Political and economic inequality and the environment
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Druckman, A. & Jackson, T., 2008. "Measuring resource inequalities: The concepts and methodology for an area-based Gini coefficient," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 242-252, April.
- Coondoo, Dipankor & Dinda, Soumyananda, 2008. "Carbon dioxide emission and income: A temporal analysis of cross-country distributional patterns," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 375-385, April.
- Zhang, Chuanguo & Zhao, Wei, 2014. "Panel estimation for income inequality and CO2 emissions: A regional analysis in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 382-392.
- Vona, Francesco & Patriarca, Fabrizio, 2011.
"Income inequality and the development of environmental technologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2201-2213, September.
- Francesco Vona & Fabrizio Patriarca, 2010. "Income Inequality and the Development of Environmental Technologies," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2010-22, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Cantos, José Mª & Balsalobre Lorente, Daniel, 2013. "Incidencia del gasto público en I+D+i energético sobre la corrección medioambiental en España/Impact of Public R&D in Energy on Environmental Correction in Spain," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 31, pages 93-126, Enero.
- Kevin Gallagher & Strom Thacker, 2008. "Democracy, Income, and Environmental Quality," Working Papers wp164, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Merlevede, Bruno & Verbeke, Tom & De Clercq, Marc, 2006.
"The EKC for SO2: Does firm size matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 451-461, October.
- B. Merlevede & T. Verbeke & M. De Clercq, 2004. "The EKC for SO2: does firm size matter?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/218, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Christoph Lieb, 2004. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve and Flow versus Stock Pollution: The Neglect of Future Damages," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(4), pages 483-506, December.
- Biswas, Amit K. & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Thum, Marcel, 2012.
"Pollution, shadow economy and corruption: Theory and evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 114-125.
- Amit K. Biswas & Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Marcel Thum, 2011. "Pollution, Shadow Economy and Corruption: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 3630, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marbuah, George & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2015. "Carbon emission and social capital in Sweden," Working Paper Series 2015:5, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Lv, Zhike, 2017. "The effect of democracy on CO2 emissions in emerging countries: Does the level of income matter?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 900-906.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2013. "Does financial instability increase environmental degradation? Fresh evidence from Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 537-544.
- Goher-Ur-Rehman Mir & Servaas Storm, "undated". "Carbon Emissions and Economic Growth: Production-based versus Consumption-based Evidence on Decoupling," Working Papers Series 41, Institute for New Economic Thinking.
- Rachel A. Bouvier, 2004. "Air Pollution and Per Capita Income: A Disaggregation of the Effects of Scale, Sectoral Composition, and Technological Change," Working Papers wp84, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- repec:laf:wpaper:201201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brännlund, Runar & Ghalwash, Tarek, 2008. "The income-pollution relationship and the role of income distribution: An analysis of Swedish household data," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 369-387, August.
- Gangadharan, Lata & Valenzuela, Ma. Rebecca, 2001.
"Interrelationships between income, health and the environment: extending the Environmental Kuznets Curve hypothesis,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 513-531, March.
- Gangagharan, L. & Valenzuela, M.R., 2000. "Interrelationships between Income, Health and the Environment: Extending the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 740, The University of Melbourne.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2010.
"Does financial instability increase environmental pollution in Pakistan?,"
31360, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Mar 2011.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2011. "Does financial instability increase environmental pollution in Pakistan?," MPRA Paper 31530, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Mar 2011.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Maurizio Intartaglia & Andy McKay, 2016.
"Does Climate Aid Affect Emissions? Evidence from a Global Dataset,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2016-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Maurizio Intartaglia & Andy Mckay, 2016. "Does Climate Aid Affect Emissions? Evidence from a Global Dataset," Working Paper Series 09416, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- George HALKOS, 2012. "Environmental Pollution And Economic Development:Explaining The Existence Of An Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 6(6(18)/ Su), pages 148-159.
- Buehn, Andreas & Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza, 2013. "Hold your breath: A new index of air pollution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 104-113.
- Hübler, Michael, 2017. "The inequality-emissions nexus in the context of trade and development: A quantile regression approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 174-185.
- Louis Dupuy, 2012. "International Trade and Sustainability : A survey," Working Papers hal-00701426, HAL.
- Prskawetz, Alexia & Winkler-Dworak, Maria & Feichtinger, Gustav, 2003. "Production, distribution and insecurity of food: a dynamic framework," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 317-337, September.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:249-256 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heerink, Nico & Mulatu, Abay & Bulte, Erwin, 2001. "Income inequality and the environment: aggregation bias in environmental Kuznets curves," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 359-367, September.
- Sebastián J. Miller & Mauricio A. Vela, 2013.
"Are Environmental Taxes Affected by Legislatures' Ideological Positions?,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
4629, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sebastian Miller & Mauricio Vela, 2013. "Are Environmental Taxes Affected by Legislatures` Ideological Positions?," Research Department Publications IDB-WP-443, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Kashwan, Prakash, 2017. "Inequality, democracy, and the environment: A cross-national analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 139-151.
- Alexandre BERTHE & Luc ELIE, 2014. "Les conséquences environnementales des inégalités économiques : structuration théorique et perspectives de recherche (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2014-18, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Unmesh Patnaik & Santosh K. Sahu, 2016.
"The Tradeoffs between GHGs Emissions, Income Inequality and Productivity,"
- Unmesh Patnaik & Santosh K. Sahu, 2016. "The Tradeoffs between GHGs Emissions,Income Inequality and Productivity," Working Papers 2016-144, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Lei HU, 2016. "Would Urban–Rural Income Gap Affect Carbon Dioxide Emissions? Empirical Research Based on the Extended IPAT Model," Chinese Journal of Urban and Environmental Studies (CJUES), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(02), pages 1-13, June.
- Fredriksson, Per G. & Neumayer, Eric, 2013. "Democracy and climate change policies: Is history important?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 11-19.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hamilton, Kirk & Pandey, Kiran D. & Wheeler, David, 2006. "Environment During growth: Accounting for governance and vulnerability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1597-1611, September.
- Lutz Sager, 2017. "Income inequality and carbon consumption: evidence from environmental Engel curves," GRI Working Papers 285, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Pandelis Mitsis, 2012. "Is there an Environmental Kuznets Curve in the Carbon Dioxide Emissions?," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 16-2012, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Halkos, George, 2011. "Economy - environment relationship: The case of sulphur emissions," MPRA Paper 45480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George, 2011. "Environment and economic development: determinants of an EKC hypothesis," MPRA Paper 33262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bond, Craig A. & farzin, Hossein, 2004. "Freedom from Pollution? The State, The People, and the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Working Papers 190904, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Farzin, Y. Hossein & Bond, Craig A., 2006. "Democracy and environmental quality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 213-235, October.
- Cantos, José Mª & Balsalobre Lorente, Daniel, 2011. "Las energías renovables en la Curva de Kuznets Ambiental: Una aplicación para España/Renewable Energy in the Environmental Kuznets Curve: An Application to Spain," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 667(32.)-66, Agosto.
- Matthieu Clement & Andre Meunie, 2010. "Is Inequality Harmful for the Environment? An Empirical Analysis Applied to Developing and Transition Countries," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(4), pages 413-445.
- Verchere, Alban, 2017. "The Middle-class Collapse and the Environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 510-523.
- Nilufar Matin & Mohammad Shahidul Islam & Musingo T. E. Mbuvi & Bernard Owuor Odit & Paul Othim Ongugo & Mohammad Abu Syed, 2014. "Group Inequality and Environmental Sustainability: Insights from Bangladesh and Kenyan Forest Commons," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-27, March.
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2011. "Inequality, trust, and sustainability," MPRA Paper 33288, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- E. Somanathan, 2002. "Inequality and environmental policy," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 02-02, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:138-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:62:y:2017:i:02:n:s0217590817400239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Drosdowski, Thomas, 2006. "On the Link Between Democracy and Environment," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-355, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- James Boyce, 2003. "Inequality and Environmental Protection," Working Papers wp52, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- You, Wan-Hai & Zhu, Hui-Ming & Yu, Keming & Peng, Cheng, 2015. "Democracy, Financial Openness, and Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions: Heterogeneity Across Existing Emission Levels," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 189-207.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Stephen Knowles, 2002. "Social Capital and National Environmental Performance: A Cross-sectional Analysis," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0206, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Berthe, Alexandre & Elie, Luc, 2015. "Mechanisms explaining the impact of economic inequality on environmental deterioration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 191-200.
- Antonio A. R. Ioris, 2012. "The Positioned Construction of Water Values: Pluralism, Positionality and Praxis," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 21(2), pages 143-162, May.