From Training to Labour Market. Holocletic Model
The desired professional insertion (placement) after training is under the influence of personal and exogenous variables. In the present paper we identify the constraints and devices that, in an interactive way, can shape and affect the professional insertion. This paper is a result of a subchapter of the author’s PhD dissertation. The helpfulness of the meanings and definitions is clearly reliant on the study framework. We aim to provide to the reader a set of elements that help to distinguish, to compare and turn out accessible the eclectic dominant mainstream, in order to standardized, to clarify and to apply concepts in future research works and studies. We also suggest a study model with a different point of view.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emmanuelle Marchal & Kévin Mellet & Géraldine Rieucau, 2007. "Job board toolkits: Internet matchmaking and changes in job advertisements," Post-Print halshs-00825168, HAL.
- Chagas Lopes, Margarida, 2005.
"Transições e Pontos Críticos das Trajectórias de Escolaridade: Estudo de Caso em seis Escolas Secundárias da Grande Lisboa
[Transition and Turning Points in Scholar Trajectories: Case Study with Si," MPRA Paper 22102, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Belzil, Christian, 1996. "Relative Efficiencies and Comparative Advantages in Job Search," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 154-73, January.
- Peter Kuhn & Mikal Skuterud, 2004.
"Internet Job Search and Unemployment Durations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 218-232, March.
- Kuhn, Peter J. & Skuterud, Mikal, 2002. "Internet Job Search and Unemployment Durations," IZA Discussion Papers 613, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kuhn, Peter & Skuterud, Mikal Skuterud, 2002. "Internet Job Search and Unemployment Durations," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt8583s24x, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Koning, Pierre & Berg, Gerard J. van den & Ridder, Geert, 1997. "A structural analysis of job search methods and subsequent wages," Serie Research Memoranda 0036, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Bryant, Richard R., 1990. "Job search and information processing in the presence of nonrational behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 249-260, October.
- Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields & Stephen Wheatley Price, 2003.
"Immigrant Job Search In The Uk:Evidence From Panel Data,"
Paul Frijters Discussion Papers
2003-2, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Stephen Wheatley Price & Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2004. "Immigrant Job Search in the UK: Evidence from Panel Data," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 197, Econometric Society.
- Frijters, Paul & Shields, Michael A. & Wheatley Price, Stephen, 2003. "Immigrant Job Search in the UK: Evidence from Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 902, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michèle Mansuy & Thomas Couppié, 2004. "L'insertion professionnelle des débutants en Europe : des situations contrastées," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 378(1), pages 147-165.
- Olympia Bover & Pilar García-Perea & Pedro Portugal, 2000. "Labour market outliers: Lessons from Portugal and Spain," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(31), pages 379-428, October.
- L. Biggeri & M. Bini & L. Grilli, 2001. "The transition from university to work: a multilevel approach to the analysis of the time to obtain the first job," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(2), pages 293-305.
- Harry J. Holzer, 1986.
"Search Method Use by Unemployed Youth,"
NBER Working Papers
1859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lindeboom, M. & Ours, J.C. & Renes, G., 1991.
"Matching employers and workers : an empirical analysis on the effectiveness of search,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0063, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Lindeboom, Maarten & van Ours, Jan C & Renes, Gusta, 1994. "Matching Employers and Workers: An Empirical Analysis on the Effectiveness of Search," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(1), pages 45-67, January.
- Robert Boyer, 2006. "Employment and decent work in the era of flexicurity," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590452, HAL.
- Ryan, P., 2000. "The School-to-Work Transition: A Cross-National Perspective," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0014, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- John T. Addison & Pedro Portugal, 1998.
"Job Search Methods and Outcomes,"
w199808, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro, 1998. "Job Search Methods and Outcomes," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-41, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro, 2001. "Job Search Methods and Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 349, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cecilia Albert Verdú & Luis Toharia Cortés & Rosario Sánchez Pérez & Juan Pablo Juárez, 1998. "- Las Transiciones De Los Jóvenes De La Escuela Al Mercado De Trabajo: Un Análisis De Flujos," Working Papers. Serie EC 1998-24, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Parsons, Donald O, 1991. "The Job Search Behavior of Employed Youth," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 597-604, November.
- Barron, John M & Gilley, Otis W, 1981. "Job Search and Vacancy Contacts: Note," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 747-52, September.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Linda Datcher Loury, 2004.
"Job Information Networks, Neighborhood Effects, and Inequality,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1056-1093, December.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Linda Datcher Loury, 2002. "Job Information Networks, Neighborhood Effects and Inequality," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0217, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Harry J. Holzer, 1987. "Job search by employed and unemployed youth," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 40(4), pages 601-611, July.
- Paul Gregg & Jonathan Wadsworth, 1996. "Mind the Gap," CEP Discussion Papers dp0303, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Evelyn Blumenberg, 2002. "On the Way to Work: Welfare Participants and Barriers to Employment," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 16(4), pages 314-325, November.
- Pierre Cahuc & François Fontaine, 2004. "Le rôle des allocations chômage en présence de différentes méthodes de recherche d'emploi," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(3), pages 591-600.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00590452 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Ours, J.C. & Lindeboom, M. & Renes, G., 1994. "Matching Employers and Workers : an Empirical Analysis on the Effectiveness of Search," Other publications TiSEM 3ada67c1-145c-42d0-8726-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Wolter, Stefan C. & Mühlemann, Samuel & Schweri, Jürg, 2003.
"Why Some Firms Train Apprentices and Many Others Do Not,"
IZA Discussion Papers
916, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stefan C. Wolter & Samuel Mühlemann & Jürg Schweri, 2006. "Why Some Firms Train Apprentices and Many Others Do Not," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7, pages 249-264, 08.
- Seater, John J, 1979. "Job Search and Vacancy Contacts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 411-19, June.
- Ari Hyytinen & Pekka Ilmakunnas, 2007. "Entrepreneurial Aspirations: Another Form of Job Search?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 63-80, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.