Deindustrialization and Unsustainable Debt in Middle-Income Countries: The Case of Puerto Rico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Ostry, Jonathan D., 2008.
"International evidence on fiscal solvency: Is fiscal policy "responsible"?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 1081-1093, September.
- Mr. Jonathan David Ostry & Mr. Enrique G. Mendoza, 2007. "International Evidenceon Fiscal Solvency: Is Fiscal Policy "Responsible"?," IMF Working Papers 2007/056, International Monetary Fund.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan D. Ostry, 2007. "International Evidence on Fiscal Solvency: Is Fiscal Policy "Responsible"?," NBER Working Papers 12947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pablo A. Gluzmann & Martin M. Guzman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2018. "An Analysis of Puerto Rico's Debt Relief Needs to Restore Debt Sustainability," NBER Working Papers 25256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niranjan Chipalkatti & Meenakshi Rishi, 2001. "External Debt and Capital Flight in the Indian Economy," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 31-44.
- Bernd Kempa & Nazmus Sadat Khan, 2016. "Government debt and economic growth in the G7 countries: are there any causal linkages?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(6), pages 440-443, April.
- Sanjaya Lall, 1996. "Learning from the Asian Tigers," Palgrave Macmillan Books, Palgrave Macmillan, number 978-0-230-38989-2, September.
- William Milberg & Deborah Winkler, 2010. "Economic insecurity in the new wave of globalization: offshoring and the labor share under varieties of capitalism," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 285-308.
- Homi Kharas & Harinder Kohli, 2011. "What Is the Middle Income Trap, Why do Countries Fall into It, and How Can It Be Avoided?," Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, Emerging Markets Forum, vol. 3(3), pages 281-289, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- How the Triple Tax Exemption on Puerto Rico’s Bonds Financed Its Territorial Status—and Helped Spark Its Debt Crisis
by Evaluz Cotto-Quijano in Pro-Market on 2018-09-11 16:45:18
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Fox & Yusuf Mubarak & Abdurasak Adam, 2020. "Ecological Analyses of Social Sustainability for International Production with Fixed and Moveable Technologies," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(20), pages 1-15, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Helmut Herwartz & Malte Rengel, 2018. "Size-corrected inference in fiscal policy reaction functions: a three country assessment," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 391-416, September.
- Gerardo Manzo & Antonio Picca, 2020. "The Impact of Sovereign Shocks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 66(7), pages 3113-3132, July.
- Scott Rozelle & Yiran Xia & Dimitris Friesen & Bronson Vanderjack & Nourya Cohen, 2020. "Moving Beyond Lewis: Employment and Wage Trends in China’s High- and Low-Skilled Industries and the Emergence of an Era of Polarization," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 62(4), pages 555-589, December.
- Dâ€™Erasmo, P. & Mendoza, E.G. & Zhang, J., 2016.
"What is a Sustainable Public Debt?,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & Harald Uhlig (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 2493-2597,
- Pablo D'Erasmo & Enrique Mendoza & Jing Zhang, 2015. "What is a Sustainable Public Debt?," PIER Working Paper Archive 15-033, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 16 Apr 2015.
- Pablo D'Erasmo & Enrique G. Mendoza & Jing Zhang, 2015. "What is a Sustainable Public Debt?," NBER Working Papers 21574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2010. "Trade liberalization, industrialization and development; experience of recent decades," MPRA Paper 26355, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Linjie & Liu, Xiaming & Yuan, Dong & Yu, Miaojie, 2017. "Does outward FDI generate higher productivity for emerging economy MNEs? – Micro-level evidence from Chinese manufacturing firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 839-854.
- Sergey Pekarski, 2017.
"Tight Money and the Sustainability of Public Debt,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 13(1), pages 191-223, February.
- Sergey E. Pekarski, 2015. "Tight Money and the Sustainability of Public Debt," HSE Working papers WP BRP 95/EC/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Pierre ALDAMA & Jérôme Creel, 2017.
"Fiscal policy in the US : Ricardian after all ?,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE
2017-23, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- pierre Aldama & Jérôme Creel, 2017. "Fiscal policy in the US : Ricardian after all ?," Working Papers hal-03458503, HAL.
- pierre Aldama & Jérôme Creel, 2017. "Fiscal policy in the US : Ricardian after all ?," SciencePo Working papers Main hal-03458503, HAL.
- pierre Aldama & Jérôme Creel, 2017. "Fiscal policy in the US : Ricardian after all ?," Sciences Po publications 23, Sciences Po.
- Maxime MENUET & Alexandru MINEA & Patrick VILLIEU, 2017. "Public Debt, Endogenous Growth Cycles and Indeterminacy," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2467, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Munawar-Shah, Syed & Abdul-Majid, Mariani & Hussain-Shah, Syed, 2014.
"Assessing Fiscal Sustainability for SAARC and IMT-GT Countries,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 26-40.
- Syed, Munawar-Shah & Mariani, Abdul-Majid & Syed, Hussain-Shah, 2014. "Assessing Fiscal Sustainability for SAARC and IMT-GT Countries," MPRA Paper 62815, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2014.
- Jahan Ara Peerally & John Cantwell, 2011. "The Impact Of Trade Policy Regimes On Firms' Learning For Innovation From Suppliers," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(01), pages 29-68.
- António AFONSO & Priscilla TOFFANO, 2013.
"Fiscal regimes in the EU,"
Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven
ces13.06, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- António Afonso & Priscilla Toffano, 2013. "Fiscal regimes in the EU," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/10, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & Toffano, Priscilla, 2013. "Fiscal regimes in the EU," Working Paper Series 1529, European Central Bank.
- Ron Boschma, 2021. "Designing Smart Specialization Policy: relatedness, unrelatedness, or what?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2128, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Sep 2021.
- Neaime, Simon, 2015. "Sustainability of budget deficits and public debts in selected European Union countries," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-21.
- Batini, Nicoletta & Melina, Giovanni & Villa, Stefania, 2019.
"Fiscal buffers, private debt, and recession: The good, the bad and the ugly,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Nicoletta Batini & Giovanni Melina & Stefania Villa, 2018. "Fiscal buffers, private debt and recession: the good, the bad and the ugly," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1186, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Lankester-Campos, Valerie & Loaiza-Marín, Kerry & Monge-Badilla, Carlos, 2020. "Assessing public debt sustainability for Costa Rica using the fiscal reaction function," Latin American Journal of Central Banking (previously Monetaria), Elsevier, vol. 1(1).
- Christoph Trebesch & Mr. Udaibir S Das & Mr. Michael G. Papaioannou, 2012. "Sovereign Debt Restructurings 1950-2010: Literature Survey, Data, and Stylized Facts," IMF Working Papers 2012/203, International Monetary Fund.
- Lars P. Feld & Ekkehard A. Köhler & Julia Wolfinger, 2020.
"Modeling fiscal sustainability in dynamic macro-panels with heterogeneous effects: evidence from German federal states,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 27(1), pages 215-239, February.
- Feld, Lars P. & Köhler, Ekkehard A. & Wolfinger, Julia, 2018. "Modeling fiscal sustainability in dynamic macro-panels with heterogeneous effects: Evidence from German federal states," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 18/05, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Feld, Lars P. & Köhler, Ekkehard A. & Wolfinger, Julia, 2018. "Modeling fiscal sustainability in dynamic macro-panels with heterogenous effects: Evidence from German federal states," Working Papers 03/2018, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Lars P. Feld & Ekkehard A. Köhler & Julia Wolfinger, 2018. "Modeling Fiscal Sustainability in Dynamic Macro-Panels with Heterogeneous Effects: Evidence from German Federal States," CESifo Working Paper Series 6976, CESifo.
- Pascal Towbin, 2013.
"Financial Integration And External Sustainability,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 375-395, October.
- Towbin, P., 2012. "Financial Integration and External Sustainability," Working papers 388, Banque de France.
- Alessandro Piergallini & Michele Postigliola, 2012.
"Fiscal Policy and Public Debt Dynamics in Italy, 1861-2009,"
Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 417-440.
- Alessandro Piergallini & Michele Postigliola, 2012. "Fiscal Policy and Public Debt Dynamics in Italy, 1861-2009," CEIS Research Paper 248, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 27 Jul 2012.
More about this item
KeywordsDeindustrialization; external debt; Puerto Rico;
All these keywords.
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:globdv:v:8:y:2018:i:2:p:11:n:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.