Regional Wage Rigidity: The European Union and United States Compared
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- E McVittie & J K Swales, 1999.
"Sector-specific factor subsidies and employment in a regional price-endogenous export-base model,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(12), pages 2145-2168, December.
- E McVittie & J K Swales, 1999. "Sector-Specific Factor Subsidies and Employment in a Regional Price-Endogenous Export-Base Model," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 31(12), pages 2145-2168, December.
- Engel, Charles & Rogers, John H, 1996.
"How Wide Is the Border?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1112-1125, December.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1994. "How Wide is the Border?," NBER Working Papers 4829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, C. & Rogers, J.H., 1995. "How Wide is the Border?," Papers 4-95-16, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1995. "How wide is the border?," Research Working Paper 95-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1995. "How wide is the border?," International Finance Discussion Papers 498, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David S. Kraybill & Thomas G. Johnson & David Orden, 1992. "Macroeconomic Imbalances: A Multiregional General Equilibrium Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(3), pages 726-736.
- John Mutti, 1981. "Regional Analysis from the Standpoint of International Trade: Is it a Useful Perspective?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 6(2), pages 95-120, August.
- Maureen Kilkenny, 1995.
"Transport Costs and Rural Development,"
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications
95-wp133, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Kilkenny, Maureen, 2003. "Transport Costs and Rural Development," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10309, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kilkenny, Maureen, 1998. "Transport Costs and Rural Development," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1185, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Maureen Kilkenny, 1995. "Transport Costs and Rural Development," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 95-wp133, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345, June.
- Greenwood, Michael J, et al, 1991. "Migration, Regional Equilibrium, and the Estimation of Compensating Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1382-1390, December.
- Treyz, George I, et al, 1993. "The Dynamics of U.S. Internal Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 209-214, May.
- Jones, Rich & Whalley, John, 1988.
"Regional effects of taxes in Canada : An applied general equilibrium approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-28, October.
- Rich Jones & John Whalley, 1986. "Regional Effects of Taxes in Canada: An Applied General Equilibrium Approach," NBER Working Papers 2107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kilkenny, Maureen, 1998. "Transport Costs, the New Economic Geography, and Rural Development," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1201, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- A C Vias & G F Mulligan, 1997.
"Disaggregate Economic Base Multipliers in Small Communities,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 29(6), pages 955-974, June.
- A C Vias & G F Mulligan, 1997. "Disaggregate economic base multipliers in small communities," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(6), pages 955-974, June.
- Devaragan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Robinson, Sherman, 1990. "Policy lessons from trade-focused, two-sector models," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 625-657.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 1998. "Regional Computable General Equilibrium Modeling: A Survey and Critical Appraisal," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 21(3), pages 205-248, December.
- Brown, Scott J. & Coulson, N. Edward & Engle, Robert F., 1992. "On the determination of regional base and regional base multipliers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 619-635, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paolo Pasimeni, 2014. "An Optimum Currency Crisis," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 11(2), pages 173-204, December.
- Monastiriotis, Vassilis & Kaplanis, Ioannis, 2011. "Flexible employment and cross- regional adjustment," Working Papers 2072/179671, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Pasimeni, Paolo, 2013. "An Optimum Currency Crisis," MPRA Paper 53506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Netšunajev, Aleksei & Glass, Katharina, 2017.
"Uncertainty and employment dynamics in the euro area and the US,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 48-62.
- Aleksei Netsunajev & Katharina Glass, 2016. " Uncertainty and Employment Dynamics in the Euro Area and the US," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2016-002, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Peter Huber, 2013. "Labour Market Institutions and Regional Unemployment Disparities," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 29, WWWforEurope.
- Annekatrin Niebuhr & Nadia Granato & Anette Haas & Silke Hamann, 2012.
"Does Labour Mobility Reduce Disparities between Regional Labour Markets in Germany?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(7), pages 841-858, September.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Granato, Nadia & Haas, Anette & Hamann, Silke, 2009. "Does labour mobility reduce disparities between regional labour markets in Germany?," IAB Discussion Paper 200915, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Clement van de Coevering, 2003. "Structural convergence and monetary integration in Europe," MEB Series (discontinued) 2003-20, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
- Bande, Roberto & Fernández, Melchor & Montuenga, Víctor, 2008.
"Regional unemployment in Spain: Disparities, business cycle and wage setting,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 885-914, October.
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & Victor Montuenga, 2005. "Regional Unemployment in Spain: Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0035, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & VÃctor Manuel Montuenga, 2005. "Regional Unemployment in Spain - Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting," ERSA conference papers ersa05p489, European Regional Science Association.
- Roberto Basile & Alessandro Girardi & Marianna Mantuano & Giuseppe Russo, 2016.
"Interregional Migration, Human Capital Externalities and Unemployment Dynamics: Evidence from Italian Provinces,"
CSEF Working Papers
460, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Basile, Roberto & Girardi, Alessandro & Mantuano, Marianna & Russo, Giuseppe, 2017. "Interregional Migration, Human Capital Externalities and Unemployment Dynamics: Evidence from Italian Provinces," EconStor Preprints 168560, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Mirko Abbritti; Sebastian Weber, 2008. "Labor Market Rigidities and the Business Cycle: Price vs. Quantity Restricting Institutions," IHEID Working Papers 01-2008, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Jan 2008.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2011. "Regional labor demand and national labor market institutions in the EU15," HWWI Research Papers 112, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Mertens Antje, 2002. "Regional and Industrial Wage Dynamics in West Germany and the United States / Regionale und industrielle Lohndynamik in Westdeutschland und den USA," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 222(5), pages 584-608, October.
- Inmaculada Garcia-Mainar & Victor Montuenga-Gomez, 2003. "The Spanish Wage Curve: 1994-1996," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 929-945.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jregsc:v:40:y:2000:i:1:p:115-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-4146 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.