Interregional Migration, Human Capital Externalities and Unemployment Dynamics: Evidence from Italian Provinces
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Basile, Roberto & Girardi, Alessandro & Mantuano, Marianna & Russo, Giuseppe, 2017. "Interregional Migration, Human Capital Externalities and Unemployment Dynamics: Evidence from Italian Provinces," EconStor Preprints 168560, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2006. "An SVAR Model of Fluctuations in U.S. Migration Flows and State Labor Market Dynamics," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 958-980, April.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Lupi, Claudio & Ordine, Patrizia, 2001. "Widening differences in Italian regional unemployment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 103-129, January.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2005.
"Migration selectivity and the evolution of spatial inequality,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Migration Selectivity And The Evolution Of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 127769, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Migration Selectivity and the Evolution of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 2004-04, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Rebeca Jiménez-Rodríguez & Giuseppe Russo, 2008.
"Institutional Rigidities and Employment Rigidity on the Italian Labour Market,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 54(3), pages 217-227.
- Jiménez-Rodríguez, Rebeca & Russo, Giuseppe, 2007. "Institutional rigidities and employment rigidity on the Italian labour larket," MPRA Paper 5758, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franziska Lottmann, 2012. "Explaining regional unemployment differences in Germany: a spatial panel data analysis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-026, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- David Roodman, 2009. "A Note on the Theme of Too Many Instruments," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(1), pages 135-158, February.
- Eswar S Prasad & Francesca Utili, 1998. "The Italian Labor Market; Stylized Facts, Institutions, and Directions for Reform," IMF Working Papers 98/42, International Monetary Fund.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & McMaster, Ian, 1990. "Regional Migration, Wages and Unemployment: Empirical Evidence and Implications for Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 812-831, October.
- Michel Beine & Fréderic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008.
"Brain Drain and Human Capital Formation in Developing Countries: Winners and Losers,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 631-652, April.
- Michel, BEINE & Frédéric, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT, 2006. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries : winners and losers," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006023, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries: winners and losers?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10415, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chudik, Alexander & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2015.
"Common correlated effects estimation of heterogeneous dynamic panel data models with weakly exogenous regressors,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 188(2), pages 393-420.
- Alexander Chudik & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2013. "Common Correlated Effects Estimation of Heterogeneous Dynamic Panel Data Models with Weakly Exogenous Regressors," CESifo Working Paper Series 4232, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chudik, Alexander & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2013. "Common correlated effects estimation of heterogeneous dynamic panel data models with weakly exogenous regressors," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 146, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Pesaran, Hashem & Chudik, Alexander, 2013. "Common Correlated Effects Estimation of Heterogeneous Dynamic Panel Data Models with Weakly Exogenous Regressors," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1317, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Rebeca Jiménez-Rodríguez & Giuseppe Russo, 2012.
"Aggregate Employment Dynamics And (Partial) Labour Market Reforms,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 430-448, July.
- Rebeca Jiménez-Rodríguez & Giuseppe Russo, 2010. "Aggregate Employment Dynamics and (Partial) Labour Market Reforms," CSEF Working Papers 260, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- John Francis, 2009. "Agglomeration, job flows and unemployment," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 181-198, March.
- Michelle Baddeley & Ron Martin & Peter Tyler, 2000. "Regional Wage Rigidity: The European Union and United States Compared," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 115-141.
- Bianca Biagi & Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2011. "Long and Short Distance Migration in Italy: The Role of Economic, Social and Environmental Characteristics," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 111-131.
- Faini, Riccardo & Galli, Giampaolo & Gennari, Pietro & Rossi, Fulvio, 1997. "An empirical puzzle: Falling migration and growing unemployment differentials among Italian regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 571-579, April.
- Lee, Lung-fei & Yu, Jihai, 2010. "A Spatial Dynamic Panel Data Model With Both Time And Individual Fixed Effects," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 564-597, April.
- Mariangela Bonasia & Oreste Napolitano, 2012. "Determinants Of Interregional Migration Flows: The Role Of Environmental Factors In The Italian Case," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 80(4), pages 525-544, July.
- Windmeijer, Frank, 2005. "A finite sample correction for the variance of linear efficient two-step GMM estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 25-51, May.
More about this item
KeywordsUnemployment; Migration; Human capital; Externalities; Italian regions;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-12-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2016-12-18 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2016-12-18 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEO-2016-12-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2016-12-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2016-12-18 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2016-12-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sef:csefwp:460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lia Ambrosio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cssalit.html .