December 2022, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 187-231 Towards HIPC 2.0? Lessons from Past Debt Relief Initiatives for Addressing Current Debt Problems
by Essers Dennis & Cassimon Danny
- 233-268 A Mountain of Debt: Navigating the Legacy of the Pandemic
by Kose M. Ayhan & Ohnsorge Franziska & Sugawara Naotaka
- 269-304 Debt Dynamics in Emerging and Developing Economies: Is R − G a Red Herring?
by Moreno Badia Marialuz & Xiang Yuan & Arbelaez Juliana Gamboa
- 305-338 The Political Economy of Bilateral Lending from Emerging Creditors
by Morgan Pippa
- 339-378 The Odious Haitian Independence Debt
by Oosterlinck Kim & Panizza Ugo & Weidemaier Mark & Gulati Mitu
- 379-409 On the Potential of Sovereign State-Contingent Debt in Contributing to Better Public Debt Management and Enhancing Sustainability Outcomes
by Volz Ulrich
- 411-433 Overcoming Original Sin
by Shin Hyun Song & von Peter Goetz
- 435-474 Sovereign Debt Restructuring: The Way Forward
by Xafa Miranda
June 2022, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-30 Climate-Proofing the Global Financial Safety Net
by Volz Ulrich
- 31-59 “Keep the Receipts:” The Political Economy of IMF Austerity During and After the Crisis Years of 2009 and 2020
by Ray Rebecca & Gallagher Kevin P. & Kring William
- 61-89 Poverty, Inequality, and the International Monetary Fund: How Austerity Hurts the Poor and Widens Inequality
by Stubbs Thomas & Kentikelenis Alexander & Ray Rebecca & Gallagher Kevin P.
- 91-122 Managing Capital Flows: Theoretical Advances and IMF Policy Frameworks
by Korinek Anton
- 123-147 No One Left Behind? Assessing the Global Financial Safety Net Performance During COVID-19
by Mühlich Laurissa & Fritz Barbara & Kring William N.
- 149-186 IMF Advice on Capital Flows: How Well is it Supported by Empirical Evidence?
by Montiel Peter J.
December 2021, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 117-143 Changed Industrial Relationship by Offshoring Threat and Labor Share: An Empirical Game-Theoretic Analysis
by Tamura Tetsuya & Tokumaru Natsuka
- 145-180 Emerging Markets Interest Rates, International Reserves and Net Foreign Assets
by Bitar Joseph & Boileau Martin
- 181-219 Political Domination and Economic Dispossession of Farmers: The Case of Land Acquisition for Special Economic Zones in India
by Misra Kartik
- 221-261 Policy Space for Building Production Capabilities in the Pharmaceuticals Sector in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Rahman Mustafizur & Wirtz Veronika J. & Kaplan Warren A. & Thrasher Rachel Denae & Gallagher Kevin P.
- 263-290 The Real Exchange Rate Policy Trilemma in Surplus-Labor Developing Economies
by Razmi Arslan
June 2021, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-45 Rethinking Unconditional Convergence in Manufacturing in the Age of New Technologies
by Erten Bilge & Schwank Oliver
- 47-61 Perfect Storm: Climate Change and Tourism
by Cevik Serhan & Ghazanchyan Manuk
- 63-102 Does Premature Deindustrialization Matter? The Role of Manufacturing versus Services in Development
by Nayyar Gaurav & Cruz Marcio & Zhu Linghui
- 103-116 Carry Trade, Exchange Rates, and the Balance-of-Payments
by Barbosa-Filho Nelson H.
December 2020, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 1-36 Financial Globalization as a Barrier to Democratic Consolidation: a North-South Model with Public Goods
by Porcile Gabriel
- 1-054 The Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth: A Survey
by Rapetti Martin
June 2020, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-25 Expectations, Coordination Failures and Macro Crises
by Heymann Daniel & Brichetti Juan Pablo & Juarros Pedro & Montero Gustavo
- 1-34 Demand and Supply in the Cocaine Market: An Empirical Study
by Bernal Humberto
- 1-35 Foreign Aid and Adolescent Fertility Rate: Cross-Country Evidence
by Zhuang Hong & Wang Miao & Daniels Joseph
December 2019, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 1-8 Credibility, Reputation and De-Risking in Global Banking: Evidence from a Theoretical Model
by Brei Michael & Cato Lauren & Worrell R. DeLisle
- 1-21 The Effects of Trade Agreements on Imports of Biologics: Evidence from Chile
by Trachtenberg Danielle & Kaplan Warren A. & Wirtz Veronika J. & Gallagher Kevin P.
June 2019, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-17 The New Drivers of Fear of Floating: Evidence from Latin America
by Malagon Jonathan & Orbegozo Camila
- 1-22 Principles of True Industrial Policy
by Cherif Reda & Hasanov Fuad
December 2018, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 1-9 Leaving No one Behind: Some Conceptual and Empirical Issues
by Klasen Stephan & Fleurbaey Marc
- 1-10 Priority to the Furthest Behind
by Fleurbaey Marc
- 1-11 “Leaving No One Behind” as a Site of Contestation and Reinterpretation
by Fukuda-Parr Sakiko & Smaavik Hegstad Thea
- 1-12 Push No One Behind
by Elson Diane
- 1-13 Migration, Diasporas, Remittances and the Sustainable Development Goals in Least Developed Countries
by Nurse Keith
- 1-15 International Trade or Technology? Who is Left Behind and What to do about it
by Harrison Ann
- 1-17 Two Major Gaps in Global Governance: International Tax Cooperation and Sovereign Debt Crisis Resolution
by Alonso José Antonio
- 1-21 Development Cooperation to Ensure that none be Left Behind
by Alonso José Antonio
- 1-21 Eradicating Poverty by the Year 2030: Implications for Income Inequality, Population Policies, Food Prices (and Faster Growth?)
by Cornia Giovanni Andrea
June 2018, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-13 Understanding Investor Behavior in the Recent Global Land Rush
by Rosete Alfredo R. M.
- 1-18 Output Effects of Global Food Commodity Shocks
by Erten Bilge & Tuzcuoglu Kerem
- 1-22 Foreign debt, conflicting claims and income policies in a Kaleckian model of growth and distribution
by Bortz Pablo Gabriel & Michelena Gabriel & Toledo Fernando
- 1-24 Contingent Convertible Bonds for Sovereign Debt Risk Management
by Consiglio Andrea & Zenios Stavros A.
December 2017, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 1-11 Deindustrialization and Unsustainable Debt in Middle-Income Countries: The Case of Puerto Rico
by Caraballo-Cueto Jose & Lara Juan
- 1-16 Debt Limits and the Structure of Public Debt
by Pienkowski Alex
- 1-17 Socioeconomic Driving Forces of International Migration
by Wesselbaum Dennis
- 1-18 On Comprehensively Intermediate Measures of Inequality and Poverty, with an Illustrative Application to Global Data
by Subramanian S.
- 1-20 Follow the Money: Remittance Responses to FDI Inflows
by Coon Michael & Neumann Rebecca
June 2017, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-10 New Approaches to Identifying State Fragility
by Milante Gary & Woolcock Michael
- 1-11 Indirect Tax Reform in Developing Countries: A Consumption-Neutral Approach
by Haibara Takumi
- 1-14 To Pay or Not to Pay? Evaluating the Belgian Law Against Vulture Funds
by Sourbron Leentje Ann & Vereeck Lode
- 1-20 Income Distribution, Factor Endowments, and Trade Revisited: The Role of Non-Tradable Goods
by Galiani Sebastian & Heymann Daniel & Magud Nicolas E.
- 1-25 Sensitivity of Purchasing Power Parity Estimates to Estimation Procedures and their Effect on Living Standards Comparisons
by Majumder Amita & Ray Ranjan & Santra Sattwik
December 2016, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 1-10 Few and Far Between: Some Explanations of Health Provisions in Trade Agreements
by Shahnawaz Sheikh
- 1-12 Is there such thing as middle class values? Class differences, values and political orientations in Latin America
by Lopez-Calva Luis F. & Rigolini Jamele & Torche Florencia
- 1-18 Hidden Inequality: How Much Difference Would Adjustment for Illicit Financial Flows Make to National Income Distributions?
by Cobham Alex & Davis William & Ibrahim Gamal & Sumner Andy
- 1-20 The Impact of Income Distribution on the Current Account
by Carrera Jorge Eduardo & Rodriguez Esteban & Sardi Mariano
- 1-28 Global Absolute Poverty: Behind the Veil of Dollars
by Moatsos Michail
June 2016, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-15 Some Reflections on the Social Welfare Bases of the Measurement of Global Income Inequality
by Brandolini Andrea & Carta Francesca
- 17-60 Inequality and Fiscal Redistribution in Middle Income Countries: Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru and South Africa
by Lustig Nora
- 61-108 The Global Consumption and Income Project (GCIP): An Overview
by Lahoti Rahul & Jayadev Arjun & Reddy Sanjay
- 109-115 Interaction of Global and National Income Inequalities
by Milanovic Branko & Roemer John E.
- 117-157 Global Poverty and Inequality: Is There New Capacity for Redistribution in Developing Countries?
by Hoy Chris & Sumner Andy
December 2015, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 181-213 Risk Management Optimization for Sovereign Debt Restructuring
by Consiglio Andrea & Zenios Stavros A.
- 215-238 A No-Tribunal SDRM and the Means of Binding Creditors to the Terms of a Restructuring Plan
by Mooney Charles W.
- 239-255 Writing-Down Debt with Heterogeneous Creditors: Lock Laws and Late Swaps
by Ghosal Sayantan & Miller Marcus
- 257-285 Mission Creep The Emerging Role of International Investment Agreements in Sovereign Debt Restructuring
by Thrasher Rachel D. & Gallagher Kevin P.
- 287-318 Governing Sovereign Debt Restructuring Through Regulatory Standards
by Brooks Skylar & Lombardi Domenico
- 319-328 Debt and Macroeconomic Behavior: Austerity and Restructuring in an Age of Uncertainty
by Haley James A.
- 329-341 The Long March towards an International Legal Framework for Sovereign Debt Restructuring
by Li Yuefen
- 343-385 Sovereign Debt Restructuring: A Model-Law Approach
by Schwarcz Steven L.
- 387-404 The IMF Debt Sustainability Analysis: Issues and Problems
by Guzman Martin & Heymann Daniel
June 2015, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-45 What Can Experiments Tell Us About How to Improve Government Performance?
by Gisselquist Rachel M. & Niño-Zarazúa Miguel
- 47-69 Experimental and Non-Experimental Methods in Development Economics: A Porous Dialectic
by Dehejia Rajeev
- 71-86 A Graphical Approximation to Generalization: Definitions and Diagrams
by García Fernando Martel & Wantchekon Leonard
- 87-112 Reflections on the Ethics of Social Experimentation
by Humphreys Macartan
- 113-146 Ancillary Studies of Experiments: Opportunities and Challenges
by Baldwin Kate & Bhavnani Rikhil R.
- 147-179 Evaluating Antipoverty Transfer Programmes in Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa. Better Policies? Better Politics?
by Barrientos Armando & Villa Juan Miguel
December 2014, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 129-176 Versailles Redux? Eurozone Competitiveness in a Dynamic Balassa-Samuelson-Penn Framework
by Stahler Kevin & Subramanian Arvind
- 177-211 Crony Capitalism in Egypt
by Chekir Hamouda & Diwan Ishac
- 213-233 Improving upon the World Bank’s Country Policy and Institutional Assessment: A New Performance Indicator Based on Aid Effectiveness
by Cagé Julia
June 2014, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-26 Skilled-Unskilled Wage Inequality, Growth of Skilled Labour and Development Policies
by Gupta Manash Ranjan & Dutta Priya Brata
- 1-28 Incentives for Conditional Aid Effectiveness
by Candel-Sánchez Francisco
- 1-34 Does Financial Liberalisation Improve Access to Investment Finance in Developing Countries?
by O’Toole Conor M.
- 1-39 A Case Against Taxes and Quotas on High-Skill Emigration
by Clemens Michael A.
February 2014, Volume 4, Issue 2
March 2014, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 161-197 Context Matters for Size: Why External Validity Claims and Development Practice do not Mix
by Pritchett Lant & Sandefur Justin
- 213-252 Threat Effects and Trade: Wage Discipline through Product Market Competition
by Dube Arindrajit & Reddy Sanjay G.
November 2013, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 253-281 The Evolution of Consumption and Wealth Inequality in India: A Quantitative Assessment
by Subramanian Sreenivasan & Jayaraj Dhairiyarayar
August 2013, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-47 Does Foreign Aid Displace Domestic Taxation?
by Carter Patrick
- 49-94 The Renminbi Bloc is Here: Asia Down, Rest of the World to Go?
by Subramanian Arvind & Kessler Martin
- 95-130 Financial Liberalization, Limited Contract Enforcement and Productivity
by Saygili Meryem
- 131-160 Property Insecurity and Conflict
by Lawson-Remer Terra
March 2013, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 1-16 Latin America’s Trade and Growth Patterns, the China Factor, and Prebisch’s Nightmare
by Ros Jaime
- 1-18 The Declining Labor Share of Income
by Rodriguez Francisco & Jayadev Arjun
- 1-25 Caught in a Poverty Trap? Testing for Single vs. Multiple Equilibrium Models of Growth
by Rodríguez Francisco R. & Shelton Cameron A.
- 1-31 Macroeconomic Policy Coordination in a Competitive Real Exchange Rate Strategy for Development
by Rapetti Martin
- 1-39 Export Similarity Networks and Proximity Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies
by Gathani Sachin & Stoelinga Dimitri
- 1-42 The Structure and Dynamics of International Development Assistance
by Coscia Michele & Hausmann Ricardo & Hidalgo César A.
June 2012, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-22 Land Deals in Africa: Pioneers and Speculators
by Collier Paul & Venables Anthony J.
- 1-24 International Income Comparisons and Social Welfare: Methodology, Analysis, and Implications
by Dehejia Vivek H. & Voia Marcel C.
- 1-25 Do Worker Remittances Reduce Output Volatility in Developing Countries?
by Chami Ralph & Hakura Dalia S. & Montiel Peter J.
- 1-27 The Costs and Benefits of Duty-Free, Quota-Free Market Access for Poor Countries: Who and What Matters
by Bouët Antoine & Laborde-Debucquet David & Dienesch Elisa & Elliott Kimberly
- 1-28 How Does Credit Access Affect Children's Time Allocation?: Evidence from Rural India
by Fuwa Nobuhiko & Ito Seiro & Kubo Kensuke & Kurosaki Takashi & Sawada Yasuyuki
January 2012, Volume 2, Issue 2
- 1-3 The G-20: A Critical Evaluation of Its Progress and Prospects
by Dervis Kemal & Lombardi Domenico
- 1-14 Is There Life for the G20 beyond the Global Financial Crisis?
by Dadush Uri & Suominen Kati
- 1-18 From the G-20 to a Global Economic Coordination Council
by Ocampo José Antonio & Stiglitz Joseph E.
- 1-18 The G20 and Development
by Birdsall Nancy & Kharas Homi
- 1-18 The G20 and the Reform of the International Monetary System
by Mistral Jacques
- 1-19 The G20 has Served its Purpose and Should be Replaced
by Vestergaard Jakob & Wade Robert H.
- 1-21 The Limits of Incrementalism: The G20, the FSB, and the International Regulatory Agenda
by Helleiner Eric
- 1-23 A History of G20 Summits: The Evolving Dynamic of Global Leadership
by Bradford Colin I. & Linn Johannes F.
- 1-25 Governing Interdependent Financial Systems: Lessons from the Vienna Initiative
by Pistor Katharina
- 1-27 Discovery of Flower Industry in Ethiopia: Experimentation and Coordination
by Gebreeyesus Mulu & Iizuka Michiko
- 1-29 Global Growth and Distribution: China, India, and the Emergence of a Global Middle Class
by Bussolo Maurizio & de Hoyos Rafael E. & Medvedev Denis & van der Mensbrugghe Dominique
- 1-30 Rich Consumers and Poor Producers: Quality and Rent Distribution in Global Value Chains
by Swinnen Johan & Vandeplas Anneleen
- 1-32 Skill-Biased Technology Imports, Increased Schooling Access, and Income Inequality in Developing Countries
by Behar Alberto
August 2011, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-27 Mother or Child? Intra-household Redistribution under Gender-Asymmetric Altruism
by Dasgupta Indraneel
- 1-28 Are Managers' Perceptions of Constraints to Growth Reliable? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in South Africa
by Clarke George R
- 1-31 The Impact of the Global Commodity and Financial Crises on Poverty in Vietnam
by Thurlow James & Tarp Finn & McCoy Simon & Hai Nguyen Manh & Breisinger Clemens & Arndt Channing
- 1-32 Mobility Costs and Regional Inequality: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Shilpi Forhad
- 1-33 Regional Financing Arrangements and the Stability of the International Monetary System
by McKay Julie & Volz Ulrich & Wölfinger Regine
- 1-35 Redemption or Abstinence? Original Sin, Currency Mismatches and Counter Cyclical Policies in the New Millennium
by Hausmann Ricardo & Panizza Ugo
- 1-42 Eastern Caution, Western Exuberance and Global Imbalances
by Miller Marcus & Santos Monteiro Paulo & Zhang Lei
December 2010, Volume 1, Issue 2
- 1-5 Introduction: Is the Era of the Dollar Over?
by Williamson John
- 1-9 Does the SDR Have a Future?
by Cooper Richard N
- 1-11 Borrowing to Save
by Morduch Jonathan
- 1-12 The Future of the Reserve System
by Williamson John
- 1-14 An SDR Based Reserve System
by Kenen Peter
- 1-14 The New Politics of Global Reserve Reform
by Helleiner Eric
- 1-15 Building an SDR-Based Global Reserve System
by Ocampo José Antonio
- 1-16 Is the Era of the Dollar Over?
by Wyplosz Charles
- 1-26 Towards A New Global Reserve System
by Stiglitz Joseph E & Greenwald Bruce
- 1-27 Recent Russian Debate on Moving from VAT to Sales Taxes and Its Global Implications
by Whalley John & Kononova Vera
- 1-29 Aid, Growth, and Development: Have We Come Full Circle?
by Arndt Channing & Jones Sam & Tarp Finn
- 1-31 Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?
by Ravallion Martin
- 1-35 Compensation for Indirect Expropriation in International Investment Agreements: Implications of National Treatment and Rights to Invest
by Aisbett Emma & Karp Larry & McAusland Carol
- 1-35 The Past and Future of American Finance: American Experimentalism without American Exceptionalism
by Lothian Tamara
- 1-37 Binding Constraints and Second-Best Strategies in Endogenous Growth Models with Public Finance
by Misch Florian & Gemmell Norman & Kneller Richard
- 1-47 Contagion, Liberalization, and the Optimal Structure of Globalization
by Stiglitz Joseph E.
January 2010, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-4 Symposium: The Return of Counter-cyclical Policy - Editorial Preface
by Ocampo Jose Antonio
- 1-10 Asia: China's Policy Responses to the Global Financial Crisis
by Yu Yongding
- 1-12 Latin America: Comments on Financial Regulation and International Capital Flows in Latin America
by Villar Leonardo
- 1-14 Asia: Counter-Cyclical Policies: Indian Experience and Some General Observations
by Reddy YV
- 1-14 Latin America: Counter-Cyclical Policy in Brazil: 2008-09
by Barbosa Nelson
- 1-15 Europe: Counter-Cyclical Policies in Light of the Global Financial Crisis: The Case of Turkey
by Ozatay Fatih
- 1-16 Macro Crises and Targeting Transfers to the Poor
by Kanbur Ravi
- 1-16 Latin America: The Structural Fiscal Balance Policy in Chile: A Move Toward Counter-Cyclical Macroeconomics
by Ffrench-Davis Ricardo
- 1-19 International Rules for Trade in Natural Resources
by Collier Paul & Venables Anthony J.
- 1-19 Europe: How Deep Is a Crisis? Policy Responses and Structural Factors Behind Diverging Performances
by Fitoussi Jean Paul & Saraceno Francesco
- 1-20 Poverty and Disequalization
by Mookherjee Dilip & Ray Debraj
- 1-22 Africa: Africa's Counter-Cyclical Policy Responses to the Crisis
by Kasekende Louis & Brixova Zuzana & Ndikumana Leonce
- 1-24 Dysfunctional Finance: Positive Shocks and Negative Outcomes
by Hoff Karla
- 1-29 Rethinking Global Economic and Social Governance
by Ocampo Jose Antonio
- 1-29 Public Finance and Economic Development: Reflections based on Experience in China
by Gordon Roger H.
- 1-38 Impact of Political Reservations in West Bengal Local Governments on Anti-Poverty Targeting
by Bardhan Pranab K. & Mookherjee Dilip & Parra Torrado Monica
- 1-47 Democracy, Autocracy and Bureaucracy
by Dixit Avinash K
- 1-62 Incomes in South Africa after the Fall of Apartheid
by Leibbrandt Murray & Levinsohn James A & McCrary Justin