Endogenous scope of bargaining in a union-oligopoly model: when will firms and unions bargain over employment?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlin, Wendy & Soskice, David, 1990. "Macroeconomics and the Wage Bargain: A Modern Approach to Employment, Inflation, and the Exchange Rate," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198772446.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- MaCurdy, Thomas E & Pencavel, John H, 1986. "Testing between Competing Models of Wage and Employment Determination in Unionized Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 3-39, June.
- Brown, James N & Ashenfelter, Orley, 1986. "Testing the Efficiency of Employment Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 40-87, June.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-193.
- Maria Paz Espinosa & Changyong Rhee, 1989. "Efficient Wage Bargaining as a Repeated Game," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(3), pages 565-588.
- Emmanuel Petrakis & Minas Vlassis, 2004.
"Endogenous wage bargaining institutions in oligopolistic sectors,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(1), pages 55-73, July.
- Emmanuel Petrakis & Minas Vlassis, "undated". "Endogenous Wage-Bargaining Institutions in Oligopolistic Sectors," Working Papers 0105, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 00 Dec 2001.
- Dewatripont, Mathias, 1987. "Entry deterrence under trade unions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 149-156.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Manning, Alan, 1991. "Tests of alternative wage employment bargaining models with an application to the UK aggregate labour market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 23-37, January.
- Manning, Alan, 1987. "An Integration of Trade Union Models in a Sequential Bargaining Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(385), pages 121-139, March.
- de la Croix, David, 1992. "Union-Firm Bargaining, Investment and Equilibrium Unemployment," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 1992020, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Paul Heidhues, 2000. "Employers’ Associations, Industry-wide Unions, and Competition," CIG Working Papers FS IV 00-11, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- António Brandão & Joana Pinho, 2018. "Productivity Shocks in a Union‐Duopoly Model," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 86(6), pages 722-756, December.
- Nicholas Lawson, 2011.
"Is Collective Bargaining Pareto Efficient? A Survey of the Literature,"
Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 282-304, September.
- Nicholas Lawson, 2010. "Is Collective Bargaining Pareto Efficient? A Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 1268, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Chica Páez, Yolanda & Espinosa Alejos, María Paz, 2005. "Union Formation and Bargaining Rules in the Labor Market," DFAEII Working Papers 2005-07, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Vlassis, Minas & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 1996. "Endogenous scope of bargaining in oligopoly," UC3M Working papers. Economics 3978, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Rupayan Pal & Bibhas Saha, 2016.
"Entry Threats and Inefficiency in ‘Efficient Bargaining’,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 63(3), pages 258-277, July.
- Rupayan Pal & Bibhas Saha, 2010. "Entry threats and insufficiency in efficient bargaining," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2010-016, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Minas Vlassis, 2003. "Wage Centralization and the Scope of Firm–Union Bargaining: ‘Efficient Bargains’ or ‘Labour Demand’?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 71(3), pages 308-329, June.
- Adriana Cassoni, 1997. "A brief survey on the role of trade unions in labour market," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0697, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Hirsch, Barry T. & Prasad, Kislaya, 1995. "Wage-employment determination and a union tax on capital: Can theory and evidence be reconciled?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 61-71, April.
- Pierre Cahuc, 1990. "La théorie des négociations salariales : une revue de la littérature," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 92(1), pages 21-30.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:2:y:1986:i:c:p:1039-1089 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vlassis, Minas & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 1996. "Endogenous wage-bargaining institutions in oligopolistic industries," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6014, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz C. & Pfann, Gerard A., 1996.
"A dynamic contracting model for wages and employment in three European economies,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 429-448, February.
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz & Pfann, Gerard, 1993. "A Dynamic Contracting Model for Wages and Employment in three European Economies," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 1993021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Mohamed Jellal & François-Charles Wolff, 2003.
"Privatisation et négociation collective,"
Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 11(1), pages 73-99.
- Jellal, Mohamed & wolff, François-Charles, 2003. "Privatisation et négociation collective [Privatization and collective bargaining]," MPRA Paper 38367, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Swagel, Phillip, 2000.
"Union behavior, industry rents, and optimal policies,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 925-947, August.
- Phillip Swagel, 1993. "Union behavior, industry rents, and optimal policies," International Finance Discussion Papers 459, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mr. Phillip L Swagel, 1996. "Union Behavior, Industry Rents, and Optimal Policies," IMF Working Papers 1996/143, International Monetary Fund.
- Luciano Fanti, 2011. "When do firms prefer either monopolistic unions or an efficient bargaining?," Discussion Papers 2011/130, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Holm, Pasi & Honkapohja, Seppo & Koskela, Erkki, 1990.
"A monopoly union model of wage determination with taxes and endogenous capital stock : an empirical application to the finnish manufacturing industry,"
Research Discussion Papers
24/1990, Bank of Finland.
- Holm, Pasi & Honkapohja, Seppo & Koskela, Erkki, 1991. "A Monopoly Union Model of Wage Determination with Taxes and Endogenous Capital Stock: An Empirical Application to the Finnish Manufacturing Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 506, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daniel, Christophe & Sofer, Catherine, 1998.
"Bargaining, Compensating Wage Differentials, and Dualism of the Labor Market: Theory and Evidence for France,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 546-575, July.
- Christophe Daniel & Catherine Sofer, 1998. "Bargaining, Compensating Wage Differentials, and Dualism of the Labor Market: Theory and Evidence for France," Post-Print halshs-00367153, HAL.
- Fanti, Luciano & Buccella, Domenico, 2015. "Bargaining agenda, timing, and entry," MPRA Paper 64089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Guerrazzi & Pier Giuseppe Giribone, 2021. "Dynamic wage bargaining and labour market fluctuations: the role of productivity shocks," SN Business & Economics, Springer, vol. 1(8), pages 1-20, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:7:y:2000:i:3:p:261-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.