-through after the interest rate liberalization: Evidence from a nonlinear autoregressive distributed lag model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 257-274.
- Sylvia Kaufmann & Maria Teresa Valderrama, 2004. "Modeling Credit Aggregates," Working Papers 90, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Volker Clausen & Bernd Hayo, 2006.
"Asymmetric monetary policy effects in EMU,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1123-1134.
- Clausen, Volker & Hayo, Bernd, 2002. "Asymmetric monetary policy effects in EMU," ZEI Working Papers B 04-2002, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Hayo Bernd & Clausen Volker, 2010. "Asymmetric Monetary Policy Effects in the EMU," EcoMod2002 330800033, EcoMod.
- Bernd Hayo & Volker Clausen, 2002. "Asymmetric Monetary Policy Effects in EMU," Macroeconomics 0203003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barrell, Ray & Byrne, Joseph P. & Dury, Karen, 2003. "The implications of diversity in consumption behaviour for the choice of monetary policy rules in Europe," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 275-299, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEU; EMU; Monetary Policy; Austria;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:onb:oenbmp:y:2005:i:2:b:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudia Kwapil). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/oenbbat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.