Is Collective Bargaining Pareto Efficient? A Survey of the Literature
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vannetelbosch, Vincent J., 1996.
"Testing between alternative wage-employment bargaining models using Belgian aggregate data,"
Elsevier, pages 43-64.
- Vannetelbosch, Vincent J., 1993. "Testing Between Alternative Wage-Employment Bargaining Models Using Belgian Aggreggate Data," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1994012, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 27 Apr 1994.
- Vannetelbosch, V. J., 1996. "Testing between alternative wage-employment bargaining models using Belgian aggregate data," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1233, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hirsch, Barry T. & Prasad, Kislaya, 1995. "Wage-employment determination and a union tax on capital: Can theory and evidence be reconciled?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 61-71, April.
- Martinello, Felice, 1989. "Wage and Employment Determination in a Unionized Industry: The IWA and the British Columbia Wood Products Industry," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(3), pages 303-330, July.
- Farber, Henry S, 1978. "Individual Preferences and Union Wage Determination: The Case of the United Mine Workers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 923-942, October.
- Christofides, Louis N., 1990.
"Non-nested tests of efficient bargain and labour demand models,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 91-96, January.
- Christofides, L.N., 1989. "Non-Nested Tests Of Efficient Bargain And Labour Demand Models," Working Papers 1989-7, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1990.
"Is Unemployment Lower if Unions Bargain over Employment?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 773-787.
- Layard, R. & Nickell, S., 1988. "Is Unemployment Lower If Unions Bargain Over Employment?," Papers 308, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Kuhn, Peter, 1988. "A Nonuniform Pricing Model of Union Wages and Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 473-508, June.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Manning, Alan, 1991. "Tests of alternative wage employment bargaining models with an application to the UK aggregate labour market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 23-37, January.
- Manning, Alan, 1987. "An Integration of Trade Union Models in a Sequential Bargaining Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(385), pages 121-139, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Marsden, 2015.
"The Future of the German Industrial Relations Model,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1344, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Marsden, David, 2015. "The future of the German industrial relations model," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61699, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Marsden, David, 2015. "The future of the German industrial relations model," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62932, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
Keywordslabour unions; labor unions; monopoly seller; efficiency; wages;
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pri:indrel:558. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bobray Bordelon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/irprius.html .