Miners' Wages in Post-war Britain: An Application of a Model of Trade Union Behaviour
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Andrew J. Oswald & Alan A. Carruth, 1984. "Miners' Wages in Post-War Britain: An Application of a Model of Trade Union Behavior," Working Papers 558, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaakko Pehkonen, 1990. "Do trade unions care about employment? : reduced-form test results from the Finnish paper and textile industries," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 26-40, Spring.
- Ester Faia & Lorenza Rossi, 2013.
"Union Power, Collective Bargaining, And Optimal Monetary Policy,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 408-427, January.
- Faia, Ester & Rossi, Lorenza, 2008. "Unions power, collective bargaining and optimal monetary policy," Kiel Working Papers 1490, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ester Faia & Lorenza Rossi, 2010. "Unions Power, Collective Bargaining and Optimal Monetary Policy," Quaderni di Dipartimento 126, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, October.
- Jerger, Jürgen & Michaelis, Jochen, 2011.
"The fixed wage puzzle: Why profit sharing is so hard to implement,"
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 104-106, February.
- Jerger, Jürgen & Michaelis, Jochen, 2010. "The Fixed Wage Puzzle: Why Profit Sharing Is So Hard to Implement," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 441, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Jürgen Jerger & Jochen Michaelis, 2010. "The Fixed Wage Puzzle : Why Profit Sharing Is So Hard to Implement," Working Papers 283, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Jürgen Jerger & Jochen Michaelis, 2010. "The Fixed Wage Puzzle: Why Profit Sharing Is So Hard to Implement," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201013, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Laszlo Goerke, 1998. "Privatization and efficiency wages," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 243-264, October.
- John M. Abowd & Henry S. Farber, 1990. "Product Market Competition, Union Organizing Activity, and Employer Resistence," NBER Working Papers 3353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burkhard Heer & Albrecht Morgenstern, 2005.
"The Labor Market Effects of Indexing Unemployment Benefits to Previous Earnings,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 33(3), pages 385-402, May.
- Heer, Burkhard & Morgenstern, Albrecht, 2000. "Indexation Of Unemployment Benefits To Previous Earnings, Employment And Wages," Discussion Papers in Economics 30, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per, 1999.
"Wage bargaining, union membership, and the organization of unemployment insurance,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 397-415, September.
- Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per, 1996. "Wage Bargaining, Union Membership, and the Organization of Unemployment Insurance," Working Paper Series 1996:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- André Zylberberg, 1990. "Salaires et emploi dans une économie de partage," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 92(1), pages 153-160.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1991. "Data Difficulties in Labor Economics," NBER Chapters,in: Fifty Years of Economic Measurement: The Jubilee of the Conference on Research in Income and Wealth, pages 273-298 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johnson, George E, 1990.
"Work Rules, Featherbedding, and Pareto-optimal Union-Management Bargaining,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages 237-259, January.
- George E. Johnson, 1986. "Work Rules, Featherbedding, and Pareto-Optimal Union Management Bargaining," NBER Working Papers 1820, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Piekkola, Hannu, 2006. "Tax cuts and employment: Evidence from Finnish linked employer-employee data," Discussion Papers 1041, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Henry S. Farber & Max H. Bazerman, 1987. "Divergent Expectations as a Cause of Disagreement in Bargaining: Evidence from a Comparison of Arbitration Schemes."," NBER Working Papers 2139, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hogan, Chad, 2001. "Enforcement of Implicit Employment Contracts through Unionization," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 171-195, January.
- Cardullo, Gabriele, 2011.
"The distributive and welfare effects of product and labour market deregulation,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 205-217, April.
- Gabriele CARDULLO, 2009. "The Distributive and Welfare Effects of Product and Labour Market Deregulation," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2009007, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Frank Barry & Joe Durkan, 1996. "Team Aer Lingus and Irish Steel: An Application of the Declining High-Wage Industries Literature," Open Access publications 10197/5743, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Yamane, Linus, 1998. "The insider-outsider model and Japanese labor unions," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 157-171, April.
- Fredriksson, Peter & Holmlund, Bertil, 2001.
"Optimal Unemployment Insurance in Search Equilibrium,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 370-399, April.
- Fredriksson, Peter & Holmlund, Bertil, 1998. "Optimal Unemployment Insurance in Search Equilibrium," Working Paper Series 1998:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Fredriksson, P. & Holmlund, B., 1998. "Optimal Unemployment Insurance in Search Equilibrium," Papers 1998-2, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Stifel, David C. & Thorbecke, Erik, 2003. "A dual-dual CGE model of an archetype African economy: trade reform, migration and poverty," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 207-235, April.
- Holzer, Harry J & Montgomery, Edward B, 1993.
"Asymmetries and Rigidities in Wage Adjustments by Firms,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 397-408, August.
- Harry J. Holzer & Edward B. Montgomery, 1990. "Asymmetries and Rigidities in Wage Adjustments by Firms," NBER Working Papers 3274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Card, David, 1986.
"Efficient Contracts with Costly Adjustment: Short-run Employment Determination for Airline Mechanics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1045-1071, December.
- David Card, 1986. "Efficient Contracts with Costly Adjustment: Short-RUn Employment Determination for Airline Mechanics," NBER Working Papers 1931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adriana Cassoni, 1997. "A brief survey on the role of trade unions in labour market," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0697, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Louis N. Christofides & Andrew J. Oswald, 1991. "Efficient and Inefficient Employment Outcomes: A Study Based on Canadian Data," NBER Working Papers 3648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moreton, David R., 1998. "An open shop trade union model of wages, effort and membership," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 511-527, August.
- Bruno Chiarini & Paolo Piselli, 2000. "Aggregate Fluctuations In A Unionized Labor Market," Working Papers 2_2000, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
More about this item
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:95:y:1985:i:380:p:1003-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.